Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 12-26-2003, 09:58 PM   #16
hemi_fan
Regular User

^^ Now try putting that in a Miata!! lmao... when Im older and have all the spare time on my hands im gunna do that And not a drag miata either... a street miata muahahaha. I wish, but we'll see lol.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 04:42 AM   #17
S.A
Regular User

Öh...and who said that V8 doesn't take revs.....
Nice really...awesome engine...I wonder what it sounds....
S.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 04:55 AM   #18
yg60m
Regular User

Yes nice engine and i suppose they limited the red line to prevent a drift of the costs like in F1 but one can regret it as it can't be the top of what exist.
However i understand the philosophy that the show prevails on technology (i don't say the V8 is not high tech but the developpement is limited) but i prefer the F1.
Sorry.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #19
sunshdw
Regular User

Well I guess I would say that either way works for me. I love the sounds of a v-8 running at 8-9000 rpm in the ferraris but also enjoy a 427 side oiler with side pipes. Both will make people cover there ears. :roll:
Old 01-17-2004, 02:40 PM   #20
Fluxlo
Regular User

It's not that American's can't build high revving engines. It's just that Europeans and Japanese companies can build better ones.
Fluxlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 03:57 AM   #21
brijoel
Regular User

im sorry fluxlo, but this is a motor that does an AMAZING job in terms of reving high....you forget, its an indy motor, all it does is sit in the revs...its silly to think that american companies couldnt do it if they wanted, which apparently they have done really well.....
btw, im more of an import guy, funny how that works eh?

1994 Gen II engine, 1996 close ratio tranny, CT20b turbo, ARC Intake, 1996 gen 3 ecu, HKS Super Sequential Blowoff Valve, HKS 43mm Boost Gauge, Greddy Dual PE Exhaust,Greddy Turbo Timer, Greddy Profec B boost controller(12 psi normal, 17 psi high~fuel cut is 18~) , Greddy Intercooler, Manjit IC Fan Shroud, Spal 7.5" Puller Fan, Ceramic Coated Turbo Heat Shield and Intercooler Piping, Bilstein Struts, Eibach Sportline Springs, Suspension Technique Sway Bars, GAB Strut Tower Bar, KAAZ LSD, Supra TT Fuel Pump and 540cc gen 3 injectors, 16" GAB Sport wheels, Yokohama AVS ES100 205/45/16 & 225/45/16, Powerslot rotors and EBC red stuff pads in front, and stock rear.

~phew~
brijoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 05:31 PM   #22
danroz
Regular User

Ummm I dont wanna burst your bubble but technically thats a Cosworth built engine...Chevy just put their valve covers on it
Old 01-25-2004, 02:51 AM   #23
kian

naah ....american's car are built for duraibility .....unlike jap which had to be rebuilt every 3 yrs .....

if u check the japanese regulations for older cars ...u will know why japanese cars are not make to last .....

btw how many 80's jap cars are still road worthy ?? its because the engines are made to work overtime all the time , while american cars like the mustang .....were meant to last ...and if u bring your stock mustang to a tuner , wonders could be done to it if its stressed out like any jap car ...

BTW the new sentra SUCKSSSS
Old 01-25-2004, 05:27 PM   #24
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fluxlo
It's not that American's can't build high revving engines. It's just that Europeans and Japanese companies can build better ones.
It's not that the Big Three cannot build good high-revving engines- Ford builds a nice 4.6 DOHC 32 valve aluminum block engines that is not only being used in their lineup but in the MG SV, the Koenigsegg and the DeTomaso line of cars, it's that the American consumer loves high torque engines. Always has and always will. Plus we have a deep interest in purchasing full size pickups and SUV's that require the pulling power of a torquey V-8.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote