Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 05-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #16
Toronto
Regular User

xbox 360 will be better, heck the new xbox will be better then most peoples home PC's
also halo 3 will come out the same day ps3 comes out...
going to be good for the game stores
Old 05-17-2005, 04:07 PM   #17
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
And what about Mario Kart ?? I had so much fun with this game !!
I could never get into that game. All my mates at Uni were mad over it, I was more of a FIFA '97 / Brian Laras Cricket kind of person...

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

^^^ FIFA for Nintendo64 - I forgot about that -- a really fun soccer game.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 05:22 PM   #19
Anonymous

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by evoWALO
Originally Posted by RC45
It also confirmed the machine would be backward-compatible all the way to the original PlayStation.
This alone is worth the price of entry.

Sony and PD may redeem themselves yet..
In that case RC... you'll love Nintendo's new console. It'll allow you to play all Nintendo's games from the NES to the GameCube.
Except there were never any decent Nintendo games out there
Rubbish, you cannot beat Duck Hunt with the gun for NES, probably politically incorrect now tho I still have my NES and games somewhere........

flash version for nostalgia http://www.ebaumsworld.com/duckhunt.html
Old 05-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mers
For u guys to have an idea...the PS3 has the grahic capability of two GeForce 6800 Ultra, the most powerful graphics card on the market today...1080 progressive res.
and the processor has 13 times the amount of teraflops than the XBOX 360...
Just proves that consoles are shit. Their card is going to be on par with one of the most powerfull video cards on the market today? I have to say I am not impressed at all.

I've had a 6600GT running at 6800 speed(not the pipes though ) for some time now. By the time this comes out Ill be playing with with a video card 2 generations ahead of what they have in the works right now.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #21
HoboPie
Regular User

I'm pretty hyped about the PS3, but I'm a little worried as I think the only realtime footage was the UT2K7. It was very good and shows that the system has a ton of power, but where as Gears of War looked about half a step past it, Killzone looked a full step.

One comfort is that Epic has vouched for all the visuals in the PS3 and 360 claiming that at final each systerm can at least do everything they have shown so far.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:15 PM   #22
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
For u guys to have an idea...the PS3 has the grahic capability of two GeForce 6800 Ultra, the most powerful graphics card on the market today...1080 progressive res.
Just proves that consoles are shit. Their card is going to be on par with one of the most powerfull video cards on the market today? I have to say I am not impressed at all.

I've had a 6600GT running at 6800 speed(not the pipes though ) for some time now. By the time this comes out Ill be playing with with a video card 2 generations ahead of what they have in the works right now.
um... the xbox 360 is going to have a better ATi card then anyone you can buy up until it comes out... hence ATi is going to be selling their NEW card as "seen in the xbox 360" xbox graphics will piss on ps3
Old 05-17-2005, 10:21 PM   #23
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX

um... the xbox 360 is going to have a better ATi card then anyone you can buy up until it comes out... hence ATi is going to be selling their NEW card as "seen in the xbox 360" xbox graphics will piss on ps3
Xbox had better graphics than PS2, but that didn't really mean diddly squat, did it?

Sony has what? Gran Turismo? Tekken? Virtua Fighter? Soul Calibur? Final Fantasy? Metal Gear? Dragon Ball? Pro Evo Soccer/Football? The list goes on and on...

What does Xbox have? BMX XXX? DOA Volleyball? Please.

If you wanted good graphics go watch bloody Shrek. If you want to play damn good games, buy a PS3.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:35 PM   #24
Toronto
Regular User

^^^ sport games are better on XBOX IMO, and halo rules all FPS and so are GTA games.
I prob. will end up getting both, hell I have both now
just xbox games will look better. if a game comes out for both xbox and ps3 I will always get the xbox one
Old 05-18-2005, 01:20 AM   #25
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by HoboPie
I'm pretty hyped about the PS3, but I'm a little worried as I think the only realtime footage was the UT2K7. It was very good and shows that the system has a ton of power, but where as Gears of War looked about half a step past it, Killzone looked a full step.

One comfort is that Epic has vouched for all the visuals in the PS3 and 360 claiming that at final each systerm can at least do everything they have shown so far.
I just read a little while ago that all of what was shown about Killzone was entirely CG. A bit of a downer, but I'm sure it'll still look damn good.

Gears of War is looking all sorts of kickass, not just in graphics. It looks like it'll be a damn fun game.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:40 AM   #26
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
^^^ sport games are better on XBOX IMO, and halo rules all FPS and so are GTA games.
I prob. will end up getting both, hell I have both now
just xbox games will look better. if a game comes out for both xbox and ps3 I will always get the xbox one
Well, if you're getting both systems, then the comparison point doesn't mean diddly squat either. :p

Thing is, if you're like 80% of the gaming population (kids who depend on either their allowance or parents to pay for the systems), you're only going to get one console.

Which in this case, would be the one with the best (and most) exclusives, and that would be the PS3.

BTW, I found this on another forum:

Thanks for that m(_ _)m Your find is the most informative description yet, and it has helped me understand the numbers behind the systems a lot more than I did before.

So in short:

Sony’s PS3 processor is stronger than Microsoft’s XBOX 360.

Microsoft’s XBOX 360’s ATI graphics core maybe capable of 48-pipelines while Sony’s PS3’s Nvidia graphics processor might have just 24-pipelines.

Sony & Microsoft have taken different roads, but their memory power seems to be equal.

The PS3 supports 6 USB 2.0 ports, a memory stick slot, an SD slot, compact flash, and a removable HD (TBA). The XBOX 360 supports two memory card slots (memory starts at 64MB), 3 USB 2.0 slots, plus 20GB HD.

The PS3 will support Blu-ray media (54GB) and the XBOX 360 will support dual layer DVDs (9GB). Both systems will support all conventional CDs and DVD, and even user created DVDs.

The PS3’s A/V output hookups have two HDMI outputs working simultaneously outputting 1080p video streams allowing for dual-screen HDTV gaming! XBOX 360’s A/V hasn’t been finalized, but it is expected to be more practical with its 720p and 1080i supports.

The PS3 has a built-in Ethernet adapter, and also includes an 802.11 b/g wireless adapter. The XBOX 360 also has a built-in Ethernet adapter, but with the 802.11 a/b/g wireless adapter at an extra cost.

Wow! That’s a lot to digest But it looks like the XBOX 360 only beats the PS3 in one area: graphics.

But I’m sure we all know that it’ll all come down to video game programmers to find ways around a machines handicap to make it shine through in the end—isn’t the PS2 an inferior machine to the XBOX now? It sure is putting up quite a fight!

I must admit, before the stats came out, I had already decided on purchasing a PS3. I love Sony products, and I love my PS2! The lineup of games is pretty damn sweat to boot. Although, I’m a little worried about the cost of games (Blu-ray disks aren’t cheap), I’m happy Sony has chosen to go with Blu-ray. I’m all for more content in games. Wasn’t the reason Tekken 5 has only what it has is because of the limitations of DVD I’m not complaining! Tekken 5 has a lot of goodies.

I wonder if the days of console exclusive titles are now over. It looks like Square Enix has made a deal with Microsoft and has agreed to offer Final Fantasy to the new system too. I was never really a fan of console exclusive titles, so I hope it does become a trend in the future

kuri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You didn't read the article too well.

While the ATI chip used in the X360 has 48 pipelines, they are in fact weaker than the pipelines in the Nvidea chip. Basically they increased the pipelines, but decreased their power, perhaps speed? But it's stlil too early to tell if it's "better" or not. From waht I've seen, no, it's not...but we'll see.
We've got one side saying that the 360 will have better graphics, while another saying it would be the PS3.

I myself saw the news report about the consoles on BBC, and they showed a few clips, and they reckoned that the PS3 had better graphics than the 360.

If that holds true... that means there would be no reason to buy the 360 except for Halo.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:09 PM   #27
5vz-fe
Regular User

Old 05-18-2005, 06:39 PM   #28
666fast
Regular User

I myself saw the news report about the consoles on BBC, and they showed a few clips, and they reckoned that the PS3 had better graphics than the 360.

If that holds true... that means there would be no reason to buy the 360 except for Halo.

There is far more to a game than it's graphics buddy. The consoles power means diddly squat if the developers can't make use of it. The Playstations are well known to be difficult to work with.
Graphics schmaphics, if the game is good, I'll play it.

Fanboys are funny. My console is way more powerfull!!!!1! Who cares? Buy what you want and let others do the same.

The clips you saw on TV are rarely ever gameplay footage, which doesn't look nearly as good as a cinematic.

It's been rumored that the PS3 will cost 465USD in Japan! At the moment, I plan on getting on if there are games that I want to play. I highly doubt I'll pick one up on launch day though.

I could care less about facts and figures of a consoles insides. Right now, the hype machine is in overdrive, so things tend to get blown out of proportion. If history has taught us anything, it's that you should take Sony's claims with a grain of salt. Emotion Engine anyone? Real time "Toy Story" like graphics? :roll:

I'll decide if a console is any good when I have the thing hooked up to my TV.

Right now, my concerns with the PS3 are:
1. Is the controller as uncomfortable as it looks?

2. Will I have the money to buy one? I won't be surprised if it's $500, and thats a big turnoff, but in the end, it wouldn't stop me if it had games I really wanted to play.

I do plan on getting the Xbox 360. No idea if I'll get it on launch day, disposable income will play a major role in that decision. But as of right now, I'm not entirely sold on the PS3.

BTW, I'm the only one who finds it baffling that Sony hasn't yet announced their own version of Online service much like Xbox Live?
Old 05-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #29
ViperASR
Regular User

XBOX 360 is going to be better in my opinion. I LOVE my XBOX (pissed i cant play GT4 thoug), but its not supposed to me a complete redo of the XBOX. think of it as a XBOX 1.5. As for Playstation, i have never really been a fan. They have had a few good games, games that alomst made me go and get one...... Plus HALO 3 is commin out the same time as PS3

And the release date of the XBOX 360 is some time in november. Anyone have any idea about the $$$$$

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:14 PM   #30
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
One the game pad thing....I can assure you its probably great to use dude....for my ps1 I bought a Alps gamepad that one looked alot like this one and I never used the stock game pad on ps1 sadly it didnt work on ps2 when I bought that one......

this pad looks like it got the same form as my beloved Alps pad so Im looking forward to getting it......
I hope you are right. Looking at the pictures, it looks like it would be uncomfortable to hold and hit the shoulder buttons. (R1,L2,etc)
Being able to hook my Dualshock controllers up to it if I don't like the new ones would be nice.

And the release date of the XBOX 360 is some time in november. Anyone have any idea about the $$$$$
Price hasn't been announced yet.