Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
StanAE86
Regular User

Default Wrecked Shelby Cobra

Whether it's real or a kit, it still sucks, put that driver behind the wheel of a tricycle:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=79e_1187577635
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

S
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 PM   #3
RC45
Regular User

T
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

A
Old 08-29-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

N
Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
5vz-fe
Regular User

Stan...u really live up your name
Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 AM   #7
acmarttin
Regular User

I watched it again just to hear that guy go "Yep, she did it! I knew it! IIIIIII knew it!"
Old 08-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #8
philip
Regular User

Hey, I hadn't seen it before. Thanks Stan.

I was going no no no don't do it the whole time.

What was a surprise, and its good RC has already chimed in on this this, as where did this happen?

You guessed it. Houston, Texas at the Alabama Ice House. (its on Alabama Street in Montrose)

At the end of the video it says Ron Scott Productions. Well Ron Scott is a famous photographer, at least here in Texas. I call him "God". We have occasionally lifted a pint at the Alabama Ice House together.

Photographer's have a tough life so after a hard day of photographing Texas babes for local magazine covers, he generally ends his day early at the Alabama Ice house. He's what you call a regular.

Being a photographer he always has his digital camera with him. This is the THIRD such incident at this same location he has photographed. Previously it was a C-2 Corvette which hit another car head on.

His blog explains all the combination of details which leads to him being able to photograph this so often.

He blogs at ronscott.com Its also a good source for his fine art. His site has the other photos.

Here is a reprint of his blog regarding this incident. Without permission.

"Sunday, August 12, 2007

Perils of Peeling Out at the Ice House

In the past two years I have witnessed three auto wipe outs by people leaving the West Alabama Ice House. In all cases the drivers have done what we called as teenagers a peel out. Today it is also referred to as a burnout, although in these three cases not much smoke was generated, just a big crash at the end. Also common to all three instances was the consumption of adult beverages prior. However, the blame in all cases clearly falls upon the drivers and their hubris.

A small contributing factor (that all three drivers failed to take into consideration) is that with both a carwash and the Ice House's ice coolers nearby, the gutter of the street, which all crossed, always has some water standing in it. A little extra lubrication on the tires (as well as on the psyche of the driver) goes a long way to helping the situation go bad real quickly. In every case the driver turned from McDuffie Street onto West Alabama and then punched it, eventually losing it somewhere down Alabama Street.

In the first instance involving the Mustang, the obviously intoxicated driver was refused service at the Ice House and became enraged. Peeling out must have been his way to show his displeasure if not his false sense of macho (a common thread). After colliding with a sturdy light pole, he bolted the scene and disappeared into the neighborhood. The cops caught up with him later and he was, as they say, "cuffed and stuffed".

The situation with the Corvette was a bit different. I arrived just after the wreck but here is what I was told had transpired: The Corvette's driver had a very cute and flirtatious girlfriend. One of the Ice House regulars had been reciprocal in the flirtation and this annoyed the boyfriend. Once again, trying to regain the upper hand in the macho game, his peel out was meant to show who was top dog while attempting to impress the tarty girlfriend. This incident was the only one involving another moving vehicle. The Vette slammed head on into a smaller car coming the other direction. Fortunately the air bags in that car and the weight of the Vette kept all involved from serious injury.

In the most recent event involving the 1967 Shelby Cobra, the culprit was a mix of alcohol and inability. Also this was the only female (we think) driver involved. Now I am not saying that women cannot be as able drivers as men (don't want to tick off the NASCAR crowd) but clearly this one did not have the skills of the other two drivers. If you watch the video (see link below) you will see that she has trouble getting the car in the right gear or any gear at all. But eventually she got it going forward and peeled out down West Alabama towards a street named (of all things) Hazard! She lost it just shy of that intersection and slammed into a car parked at an auto repair shop on the corner. Fortunately the shop was closed and nobody was in the car (which will be in the shop just a bit longer than its owner anticipated).

The moral to these three tales: don't peel out at the Ice House. It always ends badly.

To see a video of the Cobra wipe out, click the link below:

Unfortunately, no videos of the other two wipe outs. Guess the third time is the charm (oops, sorry about that)."
Old 09-01-2007, 01:54 AM   #9
StanAE86
Regular User

Thanks RC...that was a new one.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:42 AM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by StanAE86
Thanks RC...that was a new one.
The trick was getting all 4 posts in before someone else arrived hehe
Old 09-06-2007, 02:27 AM   #11