Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 02-11-2004, 03:20 AM   #1
4RCD3S4
Regular User

Default New Member, New Ride :) 1993 Audi S4

Hey everyone, new to the board so here's my ride:

She's still sexy after 11 years of winters in the midwestern US and over 140k miles. The car was dead stock until I bought it a year ago with 110k on the clock. here are the mods:

Autosport Werks Stage 1+ software with VMAP
TurboXS Bypass Valve
H&R 29921 (V8Q) Springs
Bilstein Sport dampers
Clear Corners
17x8" BBS RK wheels
255/40 17" Yokohama AVS dB tires
Stebro midpipe-back exhaust
2Bennett silicone crossover to intercooler hose
20% Window Tint

And a kickin' Sound system:
*Alpine 60x4 Head Unit
*Alpine CD changer with MP3
*Infinity Kappa speakers
*JL Audio 12" Subwoofer
*Kenwood subwoofer amp

Enjoy

Edit: Fixed the pictures
Old 02-11-2004, 03:52 AM   #2
PATo355
Regular User

Nice nice car , it looks bigger than the current A4 , but is a sweet ride m congrats

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 04:54 AM   #3
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
It is bigger than the A4 the A4 came from the Audi 80(model B4),

This is based on the Audi 100 the one that the A6 is the product of.

Thx for the acclaration , i thought that being S4 it was like the smaller Audi sedan , now i know its based on an A6

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 05:52 AM   #4
novass
Regular User

Nice ride! Nice pic in front of the train too.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:18 AM   #5
4RCD3S4
Regular User

Originally Posted by novass
Nice ride! Nice pic in front of the train too.
That pic is in front of the Hiawatha locomotive they had parked in front of the new Milwaukee Art Museum.

As far as engine mods go, that chip is good for 270-280 crank hp. I'm currently saving some money so I can do a K26/K27 hybrid turbo upgrade and a few other goodies. Right now the thing rips, and with the suspension I have on there it handles way better than a car this big ever should. Its a blast to drive

And the motor code is AAN
Old 02-11-2004, 06:17 PM   #6
4RCD3S4
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by 4RCD3S4
As far as engine mods go, that chip is good for 270-280 crank hp. I'm currently saving some money so I can do a K26/K27 hybrid turbo upgrade and a few other goodies. Right now the thing rips, and with the suspension I have on there it handles way better than a car this big ever should. Its a blast to drive

And the motor code is AAN
I realized that the engine code on the 93 S4 was AAN I mixed it up with the S2 wich is ABY, what you want is the ADU engine..........

j/k

But seriously have you dynoed the car cuz I dont belive you will get 270-280 from a chip, seen it before it doesnt hold up.

On the turbo are you sure you want to go with a kkk k26/27 it will give you the pleasure of turbo lag.
And you need to get a new a map sensor, and increase the fuel pressure too if you want to go much further.
When you are passing 300 hp with the S4 you should consider the exhaust cam along with a new manifoild from either the RS2, or sport quattro if you want to go real far.
The problem is that it gets very hot,but nothing a few small mods wouldnt change tho.

Off course its handling is better than anything that big should be, its a Audi quattro dammit......
I'm still undecided on turbo. The car's chip already has the VMAP 3.0 bar map sensor, thats why the chip is so agressive. I'm taking it step by step though. Wanna sell me your turbo and EM?
Old 02-12-2004, 03:33 AM   #7
StanAE86
Regular User

Very nice. My friend has a green one. I was looking at one of these older style S4s for a while because of their potential and the fact that they're a sleeper car too. I've been trying to get my friend to swap out his OEM wheels because the design makes them look so small, but since the Porsche 993 brakes fit underneath, he says he won't bother to change them. He's definately not worried about looks. =)
Old 02-12-2004, 04:27 AM   #8
StanAE86
Regular User

Yeah, I'm not too knowledgeable on the Audis, but the US S4 didn't get the Porsche brakes either. My friend apparently got a great deal on the big brake conversion complete with brackets, calipers, rotors and pads for only like $550 used, from some guy that wanted to upgrad to Porsche 6 piston brakes off the Cayanne.