Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 09-05-2004, 10:27 AM   #1
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Default dif. between the Renault 5 GT Turbo and Ibiza 1.8T

Once about 4 years ago the Seat Ibiza 1.8T was my desirable car to buy as a new car.......and it is a desirable car for a hot hatch fan also...for instance it was the only hot-hatch turbo engine during the end of ninetees, a 150bhp from a big and good engine(the 20V 1.8)...but i had to buy the Audi 1.9 TDI (110 cv) as a chance because i had to travel 70kms a day from home to work and viceversa......and once i think that the ibiza is the most approaching car to replace the R5 GT Turbo....furthermore, once dani has had the chance (and luck) to own them and meet them broadly, it will be grateful if dani presents us some difference between the both turbo hot hatches in terms on sensation, performances, reliability, confort....whatever....i think that his comments will be interesting indeed for any hot-hatch enthusiast as long as dani doesnt mind explaining them

For instance ive heard that the Ibiza doesnt give the exciting sensations that the R5 Gt Turbo does(ive driven a GT Turbo by myself and its sensations are uniques) although the Ibiza is as faster as the renault (ive heard that the 1.8T is too progresive, and that it resembles more an aspirated engine rather than a turbo one).......if so... id like to know if the Ibizas engines sensation have got some resemblance of some brilliant engined hot hatch such as the pug 205 GTI 1.9, or the Opel Astra GSI 16V...thanks a lot...greetings
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 12:53 PM   #2
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

thanks a million dani for your contribution...only two technical corrections....firstly the renault 5 has a 1400 engine once the exact size of the engine is 1397cc....secondly...to be more exact.....the renault 5 weights 875kgs....

finally dani....once the seat engine seems an aspirated one..is possible to compare the VW 1.8T engine with some crispy engines such as the opel 2.0 16V engine from the Astra/Kadett GSI 16V, or the 1900 engine from the 205 GTI 1.9?...greetings
Old 09-05-2004, 02:39 PM   #3
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

I mentioned the 205 GTI and the Astra GSI 16 because they are alongside the GT Turbo, the golf 3 series GTI 8v, and the clio 16v the hot hatches that ive driven, and as a result, the opels and the pugs engines were which i liked most....