Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

View Poll Results: How do you like the next NFS would be?
A hot pursuit series sequel?(NFS:III & NFS:HS2) 10 40.00%
A porsche series sequel? (NFS P2000 & NFSU) 5 20.00%
A road challenge (NFS:IV High Stakes) Sequel? 10 40.00%
A Underground series sequel? (NFS:U & NFS:U2) 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2004, 01:24 PM   #16
astonmartinandy
Regular User

The original was awesome - does anybody know where you can still get the game from?
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 02:55 PM   #17
ARMAN
Regular User

You cannot buy it anymore

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:09 AM   #18
N.J.
Regular User

I don't think NFS is dead (at least I hope not...) - I'll explain why:

The important thing to remember is that NFS1/1se & NFS5 -Porsche- were made by a different group from EA than the people who made NFS2/3/4/6 etc. etc.

(Thats why the first 2 I mentioned stand out so much from the others and why the others are shit...see!)

So as long as the group who made the original & Porsche version make further versions in the future, then I've got a reason to keep an eye out...the challenge is of course to spot the dud ones ie. ignore the manufacturers/cars included, exercise a bit of self-discipline and not buy them if the handling/realism/physics aren't correct.
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:39 AM   #19
N.J.
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Oh man N.J.!!! You have the full version of NFS! :shock: Thats the best series IMO too. Long 3 parts roads(Alpine Montains or Costal), cool cars, great chases. The best was 911(of course Testarossa was fastest but..) you could see the ass going sideways if in the corner you released the throttle(if you know what I mean). And yes it was SIM, if you made mistake and crashed - you could only pray than car in front of you crash cause otherwise you would loose. I remeber playing often "just one win and I go to sleep" series till 5-6 in the morning cause it was tricky to win (sometimes)
If EA would release new version of it with NFS6/7 graphyx and engine, with Enzo, Stradale, Scaglietti, 997, new Boxster, CGT, Zonda, new Viper, Honda Civic/Accord TypeR, S2000, C7, CSL, Gallardo, Exige etc. but no crappy F&F s*it + smarter cops and it would kick butts and forsure will be best seller of all NFS Series
I even had SE version, sold it long time ago

You got it

When going into sharp bends with the 911, I loved giving it a little flick, getting the back end out...ie a bit of the old 'lift off oversteer' theory

The Thrustmaster T2 Wheel & pedals worked really well.

For 5 years, I never put 'The Need For Speed' down.

Yes, I won the game over, and over, and over easlier...

But for fun, I'd pick a slower car - my fav- (911 Carrera) and take on the fastest (Diablo or 512TR) for a challenge as the AI was admittedly a bit slow.

Then I try to get the absolute best time at each circuit.

ie. I do a track in the Diablo, then again, again, then when I couldn't go any faster, get the next car and so on....

I know this sounds extremely repetitive, but thats the thing, the game felt so realistic that I rarely became tired of it.

(This is of course something I could never do with the other NFSs as they were no where near as satisfying enough - despite their superior tech)

I never managed to take on someone over the wires...If I found someone who wanted to though - even 10 years on - I wouldn't have to think twice about it.

Although, when I picked up 'Grand Prix Legends' (probably 2000), the handling really was something else again! ...the control you had between understeer & oversteer, steering with the throttle, powerslides, 4 wheel drifts and of course, the mighty Nordschliefe Nurburgring circuit.

p.s

Gran Turismo 4 really looks awesome.

The fact that the handling/physics is said to be spot on, over 500 cars, many tracks (including the Nordshliefe Nurburgring) are included, I think for the 1st time ever...I will probably end up buying my 1st game console, a PS2. (I've always had a pc see...)
Old 09-23-2004, 10:46 AM   #20
topgeartom
Regular User

I know you cant buy it anymore, but does anyone plz know where i can d/l the first two nfs's (NFS/NFS SE) please please please.

Ta
Old 09-23-2004, 11:24 AM   #21
gucom
Regular User

NFSU with cops and instead of 80 porsches 80 sportscars...that'd be perfect...
Old 09-24-2004, 12:27 AM   #22
N.J.
Regular User

Originally Posted by topgeartom
I know you cant buy it anymore, but does anyone plz know where i can d/l the first two nfs's (NFS/NFS SE) please please please.

Ta
No sure where you could download them - but I'm sure they're out there somewhere...

NFS1/NFS1 SE are the same thing really.

NFS1 was a dos version, NFS1SE was a Win95 version.

Although, from memory, NFS1SE did have an extra track.

Either of them are definately worth looking around for.

p.s

Here's the demo for a start (only 3.5mb)

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/game/48

I'll keep looking and see what else I can find.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:39 AM   #23
ARMAN
Regular User

Originally Posted by N.J.
But for fun, I'd pick a slower car - my fav- (911 Carrera) and take on the fastest (Diablo or 512TR) for a challenge as the AI was admittedly a bit slow.
I took amasingly slow Silver NSX or even slower RX7 and 512 or Diablo as opponent, those was the nights when I played till 5-6 in the morning
And that Supra - what a car it was! - sound of a chain saw!

Anyone know where to find the game?(TNFS SE) 8) SE better, cause I had normal version and there is a slight difference in quality I think.

EDIT: who was looking for NFS1? Its SE version but no vids and I think not all the music, but otherwise working

.................................................. .............................
Old 09-24-2004, 07:43 AM   #24
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by N.J.
I took amasingly slow Silver NSX or even slower RX7 and 512 or Diablo as opponent, those was the nights when I played till 5-6 in the morning
And that Supra - what a car it was! - sound of a chain saw!

Anyone know where to find the game?(TNFS SE) 8) SE better, cause I had normal version and there is a slight difference in quality I think.

EDIT: who was looking for NFS1? Its SE version but no vids and I think not all the music, but otherwise working
Thanks for that. I will d/l it when i get home. Hope its in english!!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:44 AM   #25
PATo355
Regular User

Ta

Just got it off bit torrent , go to www.suprnova.org , then games , then pc games , and check in the N , it should be there , 27mb

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:02 AM   #26
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by PATo355

Ta

Just got it off bit torrent , go to www.suprnova.org , then games , then pc games , and check in the N , it should be there , 27mb
Dont you have to pay for Supernova??? (I am skint remember )
Old 09-24-2004, 10:25 AM   #27
ARMAN
Regular User

this one is 55MB and it have more feauters - Las Vegas track (from SE), super fast car(from SE), music and some (dont know wich yet) vids but not vids of cars .
Before on that site was this 27mb .rar file.

Old 09-24-2004, 03:23 PM   #28
topgeartom
Regular User

this one is 55MB and it have more feauters - Las Vegas track (from SE), super fast car(from SE), music and some (dont know wich yet) vids but not vids of cars .
Before on that site was this 27mb .rar file.
Right, i've d/l'd your version (the 55mb) but when i run any of the prgrams it creates, i just get a lovely black screen. Am i being thick? Suggestions?
Old 09-24-2004, 04:33 PM   #29
ARMAN
Regular User

Dont know whats wrong To me works Nfssb.bat
BTW, this version 55MB have only one sound for all cars you drive same sound for 512,911 etc... but I got in my PC version that have all sounds as should be (61MB)