Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-04-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
inso
Regular User

Default This months evoīs context

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/56...onths_evo.html

No limits this month as the team seek out the last roads in the world that are free of speed limits and propaganda, with the express purpose of driving as quickly as we could. Armed with a 604bhp 5.7-litre V10 Porsche Carrera GT and a limit-free German autobahn, we achieved our goal...

014 Planet Evo
BMW has toned and honed the already brilliant M3 into the stiffer, more responsive CS; meanwhile, M Division is readying a manual gearbox M5 and M6. In the US, Shelby has pumped-up the Mustang to 450bhp - and it could be coming to the UK

Nissan Skyline GT-R Z-Tune, BMW Alpina B5, Nissan 350Z GT4, Lexus GS430, Bentley Flying Spur, DMS BMW 535d, Mini Cooper S auto, BMW 320d

061 Letters
We're used to a bit of 911-bashing on the letters pages but our verdict that the iconic coupe beats its little brother Boxster, despite being slower around a circuit, has really got you riled. And even more of you want us to keep putting you behind the wheel of the world's greatest supercars

066 Caterham Seven CSR
Caterhams have been getting faster and more extreme for the past 30 years, but essentially they've stayed the same. The new Cosworth-powered CSR is a complete revolution and we've followed its progress every step of the way. Now John Barker gets a definitive drive of the rampant 256bhp CSR 260 on some of his favourite roads

072 BMW M6
BMW's M division has transformed the 6-series from a slightly disappointing boulevard cruiser into a 500bhp, 200mph missile. Richard Meaden stokes the V10 into life and then goes Ferrari 612S-chasing

086 No Limits!
We're forever being beaten over the head with the 'Speed Kills' message, so it seemed only right and proper to seek out the last roads in the world that are free of limits and propaganda, with the express purpose of driving as quickly as we could.

Roger Green opens the door of the 200mph club in Porsche's ultimate road car, the simply exquisite 604bhp, 5.7-litre, V10, Carrera GT, on one of Germany's many limit-free autobahns.

On the other side of the world, Richard Meaden tackles the Stuart Highway - a road that spears through Australia's Northern Territory and is limit-free for most of its 1000 miles. The car? It could only be the Monaro VXR, a muscle-car that's literally worshipped in the land of the V8.

Finally, John Barker stayed a little closer to home for his high-speed thrills, strapping himself into the fastest accelerating

ADVERTISEMENT
road car of all time, Ultima's fearsome GTR640, taking a deep breath and then tackling the infamous 37.7-mile TT Course on the Isle of Man. No journalists were killed or injured in the making of this feature

120 Twins
Three pairs of decidedly non-identical twins with lumps of common DNA square up to each other. Richard Meaden and Jethro Bovingdon referee Subarus Impreza and Forester; Dodges Viper and Ram, and Range Rover Sport and Jaguar S-type R

128 Morgan Aero 8
and Aeromax
Like Caterham, the men from Malvern are refining and redefining their product; we drive the Aero 8 and the fabulous and unique Aeromax coupe

140 Noble Buying Guide
When we first drove the Noble M12 GTO the conclusion was simple: 'Britain has a new supercar maker'. Roger Green shows you how to enter that most exclusive of clubs

146 Long Term Tests
Simon George swans around Europe in his Lamborghini and is joined by David Yu in a Ferrari F430. Back in the real world, staff writer Henry learns the surreal art of sideways driving with a little help from our Caterham R300

163 The Knowledge
Spot even a single mistake in our car listings and Henry gets the boot. It's as simple as that

194 Best Day of My Life
Most people's preparation for breaking the Land Speed Record would involve 12 hours on the loo followed by throwing themselves out of a window.
If Andy Green's day followed this pattern, he's not letting on to Colin Goodwin
[/img]
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:13 PM   #2
crayzayjay
Regular User

Great issue. Already read it cover to cover

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:51 PM   #3
DeMoN
Regular User

God dam im going to barnes and nobles for a free read lol!
Old 05-04-2005, 11:51 PM   #4
gottacatchup
Regular User

Screw the CGT i want to know if the BMW beat the Itallian stallion, i've got to get to B&N tomorrow after school.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:13 AM   #5
Sir_GT
Regular User

Lol. Barnes & Nobles. I couldn't be bothered to buy books when I went there... I just had starbucks and read everything I wanted.

None of that here in the UK... and to top it off, my local WH Smith (B&N equivalent) is always a few days late.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:30 AM   #6
inso
Regular User

Guys are reading evos, makes me wonder, where are the scans
Old 05-05-2005, 03:03 AM   #7
yg60m
Regular User

Arghh, when I think that I will have to wait 2 weeks for my issue to arrive I'm not that far from England !!!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:08 AM   #8
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
Arghh, when I think that I will have to wait 2 weeks for my issue to arrive I'm not that far from England !!!
thats not so bad - here we are at least 1 month behind if not 2......but then we are a long way away Thats why I stopped buying them and just reading TT's scans - I couldn't resist the temptation of the scans being right in front of me
Old 05-05-2005, 05:36 AM   #9
inso
Regular User

kangaroos, TT donīt scan all the articles, it is still worth the money.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:45 AM   #10
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Lol. Barnes & Nobles. I couldn't be bothered to buy books when I went there... I just had starbucks and read everything I wanted.

None of that here in the UK... and to top it off, my local WH Smith (B&N equivalent) is always a few days late.
We've got Borders which is basically the same as B&N - much more so than WHSmith anyway
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:48 AM   #11
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by inso
kangaroos, TT donīt scan all the articles, it is still worth the money.
kangaroos? Thats not my name
He scans all the important articles and thats enough for me.....and if there is something else I can ask him to scan it for me or go to the shops when it finally comes out here and read it quickly there
Old 05-05-2005, 09:29 AM   #12
DeMoN
Regular User

ill try to go B & N this weekend as I have 2 more final exams =(
Old 05-05-2005, 09:44 AM   #13
TT
Regular User

inso, I scan all the articles, or let's say 99% of them! I usually left out the readrers' letters, the featured stuff like Renault ads/articles and I think I never scanned the starter motors, but ALL the rest is always posted, fast fleet included
Old 05-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #14
noosee
Regular User

Ouuu Looks like great issue.
Can't wait for my copy to arrive
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:20 AM   #15
mindgam3
Regular User

The CGT and the Caterham CSR review are the best articles IMO
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote