Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-18-2004, 04:30 PM   #1
No.1
Regular User

Default Ferrari Enzo - Beautiful or a Travesty?

hey... lets hear what you have to think about the Enzo. A sell out or a ferrari triumph.
Is it pure enought with TCS, ABS etc... or do you think that the 288GTO was the greatest drivers ferrari ever?

[/img]
No.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 04:31 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

car chat? ...
Old 02-18-2004, 04:57 PM   #3
i_hate_the_enzo
Regular User

well...i think everyone knows my opinions on the enzo...
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6869

but ive decided that that was kind of dumb to say that, i was asking to get a shot to the face for saying that in public...

if anyone hates me, your allowed, but remember, jesus still loves me (because he has to)...
i_hate_the_enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 06:58 PM   #4
HoboPie
Regular User

I think the Enzo is fine the way it is. If they made a stripped out version I wouldn't mind, but if it sacraficed all out performance to do that I wouldn't like it as much.

I think it was one of the other Ferrari drivers in th Evo contest that said "The Enzo is the angriest most manic road car I have ever driver" or something to that effect. I don't think it is really toned down or sanitised too much.

I do find their comment about the 288 GTO a bit suspect. There are people on other forums that actually own some of these cars and think that some of the comments were a little ridiculous. They believed that the driver would have to be pretty incompetent to not be able to take a car like an F40 quicker than a 288GTO even on normal winding roads.

Well they didn't go that far, but they didn't believe someone with moderate skill would have trouble taking an Enzo or F40 quicker than a GTO even on bad roads.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:24 PM   #5
FerrariFerrari
Regular User

Ferrari's line of "extreme sports cars" has sufford a little bit
from regulations put into play by the politicians, but I think it
has overcome those obsticles with the Enzo and finely made
a car that's better than the F40. You can never cross the same
bridge twice, the F40 is no exception, so you have to change
the formula a bit, and change is what some people find objec-
tionable about the Enzo.
FerrariFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 07:55 PM   #6
cavallino
Regular User

The Enzo is a great car and I would never turn one down. But my favorite Ferrari of all time is still the 288 GTO.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:01 PM   #7
dylan99
Regular User

These are two cars that were/are built in 2 different generations therefor I like the Enzo more and it is now the most exhilarating Ferrari ever just as the 288GTO was in his days. The GTO is still remebered because it is beautiful and the performance/engineering was more than outstanding - in short - it is a classic. Hopefully the Enzo will be a classic too but I dont doubt that it wont be.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #8
astonmartinandy
Regular User

You can't really admire the Enzo the way you could Ferrari's of old. With the Enzo, function far exceeds form in the designer's view, which on one hand makes the car look agressive and explosive, but then loses the grace of old Ferraris. Beautiful it isn't, but horny and violent it is!
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 03:09 PM   #9
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

The Enzo is a definite Ferrari triumph. Incredible performance with all the beauty that Ferraries are famous for.