Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 04-01-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
philip
Regular User

Default Shooter

Saw this tonight. I enjoyed it. Couldn't get anyone to go with me because of the weak reviews.

Reasonably plausible. The shooter is like Jason Borne only better trained with a rifle. Lots an lots of action including lots of action with the Barrett sniper rife.

Much better than Smokin Aces which I liked. More intrigue. Got a little preachy at the end. "no Republicans or Democrats just one party, those who have"

Plenty of surprises. Lots of exploding body sniper shots.

I'm going to buy the DVD when it comes out. B+
Old 04-01-2007, 03:11 AM   #2
ae86_16v
Regular User

Agreed, definitely better than I expected after seeing some of the reviews. This story/plot/movie has been done over and over again. I could've swore I would see everything coming, but yet I was still surprised. And the story was reinvented in ways during this movie. Good direction on the part of Antoine Fuqua.

Antoine Fuqua's movies definitely has some excellent action sequences. Another movie worth mentioning that was directed by Fuqua was "Tears of The Sun".

I didn't enjoy the ending that much. It was definitely surprising.

Overall good move, and I will buy the DVD too.

Grade: B
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote