Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-28-2007, 03:14 AM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Technician Roll Call (please read this before posting here)

Greetings to all new comers to MotorWorld, and the old JW transplants alike. As some of the older JW members know, there are a few automotive technicians on the forum and we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about how cars work or a specific problem you may be having with yours.

Consider this thread to be the Technician Roll Call. Any tech willing to answer questions in this section (preferable in case anyone else is having a similar issue) or through Private Message can post in this thread and volunteer their brain to be picked. Please post how long you have been in the field, and optionally, what makes you specialize in or have the most experience with.

I'll kick things off. I've been working with cars in some form or another since i was 17. spent a year and a half working with imports, mainly Hondas, while i went through school. went through BMW's Step program from 03 to 04 and have been working on them ever since. I have some experience with the Datsun Z cars as well since i used to own a 240Z. I currently drive an AE91 Toyota Corolla.

(To all who may take advice from this section: Please bear in mind that it is almost impossible to accurately diagnose a vehicle over the internet. Information imparted here should be not only taken with a grain of salt but also considered as a starting point for your diagnosis. If you are not comfortable performing a procedure described here, please take your vehicle to a reputable shop where a trained professional can make the repairs needed. It may cost a little more to have it done right, but it will still be cheaper than correcting a mistake you may have made.)

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
T-Bird
Regular User

Well I have been a Paid Technician for roughly 3 years now I worked for 2.5 years as an Acura Technician and now I work in a Customizing shop that specializes mainly in Mazdas but we do it all.
www.ProtegeGarage.com is my company now.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote