Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-28-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
D_Type
Regular User

Default Alfa-Romeo 33/2 Stradale, 1967-69

After the Lightweight, it’s time for me to introduce another sexy classic car in this section:

The Alfa-Romeo 33/2 "Stradale":

The "33 STRADALE" is the street version of the extraordinary and plurivictorious series 105-33, projected by Alfa Romeo to compete in the sport prototype group. The 33 will give to Alfa numerous and significant victories, during long years. The first version of the 8 cylinders motor appeared in 1966, and was denominated 33/2. Diverse models took this denomination, although from 1969 they used a new three litres motor. The "Periscopic one", the "Daytona" and the "Le Mans" are examples of the first 33 series. In 1971 Alfa Romeo had 4 resonant triumphs with these cars, winning the 1000 Kilometres de Brands Hatch, the Targa Florio and the 6 hours of Glenn Watkins. In 1972,a new version of the model appeared, the TT 3 (telaio tubolare) with a tubular chassis. In 1973, the TT 12 was launched, with a 12 cylinders boxer engine. With the 12 cylinders, Alfa Romeo conquered in 1975 the brands world championship.

Following its old tradition of making sports cars that incorporate all the advances of their race cars, Alfa Romeo projected to build a small serie of 50 coupes, for selected customers.
So was born the 33 "Stradale". This magnificent car used the same chassis as the sport prototype inspired by aeronautical technique and composed of aluminium tubes of 200 mm diameter with an asymmetric H form, in which a rubber gasoline tank took place. The chassis was extended of 100 mm to improve habitability and in its central part was strengthened.
The engine is a V8 with 4 camshafts, of 1995 cc (230 HP at 8800 rpm, 115 hp per litre) coupled with a six speed gearbox. Its weight is of 700 kg for a top speed of 260 KP/H.
The body was designed by Franco Scaglione, but due to difficulties in its execution, only 18 cars were produced by Autodelta from November of 1967 to March of 1969.They were all painted in the classic rosso Alfa, except for Count Corrado Augusta’s one, which was painted in dark marine blue.

Some photos :

Low res pics:

HR :

Old 10-28-2005, 02:04 PM   #2
RAMMIUS
Regular User

This is one of my favourite ALFA`s , and one of the best cars ever made by the milanese producer

Absolutely gorgeous
Old 10-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #3
gucom
Regular User

this has to be one of the absolute most beautiful cars ever made...too damn sexy
Old 10-28-2005, 03:18 PM   #4
taygunho
Regular User

I didn't know that Alfa can make dream cars. It looks perfect and it's specs are great 115hp per liter is amazing for 38 years old car. I am really
Old 10-28-2005, 05:07 PM   #5
findleybeast
Regular User

sexy classic is an understatement
I love this car, its so gorgeous and unique. Great pics

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:14 PM   #6
D_Type
Regular User

Old 10-29-2005, 04:07 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

only thumbnails when posting imageshack hosted pics
Old 10-29-2005, 11:35 AM   #8
D_Type
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
only thumbnails when posting imageshack hosted pics
OK- The first one was a little big - Mes plus plates excuses...-
Old 10-29-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

No prob, it just one of the few rules we have around here (see the rules topic), but imageshack is pretty keen in blocking websites no using thumbs!
Old 11-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #10
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

Simply my fav. car.. Not only as far as Alfa's are concerned but in general... The only thing that Id like to add is that the car was designed purely and solely by Alfa Romeo Centro Stile... No Pininfarina, no Giugiaro, no Bertone, no Zagato, no nothing...

"except for Count Corrado Augusta’s one, which was painted in dark marine blue."... Had no idea.. I would really like to see this color variation..
Old 11-02-2005, 08:52 PM   #11
D_Type
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mr.Vercetti
The only thing that Id like to add is that the car was designed purely and solely by Alfa Romeo Centro Stile... No Pininfarina, no Giugiaro, no Bertone, no Zagato, no nothing...

I find it's a little bit easy to say such things - Every Alfa historians and experts agrees that the 33 Stradale's original design is from Franco Scaglione himself, and was performed by Autodelta, with an aluminium body from Carrozeria Marazzi of Caronno Pertusella, near Milano. I can add that Scaglione himself supervised the building steps of the 33's at Autodelta.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #12
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

^^^^^

Your correct but at that times Autodelta was like an integral part of Alfa Romeo... Thats why I said that the design didnt come from any 3rd party designers(like Bertone, Pininfarina, etc).
Old 11-03-2005, 03:45 AM   #13
yg60m
Regular User

Sooo lovely One of the most beautifull car on earth !! Viva Italia
Old 11-03-2005, 03:09 PM   #14
crayzayjay
Regular User

Default Re: Alfa-Romeo 33/2 Stradale, 1967-69

Originally Posted by D_Type
Top 10 most beautiful cars of all time..... Stunning

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:59 PM   #15
stradale
Regular User

*points at sig* Need I say more?