Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-15-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Reporting from Maranello!

Yes, the big day has come. My first visit ever to the Mecca of Supercars, to the burned rubber heaven, to the motor mayhem Valahalla...

The Ferrari 60th Anniversary celebrations will end next WE, but I wanted to do this trip without running as I usually do, so I booked i nights in a cool hotel near Modena, equipped with state of the art wifi, personal computers in every room in case you don't want to bother with your laptop, plasma TV and so on this way I'll stay in touch with no stress at all.

And having so many days to play with, I can take care of Lambo and Pagani aswell. While I already have rende-vous to viist Pagani on Monday, lambo seems overbooked lately, so I'll just try to pop up one morning.

And I'll visit also the famous museums there, Panini and Righini above all.

As for the street sightings, they are expecting 3'000 Ferraris. Should be good sadly this mean it won't be possible to spot Maserat, Pagani, Lamborghini or obviously Ferrari prototypes roaming around... too many ppl probably.

What else... I'll try to keep this topic updated with some fresh pics every day, showing the highlights.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

You're still in time to plan a quick trip too
Old 06-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #3
TopGearNL
Regular User

I hope you have a supergood time Matteo and be sure to make a great coverage for us!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

Me SO jealous!!! Have a blasty trip Matteo I think its not even polite to say "take alot of pics" to you

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #5
saadie
Regular User

great .. :\ ....

why do i have to be stuck in the wrong part of the world

congrats TT ... have a great time ..... and hopefully you'll get a great weather .. n o more grey rainy swiss weather ....
take good care ...

bon voyage
Old 06-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
novass
Regular User

Damn, sounds like a fun trip! I will be there in about a month, too bad the Ferrari celebration will be over :x. I look forward to your report.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
Svensson
Regular User

Sounds great! Looking forward to your story and pics... have fun :good:
Old 06-15-2007, 11:25 PM   #8
r2r
Regular User

Have a great time!
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:38 AM   #9
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by saadie
great .. :\ ....

why do i have to be stuck in the wrong part of the world

congrats TT ... have a great time ..... and hopefully you'll get a great weather .. n o more grey rainy swiss weather ....
take good care ...

bon voyage
Hehe, wait a sec. Since July 2003 I live in Ticino, the sunny part of Switzerland, which is totally different than the rest
Old 06-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
TT
Regular User

So, today I woke up early, stuffed my stuff in a trolley and took off. I was at the hotel at noon after a quick and effortless highway blast. Dang, it's just 2:30 hours to get here!
The hotel is a fine one. badly placed on a busy road, but inside it's great. every room has its own PC and flat plasma screen on the wall.. wifi too. Too bad the room's PC is crap and slow, and the wifi tend to die every now and then. I am now in a conference room where the signal is perfect.

During the trip I saw a couple of Audi R8 on the highway. Bloody sexy from behind!
And a cute truck full of new Fiat 500s. they were covered but the "500" writing was allover them. Can't wait to see them hit the road!

Once here, I couldn't resist and left to go on a rampage and find all the factories for future reference and to be sure the Tom Tom was able to find them.
I must admit it isn't easy. in Italy they tend to build and remove road bits quite often. so it's not unusual to see the GPS pretending you are in the middle of a field, and many roundabouts are totally unknown by him, even if I have my maps up to date.
This means every now and then you get close to the goal but get stuck behind it or something like that not that painful. funny actually.

Ferrari is a mere 8 km from the hotel, so is Fiorano racetrack obviously. Lambo and Pagani are all in a 20 km range. Of course they were quite dead today, but at least now I have an idea where to look next week. it's a weird feeling: I never came here, but thank to all the pics and vids I saw, it's like I know the area already.

I also invested some time to visit the Galleria Ferrari, close to the factory. Expensive at 12 € the ticket, but a must see if you're here I guess.
Quite impressive to see how every single bar or restaurant in Maranello is Ferrari themed :roll:

Just a couple of quickly edited pics from Maranello. I'm getting hungry now!

Old 06-17-2007, 06:08 AM   #11
stmoritzer
Regular User

Wow, THE week has started
Have fun aand enjoy the Mekka of supercars

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:34 AM   #12
ARMAN
Regular User

man thanx Matto for "live" coverage!

I wish the day come when you mount some tiny web camera on your glasses/hat and we could watch it on our screens as you will walk around there

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 AM   #13
TopGearNL
Regular User

Nice to see the report already started! Seems like its perfect weather over there!

Can't wait for more pics to come, love the ones up till now! :good:
Old 06-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #14
TT
Regular User

Ok, today was a slow day. In typical italian style, Sundays during summer time are unbelievably peacefull and calm. Nobody around town, deserted roads, very hot sun, so it was just about relaxing and visiting the area.

I finally met our new friend Smartdriver, that since a while is a regular poster in the "what you saw today" section.
I started chatting to him via email time ago and it's nice to finally get around to meet him. He and his brother (hello guys :hello: ) took me around for a quick visit of the beautiful town of Modena as well as a quick trip to Vignola to buy some gorgeous cherries

Not a single car pic was shoot actually, but it was such a pleasant day. Now back at the hotel to relax, watch some movie and prepare an update for the website with all the pics from the Galleria.

Tomorrow morning, 10 am, Pagani factory visit
Old 06-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #15
TopGearNL
Regular User

Sounds like you can have a great day out over there even without the cars! Can't wait for the pics, and have a good time visiting the Pagani factory! :good: