Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
htfaber
Regular User

Default Ferrari F430 - media pics

Ferrari has released some pictures of the Ferrari F430.

(below you can see the pics)

The number refers to the cylinders of the V8: 4,3 litre. It produces 490 bhp which is 114 bhp/litre and it gives a power to weight ratio of 2,8 bhp/kg.
It has an electronic differential and a system with which you can adjust damper settings with buttons on the steering wheel. This system is called "marinetto". The gearbox will shift gears in 150 msec, accelerate from 0-100 in 4,0 sec to a top speed of 315 km/h.
In comparison the Lamborghini Gallardo will do it in 4,2 sec and to a top speed of 309 km/h and the Porsche 911 Turbo in 4,2 sec with a top speed of 305 km/h.

Looks like Ferrari has got another winner on their hands!

Old 08-23-2004, 06:49 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

A bit small to be 100% sure, but those are not pics of a real car IMO...

Any high-res?
Old 08-23-2004, 06:52 PM   #3
htfaber
Regular User

I don't have any bigger ones, I got them from a dutch carsite http://www.autoweek.nl/newsdisp.php?cache=no&ID=2693

As for the pictures, I do think they are real, I got to admit they are small but I think it's the real deal!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:57 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

Dunno.. look at those front lights and air vents.. they just look fake.. it seems just a good render to me.. even the shadows seems wrong.. maybe it's just me...
Old 08-23-2004, 07:11 PM   #5
htfaber
Regular User

I've checked it out at the site of Auto Motor und Sport and they have the same news including a couple of new pics.

I have got to admit that these are probably not real pictures. If you look at the seats in the 3rd picture, they just doesn't look real. But I can't get around that this will be the final looks of the car.

In that case I really like it. I've had my doubts about the rear, but seen from this angle it looks really cool. But F430 on the side mirror? hmm, not really my taste.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:12 PM   #6
HoboPie
Regular User

That is like all the Ferrari media pics. The Enzo were in the exact same style and the car looks just like the pics from Mexico and more importantly like the Ferrari private unveiling.

I think it looks awesome.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:15 PM   #7
budagboy2
Regular User

i cant see anything
Old 08-23-2004, 07:17 PM   #8
styla21
Regular User

i think it's a very close rendition htfaber, not sure if it's the 100% finished product though. Thankyou for the pics mate
Old 08-23-2004, 07:21 PM   #9
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by HoboPie
That is like all the Ferrari media pics. The Enzo were in the exact same style and the car looks just like the pics from Mexico and more importantly like the Ferrari private unveiling.

I think it looks awesome.
Yes it looks the same as the one in mexico , the car is truly dissapointing , love the F430 logo tho , it remings the F40 ones , but a logo in the mirrors ? that is not good

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:22 PM   #10
htfaber
Regular User

Hi budagboy2, I can't see the pictures either, but I can't figure out why it isn't working. Does everyone has the same problem and pasts the url or can you see all the pics?
Old 08-23-2004, 07:24 PM   #11
budagboy2
Regular User

Now i see, car looks verrry nice
Old 08-23-2004, 07:26 PM   #12
PATo355
Regular User

TT they are the real thing , look at this papparazi pics with a cell phone ( are they stupid )

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #13
sameerrao
Regular User

Here you go ...

I like the new car. It looks like a development of the Modena. The pics we saw earlier were pretty awful.

the F430 typed on the mirror is reminescent of the F40 script on its rear spoiler.

Now the Ford GT has competition. Pity the persons who paid about 40K extra for a Stradale..

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 08-23-2004, 07:31 PM   #14
PATo355
Regular User

What about this one ?

Quote from supercar forums

Car was presented to a select group of customers in Maranello on tuesday 20th july. Called the 430 Modena, it weighs in at 1350 kg dry and has 490 bhp (euro). It has an electronically controlled diff that the driver can adjust from the thingypit. The back is enzo - like and the front too (notably the lights). Power to weight ratio is equal to that of a CS.

Old 08-23-2004, 07:31 PM   #15
bmagni
Regular User

i dont think the pics are real, they do look like all the ferrari media pics but someone can do that to fool people.... also the f430 logo in the mirrors looks awful, thats ricer shit...
Closed Thread