Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
I don't believe in words that easily, especially when they come from somebody with a big mouth, but has been proven wrong o so many times.
Proven wrong so many times?

See - it's this type of tripe that really takes the original ethos and intent of Jabbasworld and destroys it - nthfinity is a long standing member who has shown to be honest and sincere in all aspects - so why would you try and attack and redicule his content and contribution?

What exactly do you hope to achieve by this attitude and behaviour?

We are trying evry hard to nurture and shape JabbasWorld as a splace ont he Web with valid and accurate and exciting informaiton and content - and as such there is a time and place for everything. Your critique is nothing more than childish hate and jealousy.

You are like thise fools who write into the magazines all high and mighty and attack the content providers because only your pathetic truth is supposed to count.

Hey - if YOU think you can do better and be more factual, instead of sitting there like the whiny bitch you are - why not get off your lazy, pot-smoking, arse and go FIND you own cars to photograph, road test and talk about?

You obviously have no idea of the magnitude of the little road-test and photo-shoot and more that nth arranged with this Vector - JUST SO FOOLS LIKE YOU CAN ENJOY READING ABOUT AND SEEING IT!

Maybe everyone would like it better if no exciting and new and creative content was sourced... all because Lotus doesn't believe the sources.

So instead of talking like an idiot I suggest you read first, and take a deep breath. I merely said your statement of driving on of the three fastest cars in the world was bold. And it is. One thing though, don't say people are OWNED by yourself. Besides the fact that it is pretty queer behaviour, you're piss-poor at it too.
Obviously you nolonger see JW as a place for the unique gathering of car enthusiasts, their shared content and discussion there of.

Maybe it's time you find somewhere else to hang out - because obviosly "we" don't meet your high standards.

:roll:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #32
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Ok, lets rent a track and some supercars and walk the talk!

I'd give $5 to see thar.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #33
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by MartijnGizmo
Ok, lets rent a track and some supercars and walk the talk!

I'd give $5 to see thar.
All I can say is "Stay Tuned.." - In fact there may be a preview available of some prelims and some locaiton scounting after this weekend..
Old 06-14-2006, 11:13 AM   #34
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Lotus has been here just as long has Nth.. and he is just as important to JW

I think both sides of this argument both have their truths and both make sense to some degree...

Like, Why wasn't the Vector ever added to the Guiness Book of Records? Why was the McLaren?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #35
TT
Regular User

Default Re: Have you experienced negative G's in a car before?

Originally Posted by nthfinity

TT, im curious if you have exerpienced it in any of the fine cars you've been in... its very very strange, to say the least
Well, thinking about it, the very powerfull cars in which I had rides, Murcielagos, Enzo, Zonda F, Diablos were always driven on quite smooth surfaces, so I don't see how it could be possible even with 2000 hp
Even on mountain roads, never hit a suitable "bump" to cause that, but to be honest I am not sure I am getting the point: I mean, I got "liften" from the seat and kept down by the safety belt in some Imprezas or Lancers driven on bumpy roads very fast, but you don't see ow it is related to hp

Aboute acceleration and braking, the biggest G were without a shade of a doubt in the Zonda and Enzo, but corner wise the Exige can impress even more to be honest!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #36
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
Lotus has been here just as long has Nth.. and he is just as important to JW
You can have him and his opinions.

Just don't get all pissy when others decide that it is not worth sharing their experiencesa and sourcing content for JW and take their efforts some place else because of haters like him.

I think both sides of this argument both have their truths and both make sense to some degree...
What argument? It's only an argument in Lotus mind...

Like, Why wasn't the Vector ever added to the Guiness Book of Records? Why was the McLaren?
Uhm - because different people/organisations place different weigth emphasis on Guiness and their record book than others.

You don't just say "Here - put our number in" - you have to re-invite the adjudicators over to observe according to THEIR terms.

Salt Flat racers race accroing to their set f timing rules and requirments - does that eman now that all the Slat Flat times are null and void?

Any way - if people keep bitching and whining enough (with pointless arguments), unique and interesting content will simply dry up and go away - maybe thats what some of you guys want for JW anyway.. *shrug*

But in the end - the proof yoy all seek shall surely be forth coming... Have patience
Old 06-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #37
RC45
Regular User

Default Re: Have you experienced negative G's in a car before?

Originally Posted by TT
Aboute acceleration and braking, the biggest G were without a shade of a doubt in the Zonda and Enzo, but corner wise the Exige can impress even more to be honest!
What nth is refering to is not the affect of "jumping" over bumps or the affects of cornering or accelerating - but rather taking a car over a rise and having the car in effect "stick" to the road as you are lifted out of the seat - so imagine that dust and a piece of paper would stick to the roof at that moment - as the car stays firmly on the road but you push upwards against the seatbelt.

Normally you experience that if you "jump" over a hill and the car returns to earth sooner than you do so your stomach feels light as you crest the hill - but many of us have experienced that in cars with even very little down force.

Nth is talking about that opposite effect - where the car stays put as you crest the hill but you and the paper don't
Old 06-14-2006, 11:36 AM   #38
TNT
Regular User

if a race is going down give me a time and date i will be part of the viewing public
Old 06-14-2006, 11:36 AM   #39
TT
Regular User

Ok, reading a bit more I understand the neg G we are talking about should be generated by high downforce produced by the car at high speed... fair enough, but why would this result in the passengers beeing lifted from their seats as if they weren't actually part of the car's "moving system"?

I am for sure a total noob at physics, but really don't see why high downforce should put neg G on the body of the car's passenger and driver.

because if it's the case, how could F1 drivers survive a GP
Old 06-14-2006, 11:37 AM   #40
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT
if a race is going down give me a time and date i will be part of the viewing public
Yep - its going to be a very busy summer -- you'll get to see the video

Originally Posted by TT
Ok, reading a bit more I understand the neg G we are talking about should be generated by high downforce produced by the car at high speed... fair enough, but why would this result in the passengers beeing lifted from their seats as if they weren't actually part of the car's "moving system"?
You are only part of the system because you are strapped in. If you wrere not you would be thrown around like a rag doll.

Originally Posted by TT
I am for sure a total noob at physics, but really don't see why high downforce should put neg G on the body of the car's passenger and driver.

because if it's the case, how could F1 drivers survive a GP
They are firmly srapped in so they cannot move relative to the car - but if they went on a rollercoaster style road - they might suffer red-outs as they crest hills, and black outs as they bottom out in valleys.

If they were not strapped in they might fly out the seats on hill crests and be smashed under the dashboard in valleys.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:41 AM   #41
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Proven wrong so many times?

See - it's this type of tripe that really takes the original ethos and intent of Jabbasworld and destroys it - nthfinity is a long standing member who has shown to be honest and sincere in all aspects - so why would you try and attack and redicule his content and contribution?

What exactly do you hope to achieve by this attitude and behaviour?

We are trying evry hard to nurture and shape JabbasWorld as a splace ont he Web with valid and accurate and exciting informaiton and content - and as such there is a time and place for everything. Your critique is nothing more than childish hate and jealousy.

You are like thise fools who write into the magazines all high and mighty and attack the content providers because only your pathetic truth is supposed to count.

Hey - if YOU think you can do better and be more factual, instead of sitting there like the whiny bitch you are - why not get off your lazy, pot-smoking, arse and go FIND you own cars to photograph, road test and talk about?

You obviously have no idea of the magnitude of the little road-test and photo-shoot and more that nth arranged with this Vector - JUST SO FOOLS LIKE YOU CAN ENJOY READING ABOUT AND SEEING IT!

Maybe everyone would like it better if no exciting and new and creative content was sourced... all because Lotus doesn't believe the sources.

Obviously you nolonger see JW as a place for the unique gathering of car enthusiasts, their shared content and discussion there of.

Maybe it's time you find somewhere else to hang out - because obviosly "we" don't meet your high standards.

Ahh, here we have our little texan attention whore again. Looking for another discussion to stick your nose in?

I've been in many discussions with Nth, and let's say he was wrong on a few occasions. I didn't attack and ridicule his contribution initially, I merely wondered if the W8 would be one of the 3 fastest production cars in the world. He came back stung like a bee and came with all that owned-bullshit. However those are one of the facts you always seem to miss.

My critique has nothing to do with jealousy or whatever fucked up conclusions you draw. This is a discussion board, where people discuss. If he makes claimes about the F1, or the W8, or whatever he chooses to post about, and I think they're different, I have every right to discuss that. That has nothing to do with "my pathetic truth" as you wish to call it. Funny how you don't seem to grasp the concept of broadening your horizon. But then again, you can't see past your own opinion.

LOL at your petty attempts to insult me. It has become your trademark, and that's pretty sad. My "lazy ass" has something for me more important to do then hunting for cars. Unfortunately I'm busy with graduating, work, etc etc. My sparse time I use for my social life, and my section at JW.

I'm done arguing with you, with your brainless "obvious" analyses everytime where you call everybody jew-hating terrorists when they don't agree with you on political views, where you call everybody spineless assholes whenever they have another point of view. You make yourself look like a fool again. In conclusion, STFU, and if you decide to leave again, don't forget to close the door and skip the drama. Because I'm not leaving.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #42
RC45
Regular User

Ahh, here we have our little texan attention whore again. Looking for another discussion to stick your nose in?

I've been in many discussions with Nth, and let's say he was wrong on a few occasions. I didn't attack and ridicule his contribution initially, I merely wondered if the W8 would be one of the 3 fastest production cars in the world. He came back stung like a bee and came with all that onwed-bullshit. However those are one of the facts you always seem to miss.
Man you are angry this week? You local pot-house run low or something?

My critique has nothing to do with jealousy or whatever fucked up conclusions you draw. This is a discussion board, where people discuss. If he makes clames about the F1, or the W8, or whatever he chooses to post about, and I think they're different, I have every right to discuss that.
Discuss all you want - but you coame ou tthe gate hating and calling him a liar. What proof are YOU using for your claims? It's not like YOU have ever driven ina W8 or spoken to the owners and collectors and engineers about it - have you?

Whats YOUR basis for challenging him?
That has nothing to do with "my pathetic truth" as you wish to call it. Funny how you don't seem to grasp the concept of broadening your horizon. But then again, you can't see past your own opinion.
If he never sourced the car, took the drive, did the test and the GRACIOUSLY decided to SHARE it with YOU - you would have never had a thing to say.

YOU just cruise around like a whiny bitch LOOKING for "discussions" to have - again - what is the basis for YOU to disagree with him?

LOL at your petty attempts to insult me. It has become your trademark, and that's pretty sad. My "lazy ass" has something for me more important to do then hunting for cars. Unfortunately I'm busy with graduating, work, etc etc. My sparse time I use for my social life, and my section at JW.
Your point?

I'm done arguing with you, with your brainless "obvious" analyses everytime where you call everybody jew-hating terrorists when they don't agree with you on political views, where you call everybody spineless assholes whenever they have another point of view. You make yourself look like a fool again. In conclusion, STFU, and if you decide to leave again, don't forget to close the door and skip the drama. Because I'm not leaving.
I am sure you are not leaving - you have no where else to be. SO again - whats the basis for you to angrily hate on his gracious contribution to the content at JW?

Just because you have decided you don't like his opinion ? Or do you have some factual basis to challange his assertions?

Again - if you have had access to a W8 and been able to gather further research that can debunk his claims - please feel free to offer them up - others wise perhaps you might STFU and allow others to enjoy the content that Nth is providing.

Just a thought.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:55 AM   #43
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

argument aside,

If only my go kart had downforce wings and seat belts
Old 06-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #44
TT
Regular User

Trying to ignore the usual fights...

Ok, now I see the kind of situation where you could experience such things.. a crest, (possibly not a ramp or else, d/f or not, you'll go airborne) driven pretty quickly. Quick enough to make you feel like your body is trying to lift from the seat but not enough to beat the downforce generated by the car.

And well, sadly I was never was in the right place with those cars :bah:
Old 06-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #45
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Man you are angry this week? You local pot-house run low or something?
LOL, you are talking to me? Look at your last reply at me and stop wondering if I'm angry, but start questioning what issues you can't get over.

Discuss all you want - but you coame ou tthe gate hating and calling him a liar. What proof are YOU using for your claims? It's not like YOU have ever driven ina W8 or spoken to the owners and collectors and engineers about it - have you?

Whats YOUR basis for challenging him?
I only ask to show proof of the claims he makes. That's not strange, now is it? That would be funny, when you only can judge on the words of another. People would have a fieldday with your bullshit.

If he never sourced the car, took the drive, did the test and the GRACIOUSLY decided to SHARE it with YOU - you would have never had a thing to say.

YOU just cruise around like a whiny bitch LOOKING for "discussions" to have - again - what is the basis for YOU to disagree with him?
You cruise around looking for sticking your nose in discussions others have. That's even worse. I wondered something, he replied, and you as the attention whore you are came bugging everybody with your issues again. I merely wondered something.

Your point?
It annoys people, and not only me.

I am sure you are not leaving - you have no where else to be. SO again - whats the basis for you to angrily hate on his gracious contribution to the content at JW?

Just because you have decided you don't like his opinion ? Or do you have some factual basis to challange his assertions?

Again - if you have had access to a W8 and been able to gather further research that can debunk his claims - please feel free to offer them up - others wise perhaps you might STFU and allow others to enjoy the content that Nth is providing.

Just a thought.
I have plenty places to go, but I like it here. Nth is a grown man capable enough to talk for his own. I meant nothing with it, he got all pissy and started the OWNED-BS, I reacted, he reacted and it was over. Nothing major.

Untill you appeared *again*. Why don't you stop insulting half this forum on a daily basis that disagrees with you? Why don't you stop bugging others with your obvious issues, because the anger inside you is constantly showing.

Just a thought.

Oh, and let's stop this argument for the sake of this topic.