Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-04-2005, 12:38 AM   #61
graywolf624
Regular User

What a shame.. I agree with everyone above, this will reflect badly on ford regardless of it not technically being there fault but rather the fault of rousch who is servicing the unit and the maker of the aftermarket security system. That being said if Jermey really likes the car he should just remove the security system and install a different one.. I also wonder if he has an alterior motive.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:39 AM   #62
pharzo
Regular User

Ha, i was just thinking of a guy i know from school...

His dad had a top model s-slass...don't know exactly which one but 500 at least. All the boxes on the options list were ticked as well...They had it shipped over from the US...given that germany is a ...little closer...i think you can guess the level of intelligence here :roll: So his dad gets a call from the guys...twice...telling him that his car is being stolen. The guy thought it was a prank!! So he just hung up on them...
The guys got away with his car...apparently they tracked it somewhere but nothing ever came of it. Just goes to show you what type of people get these alarm systems....nejcdolinsek can corroborate this story if he ever gets out of his slovenia

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:45 AM   #63
5vz-fe
Regular User

^^I thought u have to pay for those tracking service. Geez......I know free service usually are crappy, but paying money to get annoyed, that's unacceptable.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:53 AM   #64
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
I also wonder if he has an alterior motive.
My money is on this
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:11 AM   #65
sads
Regular User

Well with 125k spair in his wallet I guess he'll be thinking Ferrari but I reckon he should go for the DB9 after all we all know how much he loves that car
Old 07-04-2005, 01:50 AM   #66
sentra_dude

I don't think JC had an ulterior motive by getting rid of the GT. I would be pretty damn pissed if I just paid $150K for a car and the damn alarm started going off all the time, Yes, its an aftermarket alarm and all that stuff, and he could have taken it off blah blah, but that's how the car came. If something breaks, you normally take it to the dealer, and you'd expect that to fix the problem, especially considering this is not a cheap car. Why should he have to take the alarm off, even if its useless, it should be the dealer's responsibility to get the car working!

I might not go as far as he did, but I would still be damn pissed and certainly never buy another Ford product.

As to the F430 - I'm pretty sure that's just the usual JC way of saying "I like this car"; he tends to exaggerate things.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:41 AM   #67
RC45
Regular User

The fact he "returned it for a refund" proves he really wasn't that into keeping the car.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #68
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
The fact he "returned it for a refund" proves he really wasn't that into keeping the car.
one of 28 official cars... and what happens to most of the cars that TG presenters buy... they are sold off, rather quickly it seems.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:38 AM   #69
JaguarEtype
Regular User

LOL typical, ford cant build a super car, even if it gets half a dozen other companies to do it for them
there are only a few good american cars the original GT40.. built in britain (to beat ferrari)
and the AC cobra... which was originaly made by the british company AC Ace then some guy in the US slapped a V8 in it
its like the best american VTOL aircraft.. the british harrier (is there a theme??)

i honestly think if jerremy really wanted it.. he'd save up the half million pounds and get an original GT40, atleast they worked

i only recently downloaded the clip of the GT (top gear clip) and the only thing that came to mind was the fact it was too bloody high.. it just looked completely out of proportion. that and why the hell make a new old car, especially when the old one won everything and was brilliant, thus you cant possibly re-capture it and your wasting your time trying. that and it shows that ford isnt very innovative in car aesthetics
JaguarEtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:32 PM   #70
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by JaguarEtype
i honestly think if jerremy really wanted it.. he'd save up the half million pounds and get an original GT40, atleast they worked
He would but he couldn't fit in one, except for the one with the bubble.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote