Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 09-30-2005, 09:23 AM   #1
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Default Riding with a chp on sunday

So a little while back a CHP (California Highway Patrol, also known as the strictest cops on the planet) found me on myspace... he said hed never been on angeles crest highway and would like it if I road with him up there... idk if this is some sort of an undercover sting operation or what.. but I agreed, and well be going this sunday (the most patrolled day of the week). Riding up there on a sportbikes you have about an 80% chance of getting pulled over and harrassed up there, that road has a very very very crazy police presence up there... and thats ususally why I only ride it during the week. but since he works during the week were going on sunday. it will be interesting what happens.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:03 AM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Have you already arranged for a bailbondsman?

You're going to be featured on an episode of "Cops - the ACH division"...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #3
graywolf624
Regular User

Drive responsibly... The officer didnt say lets go up there and drive around like assclowns, he said lets go for a ride.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
Minacious
Regular User

Goodbye. I am saying goodbye because we will never see you again.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:42 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

This CHP is most likely going to ride the "Pace". You know how to ride the "Pace" right?

And before you make fun of the "Pace" I know folks who can up their "Pace" and make the street-clown kneedraggers look like doddering old farts, all while staying within their lane, never leaning off like a GP rider, and seldom touching the brakes.

I am sure his version of the "Pace" will only be about 10 or 15mph over, not 35 or 45mph over
Old 09-30-2005, 06:03 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

a) corpse, drop me a line on ms. ///M S85.

b) i really don't think it would be legal for him to approach you like that and then get you busted on the ride.

c) take it easy, as everyone has already said

d) have fun 8)

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 07:33 PM   #7
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
Goodbye. I am saying goodbye because we will never see you again.
Ed you should tag along... you know you want to....

I look at it two different ways.... 1. He could call his buddy and ill be taken away from ever.... 2. He is just lookin for a good time, and this could be my Stout gaurd.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:07 AM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Maybe it's a gay thing..

The biker.. and the cop...

Old 10-01-2005, 12:12 AM   #9
graywolf624
Regular User

and what was his reasoning behind the whole thing??
gasp.. could it be that those people that you think are all pigs and are rather just regular people like anyone else made up of all types.. actually enjoy to do things the rest of us do?

Oh my.. and here I thought they were all some robots out to harass poor ronin..

Come on man, the guy wants to ride his bike in a group. Any one of us can identify with that. I find it funny (and I know alot of you are jking but some arent) that some of you think a police officer has no life outside of work and that they cant possibly enjoy anything the rest of us do. They are just like anyone else.

I know several cops that are car nuts and go to car outtings all the time.. I also am related to a few. I don't know any of them that ride motorcycles, but outside of here I only know one person that rides a bike period, and he drives a harley so what do I know. But seriously they don't always have the uniform on.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:51 AM   #10
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

well he called me this morning, and canceled. Seems another fellow CHP called him right before he called me and gave him warning. Aparently there were massive amounts of chp up there in every turn out, some even had tow trucks ready to impound bikes. His friend actually got a ticket up there that morning ( I guess some chp's will give other chp's tickets) and for that reason he didnt want to go. He told me if he manages to get a ticket it could mean his job is on the line or something like that, so I told him its no problem, sounds like how it is everysunday. and that was that.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 AM   #11
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Originally Posted by goodduck
thats too bad... would have been interesting. does he want to reschedule or is that it?
next saturday/sunday I have off well definetly go either up to angeles crest, or perhaps another canyon road for sure.

Originally Posted by Ronin005
so ya decided not to go just cause you cant go faster then the speed limit??
its alot more than that. I wish it were that simple, just to get pulled over for speeding. but they get you for anything and everything. turn signals not being 3" away from license plate, exhaust, not having a light above your license plate, etc.. the list goes on. and I still would have gone if he wanted to go. Maybe manicious can give a better explanation of how things are up there on the weekend.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:23 AM   #12
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by corpse_grinder0
Maybe manicious can give a better explanation of how things are up there on the weekend.
Damnit boy, spell my name right!

It is nothing more than understanding that if you're going up to the Crest (and many other local canyons) and your Motorcycle isn't %100 stock and you aren't traveling within 3 mph of the speed limit, you will get a ticket, period. Basically, the way you bought it, is the way it must stay. This is their way of discouraging folk from making runs up and down the mountains. Needless to say, I never go up there anymore. My bike is far from stock and they would have a field day with me.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
gtx28
Regular User

I love florida makes me feel all warm inside
Old 10-03-2005, 02:10 PM   #14
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

Maybe manicious can give a better explanation of how things are up there on the weekend.

It is nothing more than understanding that if you're going up to the Crest (and many other local canyons) and your Motorcycle isn't %100 stock and you aren't traveling within 3 mph of the speed limit, you will get a ticket, period. Basically, the way you bought it, is the way it must stay. This is their way of discouraging folk from making runs up and down the mountains. Needless to say, I never go up there anymore. My bike is far from stock and they would have a field day with me.
you really need to come up in my valley, there are absolutely no cops in my canyons. and you still owe me dinner or did I owe you dinner? oh shit I forgot.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:15 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

you really need to come up in my valley, there are absolutely no cops in my canyons. and you still owe me dinner or did I owe you dinner? oh shit I forgot.
As I say... like a scripted Village People reunion...

Maybe it's a gay thing..

The bikers... and the cops...