Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 10-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #46
nthfinity
Regular User

Yeah I would love to finally hear what time the Enzo could set around NS. I just still don't understand why one Enzo owner doesn't donate their car to find out for themselves!
read the beginning of the thread... the Enzo was not set up at all for NS, and would need to be set up specifically for NS, as it bottomed out quite a bit when Porsche barrowed an Enzo.

sorry to get peoples hopes up, i just was wondering if there was any updated info
Old 10-26-2005, 09:11 PM   #47
bmagni
Regular User

no time !?!?!?!
bah !!!
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:53 AM   #48
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
sorry to bump the topic, but is there any updates to this st-anger?
we've since heard about SA testing the Koenigsegg CCR in 7:34, and roumors of the Pagani Zonda F (clubsport?) running a 7:30
... well, times and all that is correct, i think uīve all seen the official statement of Koenigsegg and itīs probably true that the CCR will be faster when conditionsīll be a bit warmer next year, BUT - and i wonīt comment on that in detail but it simply has to be said - Ch.Koenigsegg should better make his car reliable than faster, i think i neednīt say more... :roll:

...about the Enzo ... ??? .... neverending story iīm afraid, many sources indicated a test in fall but .........well....nothing.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

..will let u guys know asap when somethingīs on the way...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:27 AM   #49
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
... well, times and all that is correct, i think uīve all seen the official statement of Koenigsegg and itīs probably true that the CCR will be faster when conditionsīll be a bit warmer next year, BUT - and i wonīt comment on that in detail but it simply has to be said - Ch.Koenigsegg should better make his car reliable than faster, i think i neednīt say more...
And it seems that Tiff Needell has the same opinion
Old 10-27-2005, 09:36 AM   #50
nthfinity
Regular User

thanks st-a
about the Koenigsegg, i dont think any more has to be said, really every time it makes an appearance on TV, they seem to be breaking... so i can only imagine how often it is in real life.

i also have a question about the lap reacord breaking: you said that the Enzo would need specific suspension geometries adjusted quite a bit for a good lap around NS... and Koenigsegg readily admits that they changed their suspension for it... would thier changes have been so severe that the car would no longer be able to be driven on the street? if the CGT recieved NS specific settings, it would be in the same arena, but 7-10 seconds faster then it already is?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:01 PM   #51
st-anger
Regular User

thanks st-a
about the Koenigsegg, i dont think any more has to be said, really every time it makes an appearance on TV, they seem to be breaking... so i can only imagine how often it is in real life.

i also have a question about the lap reacord breaking: you said that the Enzo would need specific suspension geometries adjusted quite a bit for a good lap around NS... and Koenigsegg readily admits that they changed their suspension for it... would thier changes have been so severe that the car would no longer be able to be driven on the street? if the CGT recieved NS specific settings, it would be in the same arena, but 7-10 seconds faster then it already is?
...well, of course overall setup would suffer a bit but in general a too "race car like" setup is unwanted on NS due to the very bumpy layout, so e.g. a too stiff race suspension is probably quite some seconds slower than a street setup, but of course u can work out a perfect NS setup and be sure Porsche did their homework on the GT, so donīt think that the current setup is the only one around ...
with optimal tires in combination with that special suspension i KNOW that the GT would be at least 10sec faster but PAG placed the GT as supercar for everyday and not a pure racing machine - some ( incl. myself ) may say: "unfortunately..."

Yann, what about your comment on TN, what did he say ??? can u give me the link to that interview or something like that, would love to know the exact words from him, thx in advance...
Porsche 911
Old 10-27-2005, 12:36 PM   #52
nthfinity
Regular User

thanks st-a

...well, of course overall setup would suffer a bit but in general a too "race car like" setup is unwanted on NS due to the very bumpy layout, so e.g. a too stiff race suspension is probably quite some seconds slower than a street setup, but of course u can work out a perfect NS setup and be sure Porsche did their homework on the GT, so donīt think that the current setup is the only one around ...
with optimal tires in combination with that special suspension i KNOW that the GT would be at least 10sec faster but PAG placed the GT as supercar for everyday and not a pure racing machine - some ( incl. myself ) may say: "unfortunately..."

Yann, what about your comment on TN, what did he say ??? can u give me the link to that interview or something like that, would love to know the exact words from him, thx in advance...
http://www.jabbasworld.net/dload.php...e&file_id=1280
theres the link with Tiff's comments (just from this weeks episode)
thanks for the quick reply
that special NS setup on the GT; does PAG give that info to private owners on request?
Michelin makes the only tire approved for the Carerra GT. They feature a soft compound rubber on the outer one third of the tread. It is suggested by Porsche that these tires need replacement every 15000 miles.
was there another compound PAG was working with michelin during the development... this suggests that there is only one choice tire?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:43 PM   #53
st-anger
Regular User

thanks st-a

http://www.jabbasworld.net/dload.php...e&file_id=1280
theres the link with Tiff's comments (just from this weeks episode)
thanks for the quick reply
that special NS setup on the GT; does PAG give that info to private owners on request?
Michelin makes the only tire approved for the Carerra GT. They feature a soft compound rubber on the outer one third of the tread. It is suggested by Porsche that these tires need replacement every 15000 miles.
was there another compound PAG was working with michelin during the development... this suggests that there is only one choice tire?
thx for the link, will dl it later...

u have PM on the GT question as weīre not in the right Area here

of course there were many many compounds and other brands involved in testing and selecting process but the Michelins with "N0" spec were the best overall ( mainly wet- ) tire...
Porsche 911