Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 10-30-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
topgeartom
Regular User

Default My first ever biking experience

A few days ago, i had my first ever ride on a proper bike.

My sisters boyfriend has a 2003 sherco 2.5 trials bike.

Its a 250cc 2-Stroke with a 5-speed manual tranny.

Needles to say. i now want one.

theres this amazing place about 15 minutes from where i live called the flappits. Its a fucking huge quarry, thats actually still working, but on during the week, so on the weekends theres no need to dodge the bulldozers and earth movers. As its a working quarry, the whole place (which is absolutely massive) is constantly changing wich means you never get bored of the terrain. The hills range from the pathetic mild dips to the full on 'i want to die' vertical faces. As the place is so big, ther are areas where noobies like me can go and learn away from the nutters who enjoy losing limbs.

going back to the actual riding, i was amazed at ow simple it is to get on and ride. Withing 10 minutes i had the hang of the clutch, the gears, and could set off smoothly without stalling it!

The bike is really really nice, being a 2-stroke the power is instantaneous, being a 250, when it does come its bloody powerful
being as light as it is, its fucking quick.
Obviously its not exactly superbike stuff, but theres power in any gear, and with a bit of clutch control the thing will quite happily start in 4th.

As my sisters boyfriend has shown on countless occasions, it can overcome near vertical hills if you give it enough revs and have enough bottle. Just smash it in 3rd get the revs up, go for 4th and keep the throttle wide open!

Ive been far too much of a big girl to attempt any of the big hills yet, and havent been back to to the flappits for a little while, although this saturday i did go up to my sisters boyfriends house, for a day of playing, as he has an abandoned quarry of reasonable size behind his house, so i got some more practice riding the bike in there.

Right, some pics and vids. The videos are in .3gp format, so you ill need to have realplayer or quicktime to watch them, and might need to do a little update as well.

This is my sisters boyfriend on the bike in the flappits carpark. A breathtakingly poor picture i know but its the only one i have so tough.

The vids were taken on a camera phone so obviously the quality is poor, but its sort of proof that im not bullshitting - i mean, who else would be that small!
And yes, i am driving like a fuckig girl but this is my first time on a bike so no laughing.
http://rapidshare.de/files/6960258/MOV00004.3gp.html

And heres my sis's boyfriend showing us all how its done.
http://rapidshare.de/files/6960454/MOV00010.3gp.html
Old 10-30-2005, 10:50 AM   #2
No.1
Regular User

Sounds like good fun... i'll have to wait and see the midget in action cause of rapidshare, but shuld be able to get the vids in a while.

The thing about bikes like that is that they are so basic, they are really responsive and enjoyable to ride. Shame it's not a Moto-X as they obviously have a seat and can be ridden for ages comfortably
Old 10-30-2005, 11:09 AM   #3
topgeartom
Regular User

Yeh thats the only problem, i ache like fuck just from going on it on friday!

Ive even managed to pick up my first war scar from it!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:20 AM   #4
No.1
Regular User

Biking is pretty hard on the body physically, but falling off is harder
Old 10-30-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

congrats on your first biking experience, now when are you gonna get a street bike?
Old 10-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #6
Banchi105
Regular User

Pretty cool little bike. One of those things are really only useful if you have a good area like that though. But if you do- have some fun!
Banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote