Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 07-29-2006, 12:15 AM   #16
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by acmarttin
Thanks everyone,

I will try to do a little photoshoot of the car by the Rockies (the mountain range) tomorrow after the car gets out of its 2nd home, the shop. It's a true Audi! Always broken :cry:

The only pic I have is the one in my avatar, enlarged here:

It's my only one because this is a new comp. and the old pictures are definitely deleted from my camera.

I also plan to do some Vegas shots after I move on the 7th.
Looks good 8), a photoshoot in the Rockies sounds like an excellent idea.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 03:14 AM   #17
acmarttin
Regular User

What's up guys. I'm just checking in after a few hard days of packing! (I'm moving to Las Vegas soon.) Tomorrow I am going to take those photos I promised you. My car is a VERY TRUE Audi, and took the weekend and 2 extra days to make it out of the shop. If you're wondering what was wrong - it was only the window regulator, but the window was stuck down! So I had to wait until my mechanic could get the part in and install it.

dani_d_mas: Yes I have the 225hp model with the 6 speed gearbox. And I actually list my mods in my first post. It's not very much, I'll warn you.

everso: What's up man! That photo of your car is incredible. But you're poisoning my thread with audiworld.com mod-crazy insanity. Yeah I think this car looks great lowered a bit. But since I'm moving to a new city and starting a new job I think my wallet looks a lot better with money in it for now until I get things settled. I'm sure you know what I mean because if I'm not mistaken you just moved to NYC recently, right?

Alright - I'll be back.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:09 AM   #18
CroWn
Regular User

Nice car man , congrats! :smilecolors:
CroWn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:44 AM   #19
TT
Regular User

Can I go a bit OT here?

No big drama, but I am trying to find a good TT to buy these days despite the lack of spare time.
I don't want it silver, grey or black; possibly yellow, and this mean there are really few options around. I just found one that was put up for sale a couple of days ago, yellow, 225 quattro, manual of course... it's going for a pretty good price (13'400 USD) but it has already 120'000 km that equates to 75'000 miles and it's a 2001 model..

How many miles on your car? (asked the same question via PM to everso, but since this topic is pretty new, I just bumped it up in your case )

Is 120'000 km too much? Major works to be done at that stage? Wise choice or should I wait to find something in the 80'000 km range?

Also, I was originally looking for a 180 hp one, but definitely when a yellow pops up you need to throw yourself at it before it's too late...
Old 08-20-2006, 04:45 AM   #20
TT
Regular User

I'll try to have a testdrive this week, but timing will be limited since I left the office a bit too late in the afternoon.. sadly it's impossible anyway to know if it was pushed hard in those 120k km or not :bah:

Anyway dude, nice to see you are still fit and don't miss such posts LOL
Old 08-20-2006, 05:42 AM   #21
LotusGT1
Regular User

120k kms is not much for a car these days.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:49 AM   #22
TT
Regular User

I know, I know, but selling my car which has 115'000 to buy one which has slightly more, sounds weird
Old 08-20-2006, 08:06 AM   #23
Shinigami
Regular User

Just my two cents... The 180hp Coupé I drove, was really sluggish in feel. The 225hp coupé felt definitely more agressive, and Quattro felt great on it. I'd definitely go with the 225...
Old 08-20-2006, 08:33 AM   #24
TT
Regular User

Well, I only drove a 180 hp roadster and while really not stiff enough, it had well enough punch to feel twice as quick as my poor 320
Old 08-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #25
Shinigami
Regular User

Was the 180 a fwd? I know the one I tried, was. It was also a convertible, and thus weighed a great deal more then a coupé (could be why it felt so sluggish).

Quattro adds less weight to a TT then a softtop... The 3.2 is great fun, but it's one heavy sonova b1tch once you take a convertible as it has quattro and all that extra metal to keep it stiff (which it is). I think it's like 200-250kilos heavier then my SLK, and it kinda felt like it.

But I was really pleasantly surprised by the 225 coupé =) It had considerable punch when the turbo went to work, and I really like the look of the coupé over the convertible anyway. A pretty slick gearbbox as well, quite good for shifting as it fits each gate quite snappily.

You've been really looking at a very large number of cars then, I remember you talking about several car marques now

I hope you find your perfect match
Old 08-20-2006, 04:22 PM   #26
acmarttin
Regular User

What's up TT.

Sorry I haven't responded yet. I moved to Las Vegas!!! But now I have my internet and am settled in.

I dunno if you bought the car yet or not but I'm going to PM you with a list of things that have gone wrong...er...right with my car.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #27
TT
Regular User

Shin, the one I tested was indeed a 180 Roadstrer, FWD. It was a rental car from Europcar I took one day to go to Lugano and come back in a day via the Nèfenen. It was a blast up the mountain so I am sure the coupé, quattro or not, would be even better.
For sure if I can put my hands on a 225 it will be even better. and quattro can always be handy.

BTW, I know: Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, now Audi.. but you know how it is: when you start looking for a car with no precise idea, every day you see an interesting one, especially if you are an open minded car nut
But now with the TT I am pretty much sure. Just need to find the right one and I'll finalize the thing
I am actually already thinking about new wheels, because obviously I won't keep the stock one: only for winter tires, so I have some months untill next summer to decide what model to buy (and if the car will be yellow, the wheels HAVE to be black or gunmetal ). Same goes for exhaust: I doubt the stock one will stay on for a long time :roll:

nice idea Espen to buy one with fucked turbos and then bolt two bigger ones on

And thanks acmarttin for your PM, you could even answer in here since anyway (sorry), I hijacked your topic for good
Old 08-21-2006, 07:45 AM   #28
TT
Regular User

Aways loved BBS LM, but they end up costing more than the car itself
Old 08-21-2006, 08:41 AM   #29
spanky
Regular User

Cool Car Dude thanks for the pics!

Just have to wait for TT to get a TT now!
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:30 AM   #30
Dubai
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
..we needed more as part of the Audi Attack Team..
Nice choise. Soon, U got me in Audi Attach Team

Congrat bro!
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote