Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-19-2007, 10:43 AM   #16
hwjunkie
Regular User

Is it suppose to rain for qualifying and/or the race? I hope so, it will make it much more interesting and not so predictable.
hwjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #17
hwjunkie
Regular User

True, practice is boring and doesn't always show who's really fast but qualifying has been interesting to watch lately...

And they say it's suppose to be hot and dry tomorrow for qualifying, which means that we already know who the top 4 will be and if it's dry on Sunday, I hate to say it but Hamilton will probably win the championship, he doens't have to win, just finish towards the front... I would really like to see Raikkonen win it, but it's a big longshot, he will probably only win if it rains and he has alot of luck on his side.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:40 PM   #18
Fleischmann
Regular User

WTF is wrong with BMW Sauber ? After so many technical problems and poor car setups in the last few races, the team decided not to bother with the practice. What a bunch of morons. :roll:
Old 10-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #19
blue8
Regular User

Things happen during the practice session. I don't watch it because it's not shown here, I just keep track of the times online. Word is Hamilton, Button and Sato broke the rules this morning by running two sets of intermediate tyres... details to follow

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:53 PM   #20
Bizi Jones
Regular User

+ 2 sec to their qualifying times....
Bizi Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #21
saadie
Regular User

hell yeah ... button sato and hamilton are the least that matter for me
Old 10-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #22
blue8
Regular User

Practice 2
Track condition: dry

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #23
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by Bizi Jones
+ 2 sec to their qualifying times....
Is that for sure? If so that is the best thing that could have happened, it will make the race WAY more interesting. 2 seconds is HUGE! For Button and Sato it won't make any difference, for Hamilton that could make him start in 10th or worse and that would be tought to get to the front for him, he's good but he's not Michael who can start from the back and finish on the podium....
Old 10-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #24
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by goodduck
Button, Hamilton, Sato under investigation over tyres

Honda’s Jenson Button, McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton and Super Aguri’s Takuma Sato are under investigation at Interlagos over an alleged breach of tyre regulations in Friday morning’s opening practice session.

All three drivers supposedly used two sets of wet-weather tyres, in contravention of Article 25.3 of the Formula One sporting regulations, which states: "No driver may use more than one set of wet and one set of extreme weather tyres during P1 and P2."

Stewards are expected to look into the matter following second practice. It is not yet clear whether the drivers involved will face any penalty.
formula1.com
I have my fingers crossed, penalty, penalty!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 02:38 PM   #25
bmagni
Regular User

anyone cheering for Hamilton??? I guess everyone is starting to dislike him, I'm surprised how most of us liked him at the beginning of the season but now hes like meeh
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #26
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
anyone cheering for Hamilton??? I guess everyone is starting to dislike him, I'm surprised how most of us liked him at the beginning of the season but now hes like meeh
My opinion on that..... At the beginning of the season, NOBODY had any idea Hamilton was going to do good at all, everyone was expecting Raikkonen or Alonso, maybe Massa to do good... When Hamilton made the podium in his first race, everyone went hmmm, then the 2nd race and third race podiums, everyone went wow, this guy is gonna be good, but they never had Hamilton on their "favorite driver list" it was whoever they liked last before... For me it was Michael and Ferrari so I had to go with Ferrari, and I didn't care one way or the other about Hamilton but then when I saw him on the grid before a race and he wouldn't talk to the press, I said, "who does this guy think he is?" and then every other race he wouldn't do a pre-race interview and every other driver from the back of the grid to the front gives interviews, it just got on my nerves, so every race I hated him more and more. Not only that, he's a rookie and he's doing better than my favorite drivers and eveyone else that have paid their dues in the sport and are probably very good drivers they just haven't had a chance to drive a car as good as his... That's my opinion on why people are not liking him anymore.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #27
Fleischmann
Regular User

^^^ I think it's the fact that he seems to get away with everything, just because he is the noob. I bet no penalty will be given for the tyre incident during the practice sessions.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #28
saadie
Regular User

if it was only hamilton ... then no paneltiy would've been probable ...
now there are three guys .. lets see what happens
Old 10-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #29
hwjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
^^^ I think it's the fact that he seems to get away with everything, just because he is the noob. I bet no penalty will be given for the tyre incident during the practice sessions.
He dodged a bullet by not getting penalized the time he passed the safety car in the rain... He should have gotten a penalty, if it was Michael, he would have gotten a penalty...

This time, it's not just him, it's 3 different drivers that clearly broke the rules, how can they not penalize them for it? They have to....

The funny thing about it is that it's probably not the drivers fault, I doubt they radioed in and said they wanted new tires? The team just did it..
Old 10-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #30
saadie
Regular User

^^ nothing is that simple ..
F1 is no childs play ... such a small minor ghetto mistake can never be caused as easily as it seems