Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 12-10-2004, 08:19 AM   #31
hemi_fan
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
the Ferrari has teh badge the passion and also the speed the technology while the Vette has leaf springs and plastic bumpers
What do leaf springs and plasitc bumpers have to do with anything!?! If it aint broke... dont fix it.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:45 AM   #32
ingko
Regular User

Is there a race series where theres a covette and modena?? I'd like to see what happens. Anyways, wow, if this stays around the same price as the current Z06, this is a track enthusiasts dream.
ingko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 11:46 AM   #33
PeleProdigyGTO
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by T-Bird
Your right it has the Malibu Maxx steering wheel.
Pity the vette has had the same wheel since before the malibu max even hit the drawing board.

So that's not in fact true.

Originally Posted by T-Bird
And Sentra_dude don't forget the older 385 Z06's either. not just the 405hp ones.
Also dont forget that 500hp is 425 rwhp - and I know of at least 25 such Z06's in Houston alone - the F360 is a piss easy car to dominate performance wise - and the F430 is just as easy.

The car has awesome numbers - pretty much what a current heads/cam Z06 delivers - but the overall look is semi-aggressive but still a little tame.

But make no mistake - it will be kicking ass everywhere.

The C6 Z06 car with a 150 wet-shot for good measure will blow everything off the road - Enzo, Macca F1, CGT etc...
Ya but give any of those cars a 150 wet-shot and the Z06 won't win. Granted, the Z06 is about 1/13th the price of the Enzo.
PeleProdigyGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:08 PM   #34
gobs3z
Regular User

Well this wins my vote hands down for best performance/money. I think only kit cars have a chance.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:47 PM   #35
bmagni
Regular User

wow ! for what i can see its the first vette ever to have nice interiors...

and yet again the argue against its ferrari "similar", performance will be very similar, yet for what ive heard and read of the f430 i guess it is a better car. not for much maybe, but it will be
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 04:03 PM   #36
tigerx
Regular User

Is there a race series where theres a covette and modena?? I'd like to see what happens. Anyways, wow, if this stays around the same price as the current Z06, this is a track enthusiasts dream.
ever heard of c5-r which totally own lemans, except for one year lol where the 550 won.?
Old 12-10-2004, 06:55 PM   #37
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by tigerx
ever heard of c5-r which totally own lemans, except for one year lol where the 550 won.?
Yea, but the 360's run in a different class.

Just nitpicking, but the class sticker on the C6R in the pic is wrong.
GTS is now GT1
GT is now GT2
Old 12-10-2004, 08:00 PM   #38
Refefer
Regular User

damn......:shock:

talk about direct competition with the viper
Refefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 02:56 PM   #39
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Default Re: 2005 Z06 Official Pics

Originally Posted by DanielW

Top Speed 200 MPH

2,900 #'s

5.7 #'s/HP

Chassis & Suspension development by Pratt & Miller,
Aluminum Hydroformed frame produced by DANA
- 345/30x19 Rears
- 6 piston Front, 4 piston Rear Brake Calipers
- Cross Drilled (cast and camfered) Rotors (possibly Brembo)

Engine Development by KaTech
To be hand built by new HP Engine Plant

LS7 427ci/ 7.0L. 500HP/500 Ft Lbs (512 HP derated to 500HP)
- 2 OHV (3 OHV not necessary for target HP)
- Raced based CNC ported Aluminum Head with 70cc chambers
- 11.0:1 CR
- 46 mm (1.81") Titanium Intake valve
- 41 mm (1.61") Na filled Exhaust Valve
- 104.8 mm Bore (4.125") , 101.6 mm Stroke (4.0") Aluminum block
- Forgrd Crank
- Forged 6 bolt main Bearing Caps
- Titanium Rods
- Cast Aluminum Flat Top Pistons
- 0.591" Lift Cam (15 mm)
- Dry Sump
- 90 mm Throttle Body on Composite manifold
- Ram Air
Sounds like a damn good engine ther!
Old 12-11-2004, 03:19 PM   #40
noliebro
Regular User

what a great car, if only chevy would put this much effort into all of its cars

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 04:19 PM   #41
coombsie66
Regular User

Credit where credits due, that engine by the details looks highly impressive, but 500 bhp from 7 litres? Come on boys you can do better than that

Seriously though, i quite like the car, i personally cant see them selling in europe, the fuel consumption alone must put pay to that!
But, nice car, are the GT1's gunna be at LEMANS next year? Looks like those 575's are gunna be even more fucked next year!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:07 AM   #42
DanielW
Regular User

why wouldn't it sell well because of fuel consumption. People shopping for a performance car are well aware of the expenses that come with a 500hp+ car, such as gas, insurance,etc. Besides it will most likely get better mileage than any of the cars that it's competing with. Again, american engineers don't really bother woth peaky engines. Their philosophy is simple. Make it fast, as cheap as possible, and not complicated. Of course they could get 500hp out of a 5L or even a 4L if they tried, but then you have a peaky engine, with complicated parts prone to failure, and not a lot of usable power "under the curve". I'd much rather have a 7L engine with 500hp, than a 6L engine with 550hp. Again if they offer it in europe I predict the Z06 will sell extrtemely well. Even after all the taxes and duties that you will pay you will get a hell of a car compared to the italian and german counterparts which will still cost a lot more. And unlike the US, there won't be a vette around every corner so you still get a pretty rare car for your money and not something that you see everyday.

ok i'm done.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/wytrzyszc
DanielW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:16 AM   #43
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Originally Posted by hemi_fan
Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
the Ferrari has teh badge the passion and also the speed the technology while the Vette has leaf springs and plastic bumpers
What do leaf springs and plasitc bumpers have to do with anything!?! If it aint broke... dont fix it.
How can you say that? If everybody had that attitude there would be no progression nor development because it's simply "working fine" today.

As for the 'Vette, it does seem like a modern classic American muscle car with the big lazy V8 and ridiculously cheap price, but, 1) Won't tyres that wide hamper rather than aid the handling of car (not to mention the suspension) and 2) I appreciate that they did not want to "strain" the engine, but surely 71 bhp/litre is just woefully inefficent compared with the F430 (112 bhp/litre)
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:39 PM   #44
DanielW
Regular User

I don't see how wide tires would hamper performance in any way, well maybe if they're too wide but the tires on the z06 will be 335s in the rear at most and are 275s in the front, I believe. Again American engineers don't think of efficiency in terms of hp/L but in terms of hp/dollar. You could probably buy a new Z06 for the same price that you coud buy the F430's engine.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/wytrzyszc
DanielW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:32 PM   #45
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

How can you say that? If everybody had that attitude there would be no progression nor development because it's simply "working fine" today.

As for the 'Vette, it does seem like a modern classic American muscle car with the big lazy V8 and ridiculously cheap price, but, 1) Won't tyres that wide hamper rather than aid the handling of car (not to mention the suspension) and 2) I appreciate that they did not want to "strain" the engine, but surely 71 bhp/litre is just woefully inefficent compared with the F430 (112 bhp/litre)
i think DanielW summed it up pretty well talking about low end power and all. i mean great 112hp/liter but are you saying that a car has to have an "efficient" engine to be considered good? the bottom line is which car goes faster not how good ro bad the engine specs are.

and the "low technology" isnt simply "working fine" its keeping pace with the benchmark of the class. in regards not only to straight line acceleration but also handling.

i do understand however that these 2 cars despite being in the same class are worlds apart. i mean i would be shocked to see ferrari have a 7 liter v8 with 500 ft-lbs of torque in their cars and it would pretty much go against their whole heratage. but i dont like when cars like the z06 get downplayed because they are "inefficient."