Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Photography

Old 04-19-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
sameerrao
Regular User

Default Post your favorite photos here

I thought it would be cool if we have one place to post our favorite photos.

We are all a mixed bunch of amateurs and semi-professionals here with different experience and skill levels.

People new to photography can learn a lot from others that experimented/played around and came up with something cool. This way all our skills improve.

Rules:
1. Post your own photo - not someone else like a National Geographic for example

2. Give a small write up (2-3 lines maybe) explaining:
a) Why do you like this photo
b) What technique did you apply to take this picture ... keep it simple for a newbie to understand. What did you do for post processing - photoshop
c) How could this photo be improved if you had to take it again.

3. Technique is more important than the subject matter - A photo of a Ferrari CS will look superb every time unless you really fuck it up because the subject is very photogenic. It takes no real skill to get a good picture of it. Ask yourself, if it was a Corolla there instead of the Ferrari would you still like the photo?

4. You are not restricted to only posting one photo ... post as many as you want with a write-up.

Hope you guys will contribute

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
sameerrao
Regular User

I will start of with one of my favorite photos - It is a F40 reflected in a 360 wheel bolts.

Why I like it
I like it because I managed to get the F40 show up on all 5 bolts of the Ferrari wheel and with the 360's Cavallino in the center. The Red car color was a nice plus because it manages to really stand out on the shiny wheel bolt.

I accidentally came upon this image when I sitting down next to the 360 to take a brief rest after all the morning's shooting.

Technique?
From a technique standpoint, it was nothing special. I just manouevred around till I could see the F40 is all the bolts. From a photoprocessing standpoint I just cropped the image to keep the emphasis on the wheel and did an Auto levels in Photoshop.

How can it be improved?
If I have an issue with the picture is that I had the wrong camera lens for this picture ... I used a wide angle lens. As a result I was force to get real close to the wheel to get the F40 in focus. You can see my reflection on one the wheel bolts. I am pretty sure that the picture was taken with a zoom from a distance it would have been better.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote