Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-04-2004, 06:26 PM   #1
gobs3z
Regular User

Default Project Gotham 2 help!!!

Has anyone here beaten Project Gotham 2. Cause i can't seem to beat 10 platinum races because i don't think they're possible. Inform me if it is, or if you have a cheat to beat the whole game cause i'm sick of not gettin anywhere.
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:33 PM   #2
Regular User

i dun think its possible to beat the game

type in Tal as ur name and get everything
Old 11-04-2004, 08:09 PM   #3
666fast
Regular User

Yes it is possible, many people have done it. I'm getting pretty close myself. Only a handfull more to go.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:47 PM   #4
bmagni
Regular User

i did it like some biiiig time ago... tell me where u have problems... i can be useful
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #5
gobs3z
Regular User

All of these are golds, cause i can't seem to get the platinum for them.
COMPACT SPORT SERIES
-Speed camera(i really don't think this one is possible)
COUPE SERIES
-cone challenge
SPORT SERIES
-hot lap
ROADSTER SERIES
-Both Sydney timed runs
AMERICAN MUSCLE
-Washingtong DC cone challenge
GRAND TOURING SERIES
-yokohama timed run
-hong kong cone challenge
-moscow hot lap
TRACK SERIES
-Both Nurburgring hot laps(don't think these are possible either)
-Stockholm timed run

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 11-04-2004, 09:12 PM   #6
gobs3z
Regular User

Tal does work either

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 11-04-2004, 10:44 PM   #7
vexor
Regular User

well the ones that you say are "impossible" are very much possible, and for the cone challenges, look at the top scorers on the event scoreboard and see what they do (where they start sliding, how they slide, etc)

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:14 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

it took me a while, but i had 3 left for many months... just to loose my save game file... thats when i got pissed, and bought an action replay... but that doesnt automatically mean you are 'good' at the game.
the last platinum i had gotten was the first car class (mini, focus etc.) speed camera.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:34 PM   #9
bmagni
Regular User

COMPACT SPORTS SERIES
this one is tough... one of the toughest of the speed cameras... use the svt focus, itll take lots of tries... sometimes a goos techinique is not to take the first corner, the one to the left if i remember well, too fast cause that will make the second corner harder to take. then the last corner u have to be at full throttle and up to the limit.

COUPE SERIES
-cone challenge
this one i did it with the m3, the first part is easy. nothing that good sliding cant do... the trick here is after the first "checkpoint" (white line in the pavement) when u get to a big curve to the right, the trick here is to take it fast and slide a bit, my recomend making a fast move in the steering or tap the hand brake, u have to time it well so that u can pass the cones maybe sliding a bit and that ur going fast so in the next cones u go fast enough to continue the combo. after that instead of sliding in every turn try making "good lines" thats what i did and worked perfect.

ROADSTER SERIES
-Both Sydney timed runs
use the Cobra. its hard to controll but itll bring u no trouble...

GRAND TOURING SERIES
-yokohama timed run
-hong kong cone challenge
-moscow hot lap
i dont remeber the timed run and hot lap, as for the cone challenge its tough one...i use the 575. if u get it well done u can do the double points the medal requires, even +30 grand, its easy just key turns are the ones u should practice more... one is after the first checkpoint, the one to the left. what u have to do here is midway thorugh it, tap the hand brake so that the car slips slightly and goes fast enough between the cones so that u catch the other cones before the 2 secs between cones time goes by, the next one to the left too, what u have to do here is just make a good line, the start of the curve is essential, once u take it right itll be easier for u to make it... i keep to tell u to do "good lines" not slides

TRACK SERIES
-Both Nurburgring hot laps(don't think these are possible either)
-Stockholm timed run
the Ring hot laps are very very easy... i use the challenge stradale which isnt the fastest car in the series but its my fav and still i take 1 sec+ to qhe requierement... still u might want to try the gt3 or noble... the key is not to be afraid to the turns, rather than being hard to take theyre easy, instead of braking try decelerating and thatll work just fine and itll be uber easy...

for the ones i didnt post is cause i dont remember ill try to post my reviews soon, if u dont understand my tips let me know and ill post more detailed ones
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:50 AM   #10
dons5
Regular User

ya i almost beat the game i got platinum in everythign excpet one thing, its the cone challenege with the 575m at night time its 2 laps i think its the one u mentioned above under gt series hong kong cone challenge, i know i can do it its just a matter of linking all the cones to eachother theres one or 2 spots where i lose it i think its the left hander u mentioned above and then trying to link that to next left hander, and then linkin that to the next one
Old 11-05-2004, 02:54 AM   #11
gobs3z
Regular User

I can't thank you enough guys, keep them coming. I'll put them to use, and i've been using the Noble since it seems to outdo the others but i'll try with the Stradale. Thanks again!!

Old 11-07-2004, 05:42 PM   #12
nurbrun
Regular User

i did it after beating silver and gold. the only real hard one for me was the fucking cone challenge in grand touring. took me a whole after noon :x . it is very possible and if i knew "tal" could have gotn me a TVR i would have done it in a secoend
Old 11-07-2004, 07:22 PM   #13
dons5
Regular User

ya i think thats whe one thats is hard for me to the cone challenege for the 575m/550 etc
Old 11-07-2004, 07:31 PM   #14
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
ya i think thats whe one thats is hard for me to the cone challenege for the 575m/550 etc
I did it in the Testarossa... got the plat after a few tries
No.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 09:31 PM   #15
dons5
Regular User

ill try that thanx man