Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 12-05-2004, 10:09 AM   #1
philios55
Regular User

Default Car & Driver: Ferrari 430

philios55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:16 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

umm...you have the same page twice.

EDIT: not anymore.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:01 PM   #3
HoboPie
Regular User

I just took a look at the C&D Murcielago test. It is kind of scary how much quicker that F430 is than the Murcielago.

At 150mph it has the Lambo by 3 seconds. Of course the Enzo has the F430 by 3 seconds.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #4
SilviaEvo
Regular User

the Ferrari owns all! kinda ironic that an American Car has the best gas mileage out of the three.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:43 PM   #5
allanlambo
Regular User

Originally Posted by HoboPie
I just took a look at the C&D Murcielago test. It is kind of scary how much quicker that F430 is than the Murcielago.

At 150mph it has the Lambo by 3 seconds. Of course the Enzo has the F430 by 3 seconds.
If you really think the ferrari will beat the Murcielago, you are crazy. read the article, and you will see that the track is going downhill where they test it. Also, the straight at Fiorano is not long enough to do a full 1/4 mile test, so they get those figures by using their computer.
02 Murcielago
03 1/2 Lotus TT 500HP
07 Escalade
allanlambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:59 PM   #6
FordGTGuy

looks like another ferrari that the ford gt has under it so now the ford gt is between the 430 and the enzo. I wonder will ferrari make a v8 super car to go agaisnt the ford gt that would be kewl.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:00 PM   #7
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Allanlambo you are an idiot.

The Galardo will beat the Murc. A 360CS will beat the Murc. Murcielago is a big, a fat automobile with a lot of power. Very American. If you actually think that F430 wont beat the Galardo, then I'll say it again. You are an idiot.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 04:01 PM   #8
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by FordGTGuy
looks like another ferrari that the ford gt has under it so now the ford gt is between the 430 and the enzo. I wonder will ferrari make a v8 super car to go agaisnt the ford gt that would be kewl.
The F430 is the V8 supercar that will throw the GT a beating!
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 04:08 PM   #9
allanlambo
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Allanlambo you are an idiot.

The Galardo will beat the Murc. A 360CS will beat the Murc. Murcielago is a big, a fat automobile with a lot of power. Very American. If you actually think that F430 wont beat the Galardo, then I'll say it again. You are an idiot.
You are an Idiot. The Gallardo will not beat the Murci in any shape or form. A 360Cs will beat a Murci? Hmmmm lets see:
Auto Motor Sport Nurburgring:
Murci=7.50
Gallardo=7.52
Autocar achieved 7.43.5 in a Murci

360CS on race compound tires=7.56 by Auto Motor Sport.

Hockenheim, both the Murci and gallardo beat the the 360CS. Its not even in the same league.

Also, notice how Ferrari makes the testers use Ferraris controlled conditions to test their cars. When you see real tests, the 430 will be significantly slower.

And as for showing the Gt a beating........lol, you wish.
02 Murcielago
03 1/2 Lotus TT 500HP
07 Escalade
Old 12-05-2004, 04:13 PM   #10
FordGTGuy

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by FordGTGuy
The F430 is the V8 supercar that will throw the GT a beating!
by the stats its not plus the ford gt still hasn't harnsed all its power.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:16 PM   #11
ice
Regular User

First, the slope of the track means nothign, in fact, the slope is so gradual it makes no difference. The Enzo, in the so called controlled testing got a best time of 3.39 seconds to 60 on the journalist day, while most magazines either tied it or bettered it, and thier 0-150 mph were all faster then ferrari's quoted numbers.

Also, the Enzo's mfr numbers were 0-60 in 3.7 while it always got 3.3 or better. The F430's is 4.0, so a 3.5 is entirely likely.

And all that nurburgring and hochenheim stuff is crap. Ferrari's arent built with those types of tracks in mind, and all the new lambo;s are essentially built on those tracks, in the Audi tradition. You need only look at the best motoring test of a stock 360, gallardo and murc on the track, where the gallrdo narrowly loses, and the 360, not even a CS, is less then 3 seconds behind.

And this isnt the only example. Lambo's already taken a lot of heat because the Gallardo and Murc are so close in looks and performance, in fact most in the industry believe that they are canabalizing sales from eachother. Why spend such more money on a Murc when u get the nearly the same speed, better hanlding and to some a better looking car, all from he same manufacturer. Are scissor doors responsible for that hike in price?

In the end, lambo, ford and the liek would kill to have a car liek the 430, and it is already the benchmark. The Gt narrowly beat the CS in most competitions despite being much faster in a straight line, and much cheaper too. Now comes a better looking 360, with more torque, more hp, better handling and overall an even more focused driving experience. The GT's lack of character and its overall more relaxed demeanor will cause it to not come close. C&D isnt the first magazine taht has compared the F430 to the F40 and F50, and so maybe the performance difference betwen them and the F430 isnt so big.

Now, when the 600 IMOLA comes, it will have more then 600 hp, or around there. Expect 0-60 in about the same as the F430, but a top speed in the 210's.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 05:31 PM   #12
FordGTGuy

Ford GT with no character?? the ford gt does handle good and the ford doesn't need to kill to have a car like the 430 because they have a better one
Old 12-05-2004, 05:43 PM   #13
allanlambo
Regular User

Omg, you have lost your mind. Downward slope makes no difference? LOL, then why wouldnt Ferrari let them do the test in the other direction? Ferrari's arent made for tracks like the nurburgring and Hockenheim? LOL Then what tracks are they made for? Only Ferraris track, where they can be tested under the strictest of Ferraris rules, with their test drivers, so that they can get the absolute best numbers which no one else can achieve.

Then you bring up best Motoring? A totally made for entertainment scenario at best, and even then the Ferrari got killed by just about everyone, and you say only 3 seconds behind? LOL

My guess, is that when real tests hit, the 430 will be a 4 second 0-60 car, 0-100 in 9 sec, 1/4 in the low 12's at 118-119 mph. Quick, but not that quick.

As for the Gt, i love lamborghini, and am not a real fan of the Gt, but the Gt cannot be denied its performance crown, as it will not beat, it will DESTROY a 430. Shouldnt even be mentioned in the same breath.
02 Murcielago
03 1/2 Lotus TT 500HP
07 Escalade
Old 12-05-2004, 06:00 PM   #14
sameerrao
Regular User

I think I agree with Allanlambo here (Oh boy! am I in trouble )

I am always suspicious of C&D numbers - they always seem to be half a second or so quicker than anyone else. And yes the slope on the circuit will make a difference but it might be about 2 tenths max. Lets get some numbers from Road & Track or Autocar or someone else first before commenting.

I think the Murcie should beat the F430 but the Gallardo might be neck and neck.

And remember this is a pre-production car so I will wait till the production one comes out and a proper test before commenting too much on this.

Besides the difference between 3.5 0-60 and 4.0 0-60 is marginal at best.

Peace y'all

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 06:40 PM   #15
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Ferrari is better period. haha my prejudice mind agrees with Jeremy Ferrari is a scaled down version of God. but the Lambos are nice but they just cant compare. but obviously the Ford is the best but keep in mind the Ferrari is only a V8 but if you put a V12 against a V12 (Murci) then you have teh Enzo which blows everything away