Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #166
saadie
Regular User

good thing he didnt lie ....

it was pretty obvious in the video anyway
Old 10-23-2007, 08:16 PM   #167
5vz-fe
Regular User

One of the replies from the youtube video:

"Hm...... I am P4..... let's call the FIA....Opssss that was not the button! DADDY!!!!"

Old 10-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #168
saadie
Regular User

^^ LMAO!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:41 AM   #169
regele

Originally Posted by yellky
Originally Posted by yellky
now your turn: name any other f1 driver waiting for help in the gravel....
Originally Posted by regele
i thought so..
Wow, you've waited the whole of 5 minutes for me to give you a reply :roll: , some of us have other things to do rather than debate opinions on forums 24/7...

Originally Posted by saadie
get over it read the rules
i dont give a shit about the rules [/quote]
It's all about moral conduct to you isn't it?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:41 AM   #170
blue8
Regular User

Kimi Raikkonen landed at Zurich airport in the afternoon. These are his first words as World Champion back in Europe:

"I am so happy it almost hurts! This is like a dream come true. This is something I wanted to reach since I've been a child. I was seven years old when I first saw a race track: it was an old, small kart circuit called Bembole; just five kilometres from where I lived. It was like a second home for me.

"Now, 22 years later, I have many favourite race tracks, but the most important one is Interlagos, more than 5,000 kilometres away from home! I've always said that the aim of my career is to become world champion. I came very close a couple of times and in the end everything turned out fine.

"We have always given our best to try to win. Doing that in sport you have to always push to the max until the end. You never know what may happen in a race; you only have to look at the last three races and you know what I'm talking about. Fuji was really terrible for us: we were at the back of the pack and our race was over almost immediately.

We left Japan and were 17 points behind, without the possibility to fight back. I think I can say that not more than ten people outside of the team would have bet on us. But we didn't give up. In a certain sense we believe in miracles. China was our joker: we won and the driver on the top of the standings didn't make any points. That gave us some hope, but there weren't many chances for us left. The last race was really emotional. The first four drivers in the field didn't retire, but there was a tough fight for positions between us and our competitors.

"Maybe I had the best start of the season and maybe I could have passed also Felipe at the first corner, but I had a plan and it didn't involve a fight with my teammate. I could see in my mirrors that Hamilton was next to Alonso in turn 3 and that he had a problem. I realised that we had the chance we had hoped for: this first lap seemed to be decisive for the whole championship.

"It was a great race and I think that I've never experienced such emotions in the cockpit. Everything worked perfectly fine. It was like a birthday present from heaven! We could have had more pace and I want to thank Felipe again for his support: he did what he could do, just like a perfect team-mate.

"As a team we couldn't do more than a double-win, but when I had crossed the line the most important thing to know was what Hamilton had done. I asked for information over the radio but there was just silence for a couple of seconds: finally Chris told me that he came in seventh and my heart nearly went into flames due to happiness! This is it: now we're World Champions!

"I want to thank all those who have been close to me over all these years, all my fans. Thanks to the team: it is fantastic being a part of the greatest team of all times. This year I really enjoyed Formula One more than ever before. I dreamt about winning the title with Ferrari and I bet that this is every driver's dream.

"This team never stops: they work at the max and never give up. We had some difficult moments, but we always managed to come back. And this shows the quality of the people working there. Thanks again! But I also want to thank the sponsors and partners: together with them we really have the package of a World Champion!

"Now I go to the Finali Mondiali at Mugello, to celebrate with all of Ferrari: it's my first time there and it's the perfect moment to get there. And then it's time for a holiday, the first as World Champion."

Source: Ferrari

Anthony Hamilton:
"So hell, enjoy your fun now because next year there's going to be a problem, and we're going to be back at the front.

"Next year he will no longer be a rookie and they (the other Formula One drivers) are going to be in trouble aren't they?"

With a smile, he added: "He can only improve - not unless he finds girls and booze! But that ain't going to happen."

:roll:

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #171
saadie
Regular User

his dad is soo funny .. its hard to laugh at him :\ ...
Old 10-24-2007, 09:07 AM   #172
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by blue8

With a smile, he added: "He can only improve - not unless he finds girls and booze! But that ain't going to happen."

:roll:
Hmmm....I didn't know Lewis is actually a gay Islamic until his dad confirms it

I don't mind what he said in the first 2 sentense, but why he go hit out on Kimi makes him a sore loser just like Ron Dennis.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:19 PM   #173
blue8
Regular User

The FIA's International Court of Appeal will hear McLaren's case against the decision of the Brazilian Grand Prix stewards on Thursday, November 15.

The race stewards at Interlagos decided not to penalise the BMW Sauber and Williams teams after temperature readings from their fuel rigs during the race pitstops were under the variation permitted in the Formula One Technical Regulations.

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton finished the race behind Williams's Nico Rosberg and BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld. If all three are disqualified, the Briton could gain the extra points required to crown him world champion instead of race winner Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

But speaking about the upcoming appeal today, FIA president Max Mosley downplayed the potential threat to Raikkonen's title.

"For us the world championship is over, the result is what it is," he said today. "A team presented an appeal; at the moment, this doesn't change anything - it's up to them to prove they are right."

Mosley also addressed the question of whether or not McLaren have the right to appeal the decision, given that they did not protest the results of the Brazilian Grand Prix.

"You could argue whether McLaren had a right to appeal," he said. "They could have protested the result, but they didn't. Apparently they didn't measure the temperature of the fuel.

"But even if the cars classified ahead of Hamilton would be excluded, would this change his position? The Court of Appeal will have to rule on that."

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:02 PM   #174
Mattk
Regular User

Haha! One would think girls would throw themselves at him, and alcohol companies would beg to have him endorse their booze.