Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Old 03-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #16
Drew
Regular User

Yes, I admit I have copied A LOT of articles from JW. But if you look at those articles most of them were posted by people that got them from other board before that. Tell me you haven’t seen something interested on a car board and then posted the same thing on JW. That is the way message bards work. I have been trying VERY hard to populate my board with interesting car articles so people will have cool things to read.

I’m sorry if that offends you. Like I said I have put a lot of work into this site and do not and will not charge or make any money on it. And if you don’t like that I ripped off a few post in “Cars you saw” then look at the pics of the Ferrari 550. I took those myself and was really thrilled about it. You’re welcome to rip those of from me and post them here if you like. I won’t care.

P.S. Thanks Daggernite
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:19 PM   #17
LotusGT1
Regular User

What a fuss over nothing.

The guy spammed with his site -> ban him.

However, the comments of some of the members here are a bit childish. The forum has a totally random layout and 90% of the subforums can be found at every carforum. Yes, he's an ass for stealing content...

But it's not the site which makes a forum a success, it's its members....and Jabba in this case of course

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
How would you get banned before you do something?
LOL...you were kidding right ?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:21 PM   #18
ARMAN
Regular User

You are partually right about taking links from elsewere, except: we dont take all the links from one site(sorry havent seen anything else interesting there that is not from JW); if it is from some respected site way say so(and JW is one of the biggest); you have internet? -> you can find TONNS of stuff to post on your site.
+ you go here and try to advertise your own site BEFORE reading the rules, wich you should have to do first.

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #19
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
But it's not the site which makes a forum a success, it's its members....and Jabba in this case of course
Suck up

<whisper> Jabba, I love you </whisper>
Old 03-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #20
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Suck up

Hey, he gave me a DVD for some pics I photoshopped Of course I have to suck up

One thing I don't get about Drew is the fact that he says his forum cost him so much time and effort to built. Copying doesn't take time nor effort....
But whatever, he doesn't have unique content, he won't survive in the mass of carforums....
Old 03-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #21
Drew
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Suck up

Hey, he gave me a DVD for some pics I photoshopped Of course I have to suck up

One thing I don't get about Drew is the fact that he says his forum cost him so much time and effort to built. Copying doesn't take time nor effort....
But whatever, he doesn't have unique content, he won't survive in the mass of carforums....
LOL, wait... First you said "But it's not the site which makes a forum a success, it's its members"

then you said
"he doesn't have unique content, he won't survive in the mass of carforums"

I'm confused, because first you said content has nothing to do with the success of a board, and then you are saying my lack of content is why I wont survive???

LOL :roll:
Old 03-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #22
ARMAN
Regular User

Contient have nothing to do with the success on JW he probably ment and then he said about "other" carsites. Big difference here.

You had to stay here a bit longer to understand the rules and to get involved how it works here. There are few guys on JW who run theyr own forums/sites and no problem with it.

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #23
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Drew

LOL, wait... First you said "But it's not the site which makes a forum a success, it's its members"

then you said
"he doesn't have unique content, he won't survive in the mass of carforums"

I'm confused, because first you said content has nothing to do with the success of a board, and then you are saying my lack of content is why I wont survive???

LOL :roll:
Fresh content attracks new members and makes a site popular, but the members keep the forum alive. It's not difficult to comprehend if you don't have your head stuck in your ass....

The portal and the site are strongly linked together, but two separate parts. Your attempt only has the forum part, and that one is half-assed...
Old 03-13-2006, 06:40 PM   #24
Drew
Regular User

Default Re: New unofficial Top Gear board

Originally Posted by brembo
Please check out www.unofficialtopgear.com

Thanks!

I dont care if you use some content or articles that have been posted here as you say thats how boards work, however to ripp too much from one site (JW) like you have done makes your board a lesser version of JW.....and I dont understand why people would want to spend their time on an lesser forum when the real deal are right here.....

To steal pics like the ones you took from Jon are wrong IMO if you dont say where you stole them to give credit to the right people...... :fist:

good luck with your board, you will need it, cuz until you get an uniqe user mass like JW got it will never be anything else than an bad JW copy...

just to know.... did you sign up to JW to get ideas and rip off content or whats the deal?
Actually I used to be Global Hemisphere on here. I got in a lot of fights with RC45 and was banned. Yes I signed up with this ID for the sole purpose to get car articles to put on my board. And I agree, I have taken all I really care to from here and that is why I chose today as the day to post my link and probably be banned.

I am being totally honest about it so you can hate me for it if you like. And it has been a lot of work even if you guys don’t think it is. I have been doing a lot more than just coping articles.

I will not be back on JW because people like RC45 absolutely kill the board in my opinion. I did not enjoy being here because of him and a few other users like him. I did however love the content and is why I chose to look for some here to move to my board.

Anyway if any of you want to come register and help me build my board that would be great. If not, no hard feelings I hope.

Cheers

P.S. The ads on my board have been temporarily turned back on, but that’s because they are in the process of upgrading me. They will be back off in 24 hours.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #25
No.1
Regular User

Actually I used to be Global Hemisphere on here.
Phew - at leat you and him are the same guy - the world is a better place now we know that Drew = Gobal Hemisphere, and that there isn't two people like you
Old 03-13-2006, 06:48 PM   #26
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1

Actually I used to be Global Hemisphere on here.
Phew - at leat you and him are the same guy - the world is a better place now we know that Drew = Gobal Hemisphere, and that there isn't two people like you
LOL. I hope TT/Jabba doesn't have his eye popped when he read this thread.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:49 PM   #27
coloradosilver
Regular User

You know, we could just all go to his site and make stupid degrading posts about him. Make his site really have the cheap ripped off feeling that it really is.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #28
No.1
Regular User

You know, we could just all go to his site and make stupid degrading posts about him. Make his site really have the cheap ripped off feeling that it really is.
I wouldn't do him the service of registering on his third-rate, plagiarised bullshit site
Old 03-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #29
coloradosilver
Regular User

I didn't look closely enough at his site to realize that I would have to register. Nevermind then. He's still a wanker.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #30
nthfinity
Regular User

BAHWHAHAHA

i knew it was some complete asshat! it could've only been two people in my mind... either Josh (who already has his own unsuccessful forum/site) or Global_idiot

going out to attack other members is simply a meathod of lacking a strong argument... a strawman. he is/was/always will be a turd. his arguments lacked any substance; besides attacking others. ruined this board? look at how many members we have... look at how many active members we have. this is far from being in a state of ruin LMAO!!!

go away, and dont steal any other costom material... especially w/out giving credit to the original poster. you lack serious scruples, and your character is quite questionable.

LMFAO @ copying posts on this board just to give your site content! we have members that do that here... you never once Saw jabba, TT, Dan, FF out doing anything of the sort when JW first appeared. you are a tool, go enjoy yourself, and we will laugh at you all the way to the bank.