Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 11-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #106
Daggernite
Regular User

Well it seems Loeb will not be taking part in Rally GB. Which is ashame. Full info here.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/rally/new...o1009394.shtml
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #107
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Well it seems Loeb will not be taking part in Rally GB. Which is ashame. Full info here.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/rally/new...o1009394.shtml
Its a shame
Old 11-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #108
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Loeb will join Citroen's works team next season when they re-enter rallying after a year out.
re-enter rallying after a year out? No Citroen team next year?
Old 11-16-2006, 02:15 PM   #109
Daggernite
Regular User

dutchmasterflex - The citroen works team has been absent this season, sure there has been the xsara but thats been run privatly by team kronos. Next season Citreon will be running there own team again with Loeb and the new C4 which should be intresting.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:08 PM   #110
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
An Estonian Rally portal posted a news about Markko Märtin returning in 2007. This hasn't been confirmed yet, but the rumor suggests he'll be driving for Mitsubishi on 12 of the 16 rallies.

Mitsubishi recently did do a test in France I think, so at least one part of the story is true. Here's the video: http://wrc.is.free.fr/posts/2006/11/...bishi-en-tests
Interesting, I really hope Markko comes back!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:14 PM   #111
Daggernite
Regular User

Yeah I feel bad for markko. Was'nt it the death of parks that made him quit? I would be nice to see him back, especially with mitusbishi since they have been away and are making a come back also.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:07 AM   #112
Daggernite
Regular User

Well now the drivers title and manufactuer title have both been won, rally GB is basically abit of fun I guess. There will be some drivers out there for points to rank higher, but the main intrest for rally fans is over. I cant believe how fast this season has gone by. Again, Loeb is like a god! I was really happy for Malcom wilson and the rest of the ford team, without doubt the focus was the best car this season. I think the Gronholm/Hirvenon duo is an awesome team and they work very well together. Im sure aslong as Loeb can drive the C4 aswell as he can the Xsara next year, the 2007 season will be another ford vs citroen clash, hopefully Solberg, Atkinson and the subaru team will have a better setup and sorted out there mechanical problems.

Im already waiting for the new season before this one ends, Ive just enjoyed this year so much, and thats mostly thanks to Ronin for his coverage which I would have missed, and I think its the fact I've seen every rally which has made me enjoy this season so much. So thanks Ronin I cant thank you enough.

So Rally GB next, Im 80% certain Im going to wales on 2nd of december to spectate stages 13/14 which is at the milenium stadium. Im looking forward to seeing the Fiesta ST,s taking on the stage aswell, of course, the top WRC drivers. I'll try gets some pictures and video.

I dont know what the actually point im trying to make here is... I think im just sad this season is coming to an end, but im excited that next year should be even better with more teams and new stages. Did all other JW rally fans find this year as good as what I did? what was your favourite momments?
Old 11-24-2006, 07:16 AM   #113
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ Jep Pirelli has always been the downside for Subaru, not the car itself
Old 11-24-2006, 08:05 AM   #114
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Yeah right. Especially so in recent years.
You wouldn't say so then?

Ive seen Subaru lose many rallies because of unnecessary punctures, the tyre just isn't competitive enough on some grounds. It was better on one condition, don't know which one though?
Old 11-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #115
TopGearNL
Regular User

Yeah right. Especially so in recent years.
You wouldn't say so then?

Ive seen Subaru lose many rallies because of unnecessary punctures, the tire just isn't competitive enough on some grounds. It was better on one condition, don't know which one though?
Come on. You can't blame all their bad luck on the tires. It's been as much Prodrives fault, they haven't been able to build a competitive and reliable car. Even Petter Solbergs own commentaries say so.

And what's an unnecessary puncture? A Michelin/BF Goodrich tire would blow the same if you hit a rock or a sharp edge or something, it's just been bad luck that they seem to stumble upon them.
True, we can't only blame the tire, but it was responsible for many of the bad luck moments. Prodrive is also guilty I agree, but the tires are more!

You call it bad luck, I call it lack of quality. But ok I can respect your opinion so lets see next season if Subaru will have more punctures then the others, since their using the same tire
Old 11-24-2006, 12:18 PM   #116
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Remember that next year Subaru will be using BF Goodridge like the rest of teams... and that the tyres have been its weak point over the last years!
Really! I did'nt know this. Personally I think this will benifit subaru. It was only last night I noticed the highest ranking pirreli driver was petter in 8th. 1st-7th was BF goodrich drivers. Also I think petter's aggressive driving style could be the reason to many mechanical faults and mistakes. If you notice in alot of corners where you see cars pass, they all seem to take the same line and so on, but then you see Petter and hes always going a bit faster it seems, with more angle on the car. Anyone else noticed this? is it just me? Its great to watch but I think Petters car gets pretty beat up.

But anyway. Im a subaru Supporter first, always ahve been, I hope Solberg and Phil Mills get a better result next year. Im sure he'll do better with better tires and more testing on the car. Maybe he will be at the top with Loeb and Gronholm?
Old 11-24-2006, 03:08 PM   #117
Daggernite
Regular User

^Grönholm has a more sideways driving style as well. I doubt that a more sideways style is causing problems like that. After all, rally cars have been going sideways for decades.
Yeah your probably right But if he was alittle bit more smoother and less agressive, maybe his car would last longer? I dunno. I hope the team sort the car out before 2007 anyway. The last car seemed invincable. Why is this one having so many problems?
Old 12-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #118
redbaron
Regular User

The Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 test car on BF Goodrich:

:arrow: http://usuarios.lycos.es/kernel_gdi/test7.html
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #119
redbaron
Regular User

^^
Hopefully it will be more of a battle between Ford and Citroen this year. I think Subaru will not match the speed of the Fords and Citroens again.... I do however hope Petter will show something in Norway next weekend, there is nothing better than a big fight at the top of the leaderboard.

BTW Isn't it time for a Official 2007 wrc thread?
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:58 PM   #120
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Yes, Grönholm has shown some good speed again in Sweden. Going to the last SSS with 49 seconds lead to Loeb. Maybe the Citroen's invincibility in Monte Carlo was not that serious.
Exactly what I was thinking! :shock:

Lets hope the C4 has some problems so that Ford can catch up or is faster.