Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 10-19-2003, 09:15 AM   #1
sikx5
Regular User

Default BMW X3

Old 10-19-2003, 11:18 AM   #2
stradale
Regular User

That's one hell of an ugly, stupid car. Shame on you, BMW! I hope I won't see many of them around...
Old 10-19-2003, 11:26 AM   #3
oscargarza88
Regular User

that loks just like a small x5, i dont know who wold like 2 buy one of these...
i woudnt
would u?
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 12:00 PM   #4
hemi_fan
Regular User

Looks ugly and useless. I might have liked it if they put the same powerplants as the X5, but they obviously didnt... Two thumbs down...

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:11 PM   #5
altezza
Regular User

I hope the next generation BMW 3-series's headlights and taillights design won't be similar to the X3, coz' i don't think it looks that great at all
Old 10-19-2003, 01:35 PM   #6
DeMoN
Regular User

Im not sure what BMW is doing, I dont like any of their new series modeling. Exept of the upcomming 6 series which is good... and the Z4 even better when and if the M version comes out. Whats up with the rims in this, alll pictures show one type and then the closeup picture shows another type!
Old 10-19-2003, 03:12 PM   #7
initiala4
Regular User

I heard that its American designed...sometimes I think these cars are werid ,but somehow people will get used to the body styling within a few years
initiala4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 03:27 PM   #8
1zippo1
Regular User

Thx for posting those pics!

I don't think it looks to bad. Nothing exceptionnel, but not bad either. The side has kind off a Z4 sharp edge design. The front looks like a 3 series with some protecting plastics. And the back is too flat.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 04:42 PM   #9
themailman34
Regular User

I don't like how luxury car companies like Mercedes, BMW and now Porsche are coming out with these cheap cars. These companies are losing their top notch status. They should not have made cars for under $50,000

Just my opinion
themailman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:05 PM   #10
1zippo1
Regular User

this isn't really a cheap car for bmw. The new BMW that's coming out on the other hand will be rivalling the VW Golf so that's really a downgrade for BMW. I'm not so sceptical about it till I see how good it's going to be.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:12 PM   #11
tkach
Regular User

it looks like a rav 4 a bit and thats not good. i dont understand the luxuary suv concpet and i certianly dont like it. honestly has anybody ever seen a luxary suv raised or with real offraoding tires?
tkach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:05 PM   #12
draak666
Regular User

I'm not gonna judge new BMWs by a few pictures. At first I didn't really like the 5series and Z4 design, but now that I've seen 'em in real life I think they look very cool. It's something about those designs that they don't look good on print, I guess.

However, as long as the BMW remains the top handling car in it's class I'm happy. And I'm definitly looking forward to the new 1series. I don't agree that they should only make cars of over $50.000. That would mean I wouldn't be able to buy a BMW for far too long. I can't do that to myself. 3 series is the best! There's nothing wrong with a cheap BMW as long as it doesn't sell out driving- and handling-wise. The 318tds was unacceptable, though.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 04:21 PM   #13
chest3r
Regular User

I don't like it very much. It looks like a litle X5. Naaaaaaa that don't impress me.

BMW is in the wrong way
Old 10-20-2003, 05:08 PM   #14
stradale
Regular User

Although I don't like the X5, I can understand what attracts people to it. I can't say the same about this X3. It hasn't got any character. Plastics it has plenty unfortunately. BMWs normally look focussed, determined and a little angry. This on the other hand looks like the designers weren't convinced there is need for this car.

I'm not a Chris Bangle hater. On the contrary. I love the Z4, the new 5 series, the 6 series and, apart from the headlights, the 7 series as well. I agree it was time to modernize BMW design. I just don't see how this X3 fits in.

I don't agree with people who say BMW can't make cheaper cars. BMW has always done that, although in recent years the 3 series wasn't exactly cheap. The concept car of a couple of years ago (a convertible, I can't remember the name) was supposed to give some clues of what the 1 series was going to look like. It looked very good IMO, so I'm still confident it won't be as dull as this X3.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:34 PM   #15
Nemisis8u
Regular User

Cool, not a bad looking car at all. Although I cant help but to remember JC comments on how it would roll over when it would go on some small rocks

"Well, we don't care how bad-ass some dude's naturally aspirated Honda S2000 motor is; if you go up against 900-plus pushrod ponies and 750 pounds of earth-shaking torque with a wrong-wheel-drive econobox, you're gonna get a fast and furious old-school ass-whipping."
-=Car Craft=-
Nemisis8u is offline   Reply With Quote