Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
ferrari550
Regular User

Default Koenigsegg CCXR

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6221471/...wer/index.html
Old 11-26-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
abrown250
Regular User

dayemmmm. they forgot to mention the fact that the SSC Ultimate Aero TT holds the official speed record at 255 mph. how much is the CCXR?
abrown250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
unwilling
Regular User

That price doesn't make much sense. The CCX cost, what, around 400k quid. And this isn't a spectacularly huge leap ahead of it.
unwilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by abrown250 View Post
dayemmmm. they forgot to mention the fact that the SSC Ultimate Aero TT holds the official speed record at 255 mph. how much is the CCXR?
the aero is barely faster than the veyron and the veyron is barely faster than the ccx so the xr will probably be the new top speed king (once they actually get it on a road long enough)

thing that i don't get is that stupidly high price tag... the ccx is $550,000, how can the XR cost $3 million?

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
r2r
Regular User

Looks like they decided to start making their cars with spoilers after the TG test.

but oh boy did they design one ugly spoiler for this one.

A retractable one would have fitted the car much better imo.

Originally Posted by unwilling View Post
That price doesn't make much sense. The CCX cost, what, around 400k quid. And this isn't a spectacularly huge leap ahead of it.
Just look at the Reventon!
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #6
yg60m
Regular User

I don't like this rear wing at all ... Maybe needed for the 1018 bhp but it spoils the lines.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I actually don't mind the wing as long as it's functional. Only if Koenigsegg will put down a date and break all those records.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:47 PM   #8
CMonakar
Regular User

That is an insane, irrational amount of money for that car. I really like the looks of the previous model. The CCXR looks less refined IMO. Everyone keeps talking about the Topgear wing. I would be willing to bet most if not all of the improvements to the handling came from changes to the sway bars, shocks, and or alignment not the silly little wing they slapped on the car.
CMonakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

I believe they barely made or sold any CCX's - so they barely qualify as "production".

I wonder who will buy the single CCXR they make?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #10
DeMoN
Regular User

great color choise too!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #11
silentm
Regular User

looks more like computer renderings to me, rather than the real deal :-/
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
HeilSvenska
Regular User

So it is. Maybe they'll show the real one at the Geneva show? Or is that too late?
Old 12-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #13
martin100
Regular User

Looks agressive but the price is simply ridiculous I´d take a Veyron over this thing anyday...
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:47 AM   #14
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I think it needs to be clarified a bit. The rendering of the car shown is for the special "Edition" versions that you can get for the "normal" CCX and CCXR. You just have to fork over about a $1,000,000 more than the regular version for the super limited 14 CCXs and 6 CCXRs, two of which Koenigsegg says it's already sold.

-From Koenigsegg Press Release

Koenigsegg Edition cars.

Due to request from certain Koenigsegg Clients and Customers, Koenigsegg has created a Limited Edition version of it’s sought after cars.

The Koenigsegg Edition comes in two limited versions, the CCX and CCXR models.

It features a 5.0L twin supercharged Koenigsegg engine, together with many other unique features. The car is more track biased compared to the standard models, as it has stiffer springs and anti-roll bars, reset dampers and lowered chassis. It also features a fully visible carbon body a large adjustable rear wing, larger front splitter and side strakes for increased down force and a unique forged wheel design.

The interior is also reworked and features; color matched leather carpets, Edition side step plates, Edition chronograph instrument cluster, New edition only layout for the center consol control panels.

All other extra equipment comes as standard, such as Carbon Wheels, Special interior trim and color, Rearview camera, Satnav or Bluetooth, Amplifiers, complete Inconell exhaust system in order to save weight.

The Edition cars will be built in two different versions, a CCX model limited to 14 cars with 888 bhp and a CCXR (Bio flexi fuel) model limited to 6 cars with 1018 bhp. The price for the 888 hp CCX is 1 330 000 Euro, and 1 500 000 Euro for the 1018 hp CCXR (E85/petrol flex fuel) version. [Editor's note: this is approximately $1,955,632 for the CCX and $2,205,600 for the CCXR.] The two first of each version are already spoken for.

Each car comes with 5 years free Service and Warranty.

Unveiling of the Edition versions will be at the Geneva Motor show in March 2008, where the first delivery will take place.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:58 AM   #15
saadie
Regular User

koenigsegg has brought back the exquisitness to supercars