Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 06-07-2004, 05:45 PM   #16
Vansquish
Regular User

You'll bet I can't tell the difference about what exactly? Believe it or not I'm not some prepubescent know-it-all...I've got a fairly analytical mnd and a sensible right foot. My seat-of-the-pants intuition has never proven me wrong as far as cars go. In 1994 when my dad brought home a Probe GT he was working on, he asked me what if anything had changed mechanically from its introductory year to it's second year in production. I wasn't reading any car magazines which had any information on the changes, nor was I privy to any special information from my dad. I knew the answer all the same....can YOU do that?

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:24 PM   #17
blah
Regular User

Yea the live axle is a bitch to run drag races in, but when you go rear axle you arent gonna be doing much turning. Although the F-Bodies handled well for what they were.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:39 PM   #18
Anile8er
Regular User

the fastes of the cars is the ss by like .2 heh but the ws6 in black looks soooo sick
********* w00t!*********

what what WHAT!! no no no FUCK U!!!!!

p.s. Whysukit when u can fuck it?
Anile8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 10:19 PM   #19
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

yea i do really like those f-bodys but you guys are right i was looking at the aftermarket parts for them and they are more expensive. im kinda leaning in favor of the cobra now just because of price. i had also considered those old 5.0L i dont mind the styling of them at all, i like it (particularly the notchbacks, those look mean ) , and they would really be easy to modify, but i really would perfer the newer car, less miles and probably more reliable if i can find one that is mostly stock. nowadays it is hard to find an unmodified 5.0L. but anyways thanks a lot for all your input, i do appreciate it!! 8)
Old 06-07-2004, 10:51 PM   #20
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by hanes
It depends what you are after, the 96-98 Cobras are turds, Takes a lot of mods to make any power out of them too. They need heads etc to make any real power.
If you want any power go to the newer models(they rock).
Good luck finding a Decent WS6/ss for that kind of money!
Just what he needs, information that is quite useless. First off, the '96-'98 Cobra's were equipped with the B series heads flowed quite well. Too well, in fact, that's why Ford chose to put IMRC's to slow down the intake velocity so it could make some usable torque. And slow? Compared to what? Yes these model year Cobra's are a little slower than the LS1 F-Bodies, but absolute speed is not everything, that's why the F body went bye-bye. I would say test drive both models and come to your own conclusion. Around where I live, there is a '96-'97 Cobra convertible sitting on a dealer lot with $12.500 on the window and it looks quite nice.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:15 AM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

well, the cobra is a higher tech motor in that its DOHC and all aluminum... it can take higher revs under tuning...

i havent driven a N/A cobra, but have driven a WS/6... i prefer the supercharged cobra... but for road racing, the F-body is way better. and with borla exhaust, the T/A sounds incredible.

test drive both, they are both gobs of fun in straights, and in corners
Old 06-08-2004, 02:18 PM   #22
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
well, the cobra is a higher tech motor in that its DOHC and all aluminum... it can take higher revs under tuning...

i havent driven a N/A cobra, but have driven a WS/6... i prefer the supercharged cobra... but for road racing, the F-body is way better. and with borla exhaust, the T/A sounds incredible.

test drive both, they are both gobs of fun in straights, and in corners
haha nice, yea i dont plan on doing any road racing i dont think, but i will definitly have to test drive both when the time comes