Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 06-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #46
graywolf624
Regular User

Well then my perception of marketing is tottaly different, as I said a post or some above yours.
And as we said, part of marketing is appealing to your very perception of marketing.

Read a marketing introductory book sometime, itd suprise you how much it permiates every little action of a company.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:09 AM   #47
godspeed06
Regular User

graywolf understood what i was saying, and i never said chevy didnt market. all i stated was that as far as the ferrari dream is concerned these days i feel its the marketing more than just the actual car that does it. listen i dont have a problem with people loving ferraris. i dont have a problem with people loving chevys. i guess im just a little oversensitive to the way so many people on this forum look down on chevys and bow down to ferraris even though they have no experience in either one just bc thats "the way it should be... ferrari on top, chevy on bottom." what im trying to say is that the whole paradigm of "ferrari on top, chevy on bottom" is a fabrication. this may have been true decades ago, but as far as the present is concerned, i find it ridiculous for people who have never driven a ferrari to fight tooth and nail justifying ferraris over every other car in the world. you can love ferraris and dream about them, but dont be so faux elitist (how can you be truly elitist if you dont even own one of the damn things, but that doesnt stop you from acting like you own one, talking about them like you drive one to work every day) saying the ferrari is way better when you really have no place saying so. maybe its because ferraris are such status symbols that i feel this way, i dont know. there might even be a little hypocrisy thrown into this argument as well that gets to me. either way this is getting stupid and its my fault for bringing all this up to begin with. keep loving the ferrari, i hope one day you might even get to drive one of the things. but while youre having your wet dreams at night over the 430 for the next few decades, ill have a Z06 when im in my mid twenties - and ill be as happy as a pig in shit. thats all i got for right now.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:22 AM   #48
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
but while youre having your wet dreams at night over the 430 for the next few decades, ill have a Z06 when im in my mid twenties - and ill be as happy as a pig in shit. thats all i got for right now.
This man is wise beyond his years.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #49
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
but while youre having your wet dreams at night over the 430 for the next few decades, ill have a Z06 when im in my mid twenties - and ill be as happy as a pig in shit. thats all i got for right now.
Who said I wont be driving that same damn Vette whilst having wet dreams about my Ferrari in 30 years?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:56 PM   #50
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by RC45
Who said I wont be driving that same damn Vette whilst having wet dreams about my Ferrari in 30 years?
Nobody - what do you think I do about the F40... ?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #51
inso
Regular User

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050614.001
sumthin worth reading about C6 z06
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 06:08 PM   #52
godspeed06
Regular User

65000 base price is incredible... what a deal. in a few years im sure youll be able to buy this used supercar for around 35k... how insane is that?
Old 06-15-2005, 06:51 AM   #53
inso
Regular User

also it could be collectable icon, and prices go up.
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:29 AM   #54
godspeed06
Regular User

i doubt that would happen in the near future. possibly 40-50 years down the road it will, but right now it will be like every other vette and viper - it will drop down sustantially.
Old 06-15-2005, 11:28 AM   #55
ViperASR
Regular User

^^^^^
Yea but look at all the other corvettes, they are selling like crazy at auctions. I think that these cars will only gain in value over the years.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:07 PM   #56
godspeed06
Regular User

which ones? the c5s - no, c4s - no, c3s - no ... so there you have it, only the ones that are decades old are selling for premiums. the vette will decrease in price for many years, then when enough of them are gone for good and they are thoroughly old, people will begin collecting them and the market price will increase.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:21 PM   #57
graywolf624
Regular User

vette and viper - it will drop down sustantially.
As do the majority of ferraris...
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 09:54 PM   #58
godspeed06
Regular User

naturally...