Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 12-14-2004, 07:44 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default evo #75 - Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG

Old 12-15-2004, 12:15 AM   #2
Vansquish
Regular User

WTF m8? Mercedes has really hit rock bottom with this...ugly, heavy, poor performance (except in a straight line) and above all, an attempt to make a performance vehicle out of what is really a rudimentary mud-plugger.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:33 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

Well, I remember the big issues for the previous Viper, but since now both SLR and G55 are legal in Europe, I guess either they found a solution, either the laws changed... I saw a G55 in Geneva the other day (same day of the Gemballa GTR, but not quick enough to take a pic ;... soI better STFU )
Old 12-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #4
bmwmpower
Regular User

thanks, nice llike always, i not fan of this monsters, so slow in corners, but they have mine respect
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 03:59 PM   #5
robruf
Regular User

Great car for getting groceries in and to play gold but that is about it. I would rather get a Cayenne Turbo, although my neighbour loves his ML55 AMG and says that he will never part with it
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 08:28 PM   #6
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Well, I remember the big issues for the previous Viper, but since now both SLR and G55 are legal in Europe, I guess either they found a solution, either the laws changed... I saw a G55 in Geneva the other day (same day of the Gemballa GTR, but not quick enough to take a pic ;... soI better STFU )
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SRT-10's that are being imported are all converted to a quad rear-exit exhaust system even though they still have the black outlets in the door sills. I'm not sure about the legaility of side-exhausts at this point in Europe, but if I had to guess I'd say that manufacturers probably have to get special dispensation to produce and sell cars with it.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 08:55 PM   #7
sikx5
Regular User

Thanks for article TT, i really like this car....its big, mean, powerful and would be best off-road . The guy has a point about SUV's being useless, but that woman must be crazy to be intimidated buy a caynne, dumbass.........
Old 12-16-2004, 04:27 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Originally Posted by TT
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SRT-10's that are being imported are all converted to a quad rear-exit exhaust system even though they still have the black outlets in the door sills. I'm not sure about the legaility of side-exhausts at this point in Europe, but if I had to guess I'd say that manufacturers probably have to get special dispensation to produce and sell cars with it.
Actually the only one I saw had a dual rear exhaust, but yes, they had to be converted.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:32 AM   #9
T-Bird
Regular User

Well I noticed for some reason normal trucks have all their exhaust exit out the side behind the rear wheel in the US atleast but lots of specialty trucks have it straight out the back or out the side which from what I understand is legal in the US. I want to do it to my car.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:59 AM   #10
TransAm
Regular User

Thanks for posting this, TT, it was a great read. I've always liked the G Wagen, I'd take one over the ML any day.

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 12:09 PM   #11
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
I'd like to quote myself and reply to my "pics or STFU" I saw the G55 again today and took pics LOL talk about coincidence
Old 12-16-2004, 01:30 PM   #12
ikon2003
Regular User

Nice read - thanks for scanning. I don't think I'd ever buy one though.

And I can't remember if i read this correctly, or if I'm just making it up, but I think I remember reading a blurb that Mercedes is going to put the 6.5 L AMG engine in the G-wagon, and output will be just over 600bhp with the standard regulated 1000NM torque. Cost: Over 200,000USD.

Anyone else hear that?
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 04:59 PM   #13
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Originally Posted by TT
I'd like to quote myself and reply to my "pics or STFU" I saw the G55 again today and took pics LOL talk about coincidence
I do believe you are talking to yourself TT,

First sign of madness

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:56 PM   #14
ikon2003
Regular User

Weird coincidence - read this article this morning. Just came back from the mall, and low and behold, cruising through the parking lot was a brand new Mercedes Benz G55 AMG. crazy world...
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 05:04 AM   #15
findleybeast
Regular User

Originally Posted by ikon2003
Weird coincidence - read this article this morning. Just came back from the mall, and low and behold, cruising through the parking lot was a brand new Mercedes Benz G55 AMG. crazy world...
Damn what mall was that? Reston? I need to start taking some "xmas shopping" trips out there soon...

Start taking your digital dammit. You catch Maybachs but you don't get this?

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote