Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #151
TopGearNL
Regular User

I am glad you come and provide your vast knowledge of performance cars tough, tell us when you get your license and actually have driven...
Oh were beginning on that tone again are we...

I have read every comment from both of you's. RC is right about what he stated, the Corvette is the best allround sportscar. Oh I might not have driven it but have you? Have you driven the RS4?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #152
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by TopGearNL
I am glad you come and provide your vast knowledge of performance cars tough, tell us when you get your license and actually have driven...
Oh were beginning on that tone again are we...

I have read every comment from both of you's. RC is right about what he stated, the Corvette is the best allround sportscar. Oh I might not have driven it but have you? Have you driven the RS4?
He did not state best allround sporst car at all, before you tell me how to read, learn the art of reading yourself kido....

I am not about to discuss what cars I have driven vs you get your driving license, drive some cars and then come back with an attitude if you want to go down that road....
Then what is this?
for the stupid THE Z06 IS NOT--- NOT - NOT - NOT - NOT - NOT - THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD

I have only ever said it is the BEST SPORTS CAR BARGAIN - THATS IT - NO MORE - NO LESS
You don't even want to answer that simple question, that says alot...

Sure Ill come back when I have my license, any further requirements sir?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:45 PM   #153
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
If you go back you will see he stated car,
My first mistake was misjudging how important it was for you to "catch me out" -- something you have been tryign to do for years now.. :roll:

My second was assuming that in a discussion about sportscars and performance the audience would naturally realize and cotten on to this fact and stay with the topic :roll:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:49 PM   #154
TopGearNL
Regular User

My second was assuming that in a discussion about sportscars and performance the audience would naturally realize and cotten on to this fact and stay with the topic
At least one person realized that
Old 01-21-2007, 07:50 PM   #155
RC45
Regular User

My second was assuming that in a discussion about sportscars and performance the audience would naturally realize and cotten on to this fact and stay with the topic
Now you're scarying me.. 1 in 37,000 members is not a good indication of average reading comprehension
Old 01-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #156
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Now you're scarying me.. 1 in 37,000 members is not a good indication of average reading comprehension
LOL!

Well Im leaving this topic/discussion. I can only come back when Ive got my Drivers License..
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 AM   #157
tforth
Regular User

Considering the C5 Coupe has a large glass hatch, and the C5 Z06 has the very same profile as Convertible with Hardtiop and an actual trunk - the car is quite distinct.
So, are you saying that this body shell wasn't available with the 'garden engine'. I'm pretty sure I knew a guy who bought one, when they were new.

Another thing I was surprised to read, was that the official top speed for the C5 Z06 was only 176 mph (limited by redline in 5th). That's quite a bit slower than its competition, isn't it?
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 AM   #158
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth
Considering the C5 Coupe has a large glass hatch, and the C5 Z06 has the very same profile as Convertible with Hardtiop and an actual trunk - the car is quite distinct.
So, are you saying that this body shell wasn't available with the 'garden engine'. I'm pretty sure I knew a guy who bought one, when they were new.

Another thing I was surprised to read, was that the official top speed for the C5 Z06 was only 176 mph (limited by redline in 5th). That's quite a bit slower than its competition, isn't it?
The Z06 shaped Vette with the garden variety engine would be the Fixed Roof Coupe (FRC). There are a few exterior details that sets it apart from the Z06 though.

I just want everyone to know that this thread has baby jesus in tears. Also, given where I live, if I had to choose between the Z06 and RS4 as a daily driver, the choice is easy. RS4 for the win. Not that I wouldn't mind owning a Z06.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 AM   #159
nthfinity
Regular User

173 mph in the top of 5th at 6700? wherever OEM is set to.

Find me one of it's competitors who pulls with 340 ft. lbs. at redline at 170+ mph. The porsche would touch 180ish, the Ferrari 360 180 ish, and anything lesser 150ish...

slower top speed perhaps, but greater abilities on the track compared to the Ferrari, and the range of 911's until the GT3.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:27 AM   #160
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
What exactly are you planning on towing with a Murano, Minivan or Honda Pilot?
I saw that one comming. The minivan (a Nissan Quest) towes our Formula car with multiple sets of tires, tools and spares on the trailer and in the back of the van with no problem. Have been doing this with this car for a long time and car has taken it in stride.
So out of your entire tyrade, the only comeback you had was "We tow stuff with out minivan"?
Actually, out of your entire tyrade and me proving that by getting 2 cars for cheaper then 1, you started to argue about whether you could tow anything with a minivan or Pilot. Not only do we tow "stuff" but we tow our race car. Oh, but I forgot that you are the master of driving on tracks and no one else know anything else about track or autocross driving, as you tried to start an argument with me in another topic about track experience, but I let it go.

Freeway driving regularly returns 25mpg average usage, and the "skip shift" feature that has a shift gate lock out that guides you from 1st to 4th during low rpm slow speed city driving returns an urban fuel cycle usage of about 18mpg.
That would be YOUR C5 Z06. Which is modified. I believe that the LS7 would get drastically different gas milage then YOUR C5 Z06. You seem to be using your Z06 to prove some points, but we are talking about an entirly different car here.

Christ brembo - why do you insist on being a prick about this whooe debate?
I believe you started calling him an asshole, a prick, and saying he sucks dick...
(just wanted to point that fact out sense we are all so interested in facts these days )

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:32 AM   #161
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

Find me one of it's competitors who pulls with 340 ft. lbs. at redline at 170+ mph. The porsche would touch 180ish, the Ferrari 360 180 ish, and anything lesser 150ish...

slower top speed perhaps, but greater abilities on the track compared to the Ferrari, and the range of 911's until the GT3.
Not everyone cares how much faster their car is around the Nurburgring then you car, especially when you have to live with it everyday. Jeremy Clakson even made a joke about people like that in his Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder review.

Speaking of Clarkson, he even said that the Z06 would be a bad car to have everyday. His opinion is close to mine about the Z06, one hellova great car, but not for me or him everyday.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:52 AM   #162
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity

Not everyone cares how much faster their car is around the Nurburgring then you car, especially when you have to live with it everyday. Jeremy Clakson even made a joke about people like that in his Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder review.

Speaking of Clarkson, he even said that the Z06 would be a bad car to have everyday. His opinion is close to mine about the Z06, one hellova great car, but not for me or him everyday.
would you appreciate an unbiased review of somebody who has a C6 Z06, and uses it as a daily driver in the rough riding roads of Michigan?
Old 01-22-2007, 03:14 AM   #163
RC45
Regular User

That would be YOUR C5 Z06. Which is modified. I believe that the LS7 would get drastically different gas milage then YOUR C5 Z06. You seem to be using your Z06 to prove some points, but we are talking about an entirly different car here.
Actually I was NOT talking about my car at all.. but rather the C6 Z06..

The C6 Z)6 does not get charged gas guzzler tax.. it has an 16/26mpg rating
Old 01-22-2007, 03:24 AM   #164
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Originally Posted by tforth

The Z06 shaped Vette with the garden variety engine would be the Fixed Roof Coupe (FRC). There are a few exterior details that sets it apart from the Z06 though.

I just want everyone to know that this thread has baby jesus in tears. Also, given where I live, if I had to choose between the Z06 and RS4 as a daily driver, the choice is easy. RS4 for the win. Not that I wouldn't mind owning a Z06.
That means you are willing to spend the entire summer driving an overweight pig?

BTW the FRC was on sale in 1999 and 2000, and came with the 345bhp LS1, only black interior, only stick shift, power drivers and manual passanger seat (it's a sports car after all and weight savings is the goal), Z51 suspension, lighter thinner front and rear glass... pretty much the performance Corvette of the day.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:04 AM   #165
pitfield
Regular User

Idiot.