Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 12-17-2005, 01:56 PM   #31
RAMMIUS
Regular User

@ GUCOM

BMI`s principal tester is Matahoru Kurosawa aka Gan San a very experienced driver and Ex F1 pilot.

They test on real circuits even Formula 1 like Suzuka, and when they test
non japanese cars they are objective , unlike their european counterparts.

Probably St Anger our Porsche expert wasn`t happy at all to see Porches beaten on track by older Ferrari`s , in circumstances defavourable for the cars produced in Maranello . meaning the car with the fastest time had the last position on the start grile.

But hey , just watch the video
Old 12-17-2005, 01:57 PM   #32
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
IMO, Ferraris have never been faster than Porsches, but instead have always offered greater driving pleasure. Each have their own virtues.

I recommend you to watch some Best Motoring videos to see how fing FAST Ferrari`s are compared to Porsche`s
Hmmmm.... like the time a black 360 Modena got raped in a straight line by a turbo? Or the time the F430 barely won against the 380 hp GT3 RS clubsport? And besides, I was referring to track times. I really don't care about acceleration. These cars are supposed to be made for racing, so its a little scandalous that Ferraris are that much slower around tracks than Porsches. The two brands may be neck to neck on a short circuit, but the gap only widens (in favor for Porsche) with a longer track.

Listen, as you probably know, I LOVE Ferrari, and its not like I'm trying to diss them. All I'm doing is being completely objective. The numbers do not lie. And don't believe this "german magazines are completely biased" crap, because blaming others never really gives much weight to an argument.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:58 PM   #33
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
If you think Best Motoring has anything to do with objective testing you have little clue. It's entertaining, but those laps have as much reference value as the Top Gear laptimes. Little to none.
D00de, the BM guys drive like shit, but they drive all cars equally shitty. I am amazed at how you put top gear and BM in the same boat...little to non reference? Sorry but if you think that way then I wont even bother to have a discussion....

I always saw BM as entertainment but little to non reference like top gear?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:00 PM   #34
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
as for the time, i too expected ferrari to be faster, and i too cant wait for hte 997TT's time on the 'Ring
It will be faster then the F-car. Porkers will always lap the ring faster then their couterpart F-car, is there even a logical reason for that not to be the case?
Old 12-17-2005, 02:08 PM   #35
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
IMO, Ferraris have never been faster than Porsches, but instead have always offered greater driving pleasure. Each have their own virtues.

I recommend you to watch some Best Motoring videos to see how fing FAST Ferrari`s are compared to Porsche`s
Hmmmm.... like the time a black 360 Modena got raped in a straight line by a turbo? Or the time the F430 barely won against the 380 hp GT3 RS clubsport? And besides, I was referring to track times. I really don't care about acceleration. These cars are supposed to be made for racing, so its a little scandalous that Ferraris are that much slower around tracks than Porsches. The two brands may be neck to neck on a short circuit, but the gap only widens (in favor for Porsche) with a longer track.

Listen, as you probably know, I LOVE Ferrari, and its not like I'm trying to diss them. All I'm doing is being completely objective. The numbers do not lie. And don't believe this "german magazines are completely biased" crap, because blaming others never really gives much weight to an argument.
Mate, your being as objective as me on a drunk saturday night.

I cant believe you even mention the F430 Vs. Clubsport "battle". Did you watch that even? Did you follow the discussion when that video was posted? lol man.....

And when did that rappage of the 360 take place? Damn all I remeber is them having a slight difference but to the eye a car length or two looks like something major.

You say a second difference at short track somehow makes a car that much faster? Do you know what goes into setting a proper lap time? Some two auto mag reviewrs going at it having only 20 hours experiance in each car = nothing.

Like RC once said.....damn Im quoting RC here.......all the new sports cars Z06s, 991s, F-Cars are run so close together that its all down to the driver to make up the difference.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:11 PM   #36
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
Hah - what a dissapointment. The acceleration was there but it cant even beat a Gallardo at Hockenheim with corsa tyres - that is nothing but horrible. Imagine what the Gallardo SE with corsa tyres and its shorter gear ratios will do to this thing, without even mentioning the 997 Turbo :roll: . Sorry, but the F430 got Gallardowned
That Audi junk wont be able to do jack shit to either the F430 or 997TT....Audi should stick to building Audis.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #37
SFDMALEX
Regular User

@ GUCOM

BMI`s principal tester is Matahoru Kurosawa aka Gan San a very experienced driver and Ex F1 pilot.

They test on real circuits even Formula 1 like Suzuka, and when they test
non japanese cars they are objective , unlike their european counterparts.

Probably St Anger our Porsche expert wasn`t happy at all to see Porches beaten on track by older Ferrari`s , in circumstances defavourable for the cars produced in Maranello . meaning the car with the fastest time had the last position on the start grile.

But hey , just watch the video
Well mate sorry but BM drivers drive like shit most of the time

However it is completly wrong to put BM in the same boat as Top Gear.

BM can give you a good idea of a cars performance but nothing concrete.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #38
st-anger
Regular User

hmmm, whenever i see a BM "comparison" thereīre......i donīt know 4 to 6 different drivers....... and all in all itīs more or less only show - i mean RAMMIUS i donīt know how skilled u are at the track meaning how many kmīs your have done in sportscars - i can tell u i have done some 100k km in cars like they test there therefore i think i can rank a driver just seeing him driving quite good as iīm not the worst driver myself - and when i see some of their sliding around and just catastrophic car control and feel - well sorry but they should better attend a decent racing school first and then try again.
i donīt know if uīd be in but i bet any youngster out of our motorsport program would beat them head to head easily........easily!!!
uīre talking like uīre quite into all that stuff but unfortunately i donīt see your point why u rate them so high? can u please comment on that in your upcomming post, donīt get me wrong, i definitely donīt just want to prove u wrong iīm only interested on the details of your estimation

another thing i clearly remember - their chief test driver Kurosawaīs been to date the only tester complaining in that form on the CGT - well, what a pitty when he can only handle the soft boiled cars with all their el. aids - itīs always quite funny seeing that they ALL leave PSM / TC on and not off quite a good indicator on how ambitious they are when they want to lap a clocked time - what he criticised on the GT is just ridiculous and then he even bought one for himself........ :roll:
itīs been just a pain in the ass when i saw his clocked lap at Suzuka, heīs been FAR away from the limit of the car especially on the brake !!!

personally i donīt have a problem when they do......whatever...... and when EVERY Porsche would loose even against a Ford Transit in their tests itīs like that, that industry donīt care at all and so do we, the only independent respected source for comparison is Sport Auto and their Supertest and i couldnīt think of any argument against that.

of course iīm open for all questions on all this and would be more than happy to participate in that discussion further
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:32 PM   #39
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
hmmm, whenever i see a BM "comparison" thereīre......i donīt know 4 to 6 different drivers....... and all in all itīs more or less only show - i mean RAMMIUS i donīt know how skilled u are at the track meaning how many kmīs your have done in sportscars - i can tell u i have done some 100k km in cars like they test there therefore i think i can rank a driver just seeing him driving quite good as iīm not the worst driver myself - and when i see some of their sliding around and just catastrophic car control and feel - well sorry but they should better attend a decent racing school first and then try again.
i donīt know if uīd be in but i bet any youngster out of our motorsport program would beat them head to head easily........easily!!!
You must be joking :shock: :shock: :shock:

What the hell are you saying?????

They are professional racers. Some of them have won at Le Mans, others have won the GT500 and the Super Taikyu.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:42 PM   #40
gucom
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Hah - what a dissapointment. The acceleration was there but it cant even beat a Gallardo at Hockenheim with corsa tyres - that is nothing but horrible. Imagine what the Gallardo SE with corsa tyres and its shorter gear ratios will do to this thing, without even mentioning the 997 Turbo :roll: . Sorry, but the F430 got Gallardowned
That Audi junk wont be able to do jack shit to either the F430 or 997TT....Audi should stick to building Audis.
sorry m8 but thats simply a stupid comment, i dont think its necessary for me to explain why... :roll:
Old 12-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #41
golfiste
Regular User

it is simple whait is yellow and comes from the rising sun is banned on jabba

car videos
golfiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:50 PM   #42
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas
Originally Posted by st-anger

They are professional racers. Some of them have won at Le Mans, others have won the GT500 and the Super Taikyu.
... i think without a racecar background they wouldnīt let them drive those tests and it definitely look good on the paper BUT i think we neednīt talk about the quality of their driving in the tests which is more or less a "letīs go out have fun" thing and not 110% concentrated on a real lap time
personally i think the main aim of BM should be entertaining track driving - and whatīs so bad about that anyways - but again - this driving and the result is far away from a decent test and a decent test is ONLY a valid lap time when talking about such cars...
compare this with e.g. a lap of TGīs "Stigg" i mean this guy is also a bit too much sideways for my taste in their videos - therefore slower...but well...

in the end they may be all good drivers and even when theyīve been F1 drivers (which has nothing to do with sports car driving ) - in their "shows" their hard work for a good lap time ranking cars is more or less only show...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:03 PM   #43
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
sorry m8 but thats simply a stupid comment, i dont think its necessary for me to explain why... :roll:
Stupid comment? How? Audi should stop trying to build super cars.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:04 PM   #44
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by gangajas

Doode listen to the man. They fucking suck! But they still arent as bad as Stig and top gear lap times.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:14 PM   #45
RAMMIUS
Regular User

There are some medium drivers there , but they only get the toys , the real cars are driven by competent drivers , in Japan this is how stuff works .
another thing i clearly remember - their chief test driver Kurosawaīs been to date the only tester complaining in that form on the CGT - what he criticised on the GT is just ridiculous and then he even bought one for himself........
Maybe he`s not the typical european ass kisser , and the guy knows a thing or two about how a sports car should be ?

I`ll give him credit
And I think he bought the car before testing that one .

itīs been just a pain in the ass when i saw his clocked lap at Suzuka, heīs been FAR away from the limit of the car especially on the brake !!!
Don`t mind if I ask , but how many laps of Suzuka do you have ? :roll:
Maybe he knows a little bit more than you , especially on that track , maybe the brakes didn`t reach the optimum temperature , or maybe he was just trying to know the car .

First you said
and when i see some of their sliding around
and then

itīs always quite funny seeing that they ALL leave PSM / TC on and not off

so these japanese drivers are quite good , if they manage to powerslide with PSM/TC put ON.

Not to mention that some don`t have nothing to switch off : the F40 and F50 that beat the crap out of Porsche .

Of course St Anger , youi`re a Porsche employee , very good for you , I don`t expect you to be objective

Take care