Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-30-2003, 09:01 PM   #1
666fast
Regular User

Default Good news for ALMS!

I sure as hell hope so.

http://www.americanlemans.com/storyA.../092903bmw.asp

MIAMI, FLORIDA - In celebration of the 25th anniversary of its ADVAN brand, Yokohama Rubber Company of Japan (parent of the US-based Yokohama Tire Corporation) will sponsor a Prototype Technology Group (PTG)-run BMW E46 to compete in the GT class at the ALMS Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta, October 16 through 18th.
I know that PTG is in the process of selling all of it's World Speed Challenge cars, but this I wasn't aware of untill a few minutes ago. So far it's the only bit that I can find, there isn't any word on whether or not they will do a full season. But I'm gonna have to say that they most likely will. Which is awesome.
I think it's about time for them to leave the SWC and go back to ALMS.

Incase anyone missed it, Care Racing (Prodrive supported) took first and second in Miami! And for the first time ever, the entire GTS Poduim was held by Ferrari!
Let just hope Prodrive will contine with ALMS!
Old 10-05-2003, 10:24 PM   #2
666fast
Regular User

A little bit more good news.
http://www.americanlemans.com/storyA...3hansstuck.asp

If you are to lazy to click the link and read, I'll give you a rundown.
Hans Stuck is coming back to the ALMS and will be driving one of the PTG cars. Heh, he came back right where he left off!