Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 12-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
pagani
Regular User

Thumbs up C6 z06 vette whit 800 rwhp

This could be the perfect all round setup street road course and dragstrip all whit one engine.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...f600dbe477.htm
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

Impressive beast !! I wonder what it is on the road
Old 12-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #3
Minacious
Regular User

That's all well and good, but now I need to see how it puts that power to the ground. Building a Dyno Queen is the relatively easy part. It becomes an entirely different challenge making all of that power work outside of the garage setting.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
pagani
Regular User

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
That's all well and good, but now I need to see how it puts that power to the ground. Building a Dyno Queen is the relatively easy part. It becomes an entirely different challenge making all of that power work outside of the garage setting.
Dyno is only for tuning.
I agree whit you.
Making the 800 whp real world hp is the challange.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Those types of cars are literally a dime a dozen out here - just yesterday 2 super charged C6 Z06s where at MTI - this is nothing special - honestly - great to see and hear, but so unbelievably easy to achieve.

The supercharged V8 is wellperfected, these are almost to the point o fbeing "easy bolt together" systems when tackled by knowledgable shops.

The problem as Minacious points out is - "Where do you want to be able to use the power?"

All these supercharged/turbo charged street cars suffer from dreaded heat-soak on a road course, and that results in pulled timing which ends up with less power to the ground.

This car will make an awesome street car, and woul dbe ok for 3 or 4 laps at a time on a road course before needingto be parked to cool off (same is true fo rall the high HP super/turbo cars).

Now an 800rwhp NA setup would be neat
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
5vz-fe
Regular User

Why super charge it when you can go NA

Very leanlier power curve btw.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #7
pagani
Regular User

Wink

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Those types of cars are literally a dime a dozen out here - just yesterday 2 super charged C6 Z06s where at MTI - this is nothing special - honestly - great to see and hear, but so unbelievably easy to achieve.

The supercharged V8 is wellperfected, these are almost to the point o fbeing "easy bolt together" systems when tackled by knowledgable shops.

The problem as Minacious points out is - "Where do you want to be able to use the power?"

All these supercharged/turbo charged street cars suffer from dreaded heat-soak on a road course, and that results in pulled timing which ends up with less power to the ground.

This car will make an awesome street car, and woul dbe ok for 3 or 4 laps at a time on a road course before needingto be parked to cool off (same is true fo rall the high HP super/turbo cars).

Now an 800rwhp NA setup would be neat
And most turbo cars that run on road course run lower boost and have proper cooling outerwise things will meld very soon
A 800 whp na setup is something for you.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
And most turbo cars that run on road course run lower boost and have proper cooling outerwise things will meld very soon
A 800 whp na setup is something for you.
But as soon as you run "low boost" you are back in NA territory and all the supposed advantage of rnning boost in the forts place is lost.

Now remember, just because you run lower boost does not mean you get rid if all heat soak issues - it just means you can run a little harder for the few laps you do run.

I did a lot of soul searching before I settled on a NA setup- and in the end, I prefered to pay more for an NA setup that makes less power than a cheaper blower setup.

Street running is one thing, but road race course stuff is much tougher on equipment.

I would love to have a 1000 street car, but I know it won't be "all that" on a road course after 5 minutes of thrashing - he'll even the almighty Veyron has to come in to cool down after few laps

(Message posted via iPhone)
Old 12-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #9
pagani
Regular User

Wink

Proper cooling can fix allot of problem's on forced induction car.
But you have to run lower boost.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Proper cooling can fix allot of problem's on forced induction car.
But you have to run lower boost.
I am not trying to be an asshole here - but dont you think the actual companys/racers and people with FI cars don't know this and have tried various approaches? - but the bottom line is you cannot get rid of all the excess heat that affects a streetable pumpgas car. Even the Veyron with its 49 intercoolers and 86 radiators reduces power, pulls timing and slows waaaaaaaay down when it gets hot.

The very point of "running lower bost" defeats the purpose of having a super/turbo charged car to begin with.

To put things into perspective, in 2002 Lingenfelter had a 660bhp Twin Turbo C5 Z06... peple bought them, people loved them - LPE built them - but in a road race situation heat is an issue.

Fast forward 5 years to 2007. A number of people have 660bhp NA C5 and C6 Z06's - without heatsoak issues.

Guess which cars are prefered to be used on road race courses?

You see, it doesnt really matter how little boost you runn (for a turbo) or how big of a pulley you put on the supercharger, compressed air heats up - this heat soaks the engine, the heat soaked engine sufferes from pre-ignition with regular fuels and wold self destruct if the cmpoter never senses the knocking and pulled timing - resulting in the car being hot and slow

Didn't you ever figure out why Best Motoring only ever run 3 laps for the their tests? It's because none of those modded turbo cars can run more than 5 laps before they get hot and slow down
Old 12-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #11
pagani
Regular User

Wink

I am not trying to be an asshole here - but dont you think the actual companys/racers and people with FI cars don't know this and have tried various approaches? - but the bottom line is you cannot get rid of all the excess heat that affects a streetable pumpgas car. Even the Veyron with its 49 intercoolers and 86 radiators reduces power, pulls timing and slows waaaaaaaay down when it gets hot.

The very point of "running lower bost" defeats the purpose of having a super/turbo charged car to begin with.

To put things into perspective, in 2002 Lingenfelter had a 660bhp Twin Turbo C5 Z06... peple bought them, people loved them - LPE built them - but in a road race situation heat is an issue.

Fast forward 5 years to 2007. A number of people have 660bhp NA C5 and C6 Z06's - without heatsoak issues.

Guess which cars are prefered to be used on road race courses?

You see, it doesnt really matter how little boost you runn (for a turbo) or how big of a pulley you put on the supercharger, compressed air heats up - this heat soaks the engine, the heat soaked engine sufferes from pre-ignition with regular fuels and wold self destruct if the cmpoter never senses the knocking and pulled timing - resulting in the car being hot and slow

Didn't you ever figure out why Best Motoring only ever run 3 laps for the their tests? It's because none of those modded turbo cars can run more than 5 laps before they get hot and slow down
Ok you are right.
But in those 5 laps the turbo cars will smoke as shown most of times in best motoring.
And that best motoring run allways a small numer of laps something i did notice before.
Speaking of best motoring you schould enter your car the american touge event i love see if your corvette can hold it's against the forced inducted competion.

Last edited by pagani; 12-09-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Ok you are right.
Not me thats right - just the laws of physics

But in those 5 laps the turbo cars will smoke as shown most of times in best motoring.
But on lap 6 the NA car heads off inot the distance

Speaking of best motoring you schould enter your car the american touge event i love see if your corvette can hold it's against the forced inducted competion.
That would be fun - but pretty costly, as they will beat on the car mercilessly (as you see they do with every car they get their hands on) and leave it for dead hehe
Old 12-09-2007, 04:46 PM   #13
pagani
Regular User

Cool

Not me thats right - just the laws of physics

But on lap 6 the NA car heads off inot the distance

That would be fun - but pretty costly, as they will beat on the car mercilessly (as you see they do with every car they get their hands on) and leave it for dead hehe
Your car could be perfect for the touge just think what the noobs will think when you win in and your car becomes the touge monster and your car is american not japanese.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #14
nthfinity
Regular User

The main thing is turbo lag on a road course. Race cars have anti lag systems, but a street car doesn't. even on low boost with awesome heat dispersion.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:12 AM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Na, I haven't seent he guys staying on track long enough for the lag to make a difference