Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 02-17-2006, 12:50 AM   #1
a007apl
Regular User

Default New MetallicA album -> News

METALLICA: Late '06 Release w/ Rick Rubin?

Rumors continue to circulate that METALLICA have finally ended their working relationship with producer Bob Rock and are in talks with Rick Rubin (SYSTEM OF A DOWN, SLIPKNOT, SLAYER, AUDIOSLAVE, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS) about producing the group's next effort, the follow-up to the much-maligned "St. Anger".

It was as far back as last October that the first rumblings of a METALLICA/Rubin collaboration reached BLABBERMOUTH.NET, and the rumors have been gaining strength ever since. Adding fuel to these reports is the fact that Rock is scheduled to spend a good portion of 2006 working on the new CD from MÖTLEY CRÜE, which is expected to surface sometime next year.

In a September 2005 interview with the METALLICA fan club magazine So What!, METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich was asked point-blank if Bob Rock's name had been discused for the group's next album.

"I would say that Bob Rock will always be our producer," Ulrich replied. "You know it's almost like default. It's not whether he should produce, it's more whether he shouldn't produce it. So I would expect Bob Rock to produce it unless he's not interested."

In the same interview, Ulrich spoke highly of the most recent albums by SLIPKNOT and SYSTEM OF A DOWN — both of which were produced by Rubin — citing them as particularly inspiring in terms of making him "look forward to paying a little more attention to the sonics" next time around.

METALLICA officially began the songwriting process for their new album late last year and are expected to spend the next few months compiling ideas before entering the final recording stage. A late 2006/early 2007 release via Warner Bros. is expected.

source: www.blabbermouth.net
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:26 AM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

im thinking of saying 'thank god'
but, in all honesty, i do like st-anger... well, minus the title track... and the songs live are easily 100x better with the concert massive distortion... now that is'raw'

i definately look forward to the next albumn

thanks hunter!
Old 02-17-2006, 02:26 AM   #3
Fleischmann
Regular User

I never really lied metallica, they always were a rather average band to me. As for St-Anger was it just me or the effect they got from the drums was pathetic. I know it was done intentionally, but it sounded like a 3 year old playing, smacking away with a pen on a desk.

I'm much more interested in the fast approaching 4th album by Godsmack, the first song has already been released for streaming: http://www.godsmack.com/news/news.asp?item=14720 (.wma or .rm) The official release date is 25th April.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:10 AM   #4
racer_f50
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
I never really lied metallica, they always were a rather average band to me. As for St-Anger was it just me or the effect they got from the drums was pathetic. I know it was done intentionally, but it sounded like a 3 year old playing, smacking away with a pen on a desk.

I'm much more interested in the fast approaching 4th album by Godsmack, the first song has already been released for streaming: http://www.godsmack.com/news/news.asp?item=14720 (.wma or .rm) The official release date is 25th April.
That's funny in a way, because I've always thought of Metallica as the greatest of all time, and Godsmack as just an average, every-song-sounds-alike band Honestly, I listened to their first big CD one time, and none of the songs stood out as being creative or different from the others.

I will agree on the drum sounds of St. Anger. If they'd have deepened those or quieted them a bit the album would sound far better, but I still love it.

Whoever produces it, I'm really looking forward to the new Metallica album
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by racer_f50
Originally Posted by Fleischmann

That's funny in a way, because I've always thought of Metallica as the greatest of all time, and Godsmack as just an average, every-song-sounds-alike band Honestly, I listened to their first big CD one time, and none of the songs stood out as being creative or different from the others.

I will agree on the drum sounds of St. Anger. If they'd have deepened those or quieted them a bit the album would sound far better, but I still love it.

Whoever produces it, I'm really looking forward to the new Metallica album
i've seen metallica... um... a lot of times and godsmack twice... godsmack songs have a tendancy to blend in with each other... part of what makes Metallica one of the all time greats is the fact that their music is anything but consistant... time changes, tempo changes, key changes... all of it brought about by the advent of recording some cool riff on tape... then putting all the parts together.... ITS AWSOME... and was in thier last albumn quite a lot... but the distortion/drums... oh... and leads that werent there... at least they were there live