Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 12-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Zero to 200 and Back... TT GT vs. TT Gallardo vs. S7 TT vs. TT Z06 vs TT Viper

I'll upload some of my own photos of the event soon
Old 12-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
JoeHahn
Regular User

Those Heffner cars sure do destroy massive chunks of road. Im surprised how fast the GT's 0-60 and 0-100 times are even with is massive tyres, that kind of BHP is hard to manage.

I also love Lingenfelters "We've done this a dozen times before and its never once failed". I guess they dont have motoring journos on their development team to test their cars hard enough
Old 12-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
Svensson
Regular User

Thanks for the scans, this will make a nice read!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn View Post
Those Heffner cars sure do destroy massive chunks of road. Im surprised how fast the GT's 0-60 and 0-100 times are even with is massive tyres, that kind of BHP is hard to manage.

I also love Lingenfelters "We've done this a dozen times before and its never once failed". I guess they dont have motoring journos on their development team to test their cars hard enough
Their "on staff" (not really, the owner of the car's "staff driver") is far more brutal on the car then the C+D guys were.... In the numerous days of testing that I was on for the Lingenfelter car, the brakes were never an issue, but rather the transmission was not strong enough.

what is truly amazing, is that the GT is very "stock" with exception to the TT setup! The LPE car is very heavy..
Old 12-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

Thank you, I was waiting for a comparo like that
Old 12-26-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
mayer
Regular User

Thanks for the scans. I'd take the Ford GT whether it was the fastest or not. Love the first page; what a beautiful car.
mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:42 AM   #7
carreragt10
Regular User

Nice scans
Old 12-27-2007, 03:30 AM   #8
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

I dunno what it is about it, but I'd take the Gallardo. I always thought it would amazing if they made it RWD, and now they have, and they added more power for good measure.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:51 AM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by ferrarif1fan89 View Post
I dunno what it is about it, but I'd take the Gallardo. I always thought it would amazing if they made it RWD, and now they have, and they added more power for good measure.
Jason's latest Gallardo TT is still AWD, and has over 100 more HP to the wheels if this RWD Gallardo does 10.5's @138 mph, the new one should be 10.1 +- @ low 140's !!

It should be said, tho... that CD's calculation for HP may be pretty close for the Viper, and Vette... but they were both also sandbagging

The GT made a one time run with 933 RWHP, and has less drivetrain loss then even the Gallardo from what I've been told
Old 12-27-2007, 04:21 AM   #10
r2r
Regular User

Nice!

I remember you mentioned about participating in this test a while back, and now finally it's published.

The sounds from all the cars must have been amazing to hear.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #11
Pokiou
Regular User

nice scans man .. u got Pm :p
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:40 PM   #12
Guibo
Regular User

Thanks for the scans!

Looks like Heffner does some high-quality work; neither of his cars apparently had any problems, while those of the established tuners did. I'd love to see the Veyron included in this kind of test.
Guibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Guibo View Post
Thanks for the scans!

Looks like Heffner does some high-quality work; neither of his cars apparently had any problems, while those of the established tuners did. I'd love to see the Veyron included in this kind of test.
They did try to get a Veyron, but C+D ran into a couple issues.
1. They only managed to contact Bugatti to get a car 2 weeks before the date they needed it for test. (C+D claim they were trying to get ahold of them 6 months in advance.... I trust the guy who is in charge of Bugatti NA who told me 2 weeks)

2. the only Veyron in town is not going to be used for magazine testing.

However... RT did their 0-200 mph test, and that can be used pretty accurately to compare against these cars... with 0-200 in 24.5ish seconds.