Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 09:54 PM   #31
Not Your Average Joe
Regular User

If you really want to know more about American foreign policy here's a link for you. If you want to know even more look around the site. http://www.newamericancentury.org/st...principles.htm
Old 01-28-2004, 10:00 PM   #32
graywolf624
Regular User

Ok so graywolf, them finding a guy in iraq after they caught saddam, and the war was over proves what? he could have gone in there after the war. Saddam offered money to the FAMILIES of suicide bombers, not to terrorist organizations.
What is your definitiont of terrorist. A suicide bomber isn't a member of a terrorist organization or a terrorist to you? I said supports terrorism. I think that equals.

Also graywolf, almost everyday the white house is recanting slowly about the WMD claims, so that was a lie. What high profile fields are firing? What i see is a bunch of retirements coming soon because the baby boom generation is reaching that age, i also see companies moving jobs out of the country.
Still no tech on how our economy is doing bad. Firing fields. IT.. Yes there is an outsourcing but thats not the cause of it.
Manufacturing- same thing.
What people seem to forget is that recessions serve as a re3distribution of wealth and a shift in fields. For every field thats disappearing theres another building back up.

Also graywolf, almost everyday the white house is recanting slowly about the WMD claims, so that was a lie
Still no. You said the guy could come in. How about the wmd go out? That isn't possible? Yet again the point is they believed they were there and iraq was a threat to our security. I said before whether they were correct is an opinion. It wasnt done for some sinister motive though.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:02 PM   #33
graywolf624
Regular User

If you really want to know more about American foreign policy here's a link for you. If you want to know even more look around the site
What is this site? I disagree with the way they feel policy should go. Certainly isn't the definition of the US foreign policy. Just what someone feels it should be. Still it proves my point as before.

Personally I feel the US has to just keep out of all conflict. We just make ourselves a target getting involved. No one likes us unless we help them and only when we help them. Let them handle their own issues.(aka Im anti us in israel. Anti us in iraq. Anti us in bosnia. Anti us in korea. They are going to fight with or without us. Let them do it without us and we can fix our own problems. At least in that way people quit criticizing us for helping someone they dont think we should or helping where they dont want us too.

That being said I don't think someones evil or bad for being involved there.

edit-
And before someone accuses me of all about me. I believe in capitalism and competition as the key to a good nation. I give to charity and care. I just believe in a hand up not a hand out.

In actuallity this last bit is the only portion where Ive been political this whole time. The rest is just trying to point out that republicans aren't evil. I dont want to convert you to my way of thinking. Nor does it bother me what you believe. It does bother me that you think others are using something evily when they are not.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:09 PM   #34
SFDMALEX
Regular User

You guys having fun?
Old 01-28-2004, 10:13 PM   #35
graywolf624
Regular User

You guys having fun?
Not particularly. I'm defending someone I don't even agree withs policies. I just really hate that if someone has a different political philosphy they are evil. I see it on both sides. The republicans are said to only be for the rich. Then people say the democrats are communists that either just want power for themselves or want to give things to people for votes. I disagree for the most part with both.

I'm not a democrat or a republican. Frankly they aren't that much different. I understand their arguements/reasonings and base my leanings on that. To assume that either side is evil though .. that is a poor way to formulate ones opinion.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:17 PM   #36
Not Your Average Joe
Regular User

Certainly isn't the definition of the US foreign policy. Just what someone feels it should be.
This is true, however some of the people who signed that statement are today implementing US foreign policy, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld to name a couple.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:20 PM   #37
graywolf624
Regular User

This is true, however some of the people who signed that statement are today implementing US foreign policy, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld to name a couple
Good point. Either way it also shows the exact point I'm trying to make.
Opinions of how something that run republican or democrat do not equal bad or evil. It iis merely a matter of what you believe should be done to achieve the same goal. Safety for the world.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:38 PM   #38
blah
Regular User

Graywolf, have you called any of those "patriotic" companies for help as of lately? 9 times out of 10 you will get some guy from India who cant even speak a lick of english. Try calling dell. yet no one seems to want to do crap about this, im not blaming bush or anything, but some of his friends are fucking over our country.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:49 PM   #39
graywolf624
Regular User

Graywolf, have you called any of those "patriotic" companies for help as of lately? 9 times out of 10 you will get some guy from India who cant even speak a lick of english. Try calling dell. yet no one seems to want to do crap about this, im not blaming bush or anything, but some of his friends are fucking over our country.
First off what does this have to do with companies in the first place. Being republican has nothing to do with companies. As for the shift to abroad. That is happening everywhere. Heck china is upset because their labor is getting out sourced. I personally dont think its an issue because I believe in free trade which should result if other countries continue the current path. When we export our work to other countries as long as we have a shift to new fields we win. We get cheaper products for the customers. More profits for our country. More taxes for our country. As long as we shift our selves to other fields that are not exported. You can argue that this shift isn't occuring but at the moment it isn't failing us at any sort of bothersome rate. Our unemployment rate is right at what is believed to be our natural rate of unemployment. A rate we had for decades before the false bubble of 96-99. We simply aren't nor have we since the 80s had a really bad economic time. Our version of poor is can't afford a ps2 for crying out loud. The government has no right or place to put restrictions on where the jobs go. They need to encourage what allows these technological advancements to occur. Innovation. Discovering new fields that wont there.

The same thing has happened throughout time. When we replaced jobs with machines during the industrial revolution the same shout was heard. It didn't work like that.

What to do about it or if is a matter of opinion as well. Still not good or bad government but instead your take on the situation. If you can show me that tech advancement won't transfer the jobs to other fields then I'll believe you. At the moment though there are more then a few fields with labor shortage in the US.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:54 PM   #40
blah
Regular User

Where did i even say republican?
Old 01-28-2004, 10:59 PM   #41
graywolf624
Regular User

Where did i even say republican?
We are talking about Bush and his administration. Republicans. Thats what this is about. The fact that they do have reasons.

The companies leave to make money. I don't think it has anything to do with patriotism either way. It's not supposed to be.

Capitalism and free trade work because of competition. Thus the freedom to move and make money elsewhere.
It's based on the idea that if we move the cheap jobs elsewhere we will find something to do that we are better at then they. Their always is a comparitive advantage. Thats what your supposed to play too.
There is no such thing as an alturistic act. Everything ultimately is selfish. And my opinion is that the best system takes advantage of that fact. Others are of the persuasion that competition will fail.. Or that some people start out with an unfair advantage so we must level the playing field. Thats where political views come in.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:27 PM   #42
blah
Regular User

Im not going off if hes a republican, im just saying in general hes not the greatest weve had.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:29 PM   #43
graywolf624
Regular User

Im not going off if hes a republican, im just saying in general hes not the greatest weve had.
I never said he was the greatest. I said he wasn't bad. I also said his policies weren't evil.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:22 AM   #44
blah
Regular User

i never said they were evil either.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:31 AM   #45
snacky
Regular User

hahaha, that's freaken hilarious.

check out Gdub's niece, lauren bush, wowzers. I want bush . hehe