Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 05-03-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
Toronto
Regular User

Default "2007 Lexus LF-A Gets a Workout on the Nurburgring"

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=105484

hope this isn't a repost, looks new to me, and sounds nice too 8)
Old 05-03-2005, 02:57 PM   #2
gobs3z
Regular User

That did sound really nice, does anybody think it's a coincidence that it was following a Supra at the end of the video?

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #3
DeMoN
Regular User

Thats a loud MOFO... I really hope that the GT-R Skyline will be released as a Nissan or else Lexus 1, Infiniti 0.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
Z3uS
Regular User

Very nice despite the qualiry of the video.

PS: Anyone having problems to see the video on Firefox? I had to load IE to watch this.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:46 PM   #5
CSedl87
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
That did sound really nice, does anybody think it's a coincidence that it was following a Supra at the end of the video?
Heh, yeah I saw it too, and was about to post it when I saw you did first. That car sounds really nice, kinda reminds me of the Carrera GT, sound wise. I bet they fuck up the steering though, a bit of a lexus trademark...
"At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think 'okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high" - Ayrton Senna
CSedl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #6
Neema702
Regular User

i freakin love it! i think lexus builds amazing cars, and im so happy they decided to enter the hyper-sport market! btw... i was told by the GM of the lexus dealership near my house, a family friend, that lexus also plans on bringing out a super-luxury car, something along the lines of a 12-cylinder LS500 or LS600, does anyone know any more about this?
Neema702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:38 AM   #7
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by Neema702
btw... i was told by the GM of the lexus dealership near my house, a family friend, that lexus also plans on bringing out a super-luxury car, something along the lines of a 12-cylinder LS500 or LS600, does anyone know any more about this?
Lexus unveils hybrid GS450H at New York Auto Show ...

Lexus continues to rock the luxury car market as it unveiled yet another ground-breaking hybrid vehicle, with the Lexus GS450h taking the stage today at the New York International Auto Show.

Based closely on the new GS luxury sport saloon that goes on sale in the UK next month, the GS450h is the world's first hybrid luxury saloon and the first full hybrid vehicle with a front engine and rear-wheel drive.

While the application of hybrid power to a high-performance luxury sport saloon is certainly new ground, Lexus is using hybrid technology proven over several years and hundreds of thousands of miles of testing and consumer use. The result is sports-car like performance, with 0-60 acceleration in substantially less than six seconds and combined fuel economy more typical of a 2.0-litre four-cylinder compact saloon, along with one of the lowest emission ratings in the world.

A completely new Lexus Hybrid powertrain was created to power the new GS450h. The system combines a 3.5-litre V6 engine with a high-output, permanent magnet electric motor - all driving the rear wheels. Combined power output will be similar to a 4.5-litre V8 engine, delivering in excess of 300 bhp.

Even more impressive is the torque delivered during mid-range acceleration. The system's massive electric motor is capable of delivering maximum torque, immediately upon demand. This unique power delivery characteristic is most noticeable, and most useful, during 30-50 mph passing manoeuvres.

The Lexus GS450h is targeted for sale in the middle of 2006. The new GS300 and GS430 go on sale in the UK from 15 April this year followed in June by the world's first hybrid luxury SUV, the Lexus RX400h.

Lexus GS450h Preliminary Specifications (USA model)

Engine / electric drive motor 3.5-litre V6 engine / permanent magnet electric motor
Power bhp equivalent to 4.5-litre V8 engine
Driven wheels Rear
0-60 mph Under 6 seconds
Fuel economy Similar to the average 2-litre, 4-cyl. compact saloon

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:10 PM   #8
StanAE86
Regular User

Anyone got an idea why I can't view the flash? I get the "need to upgrade" window, but I upgraded and got the "successful" upgrade window...restarted the computer and still nothing. Each time I pull up the window, I get the same "need to upgrade" box.....WTF?

Thanks for any help you can gimme...