Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-03-2004, 12:12 AM   #1
coloradosilver
Regular User

Default New GT4 US Release Date!

Was at my local game store this weekend and asked if there was any new news about the release date for Gran Turismo 4. The guy looked it up on his computer and said that the latest release date scheduled by the company (Sony or Polyphony, not sure which) is November 15, 2004. The bad news is that this is another 6 months away. The really bad news is that when a game is scheduled for the 1st or 15th of a month it is usually a temporary date that will get pushed back even further. I know that many of you are advocates for the theory of:

"They're just trying to make sure the game is great and runs perfectly"

But give me a break people, this game is damn near a year behind schedule and will most likely fall even farther behind than that. It's getting to the point where you have to wonder if there is something more at work here than just the game engineers trying to get it right. It's getting rediculous!

:x :x
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
racer_f50
Regular User

i don't have a PS2 or any interest in getting GT4, but thats still a bunch of crap for them to keep delaying the game. the same shit is happening with Half-Life 2 and DoomIII, and still with Duke Nukem Forever (whats that like 20 years late now?)...

you guys could just import it from other countries couldn't you?
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:21 AM   #3
Ziploc

more time for extra money? so the kiddies can buy PS2 and GT1-GT4
Old 05-03-2004, 02:27 AM   #4
5vz-fe
Regular User

I guess they just want to sell more of the Prolouge edition. And when u got that edition there is a very high chance of buying the final edition. So that's 2 times the income for those guys @ sony
Old 05-03-2004, 11:02 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
I guess they just want to sell more of the Prolouge edition. And when u got that edition there is a very high chance of buying the final edition. So that's 2 times the income for those guys @ sony
Wait a second: so will the Prologue even come out in the US now? Last time I checked it was planned only for Europe (end of May) since the release date for Europe is at the end of the year.. but now that even US have a November date, I think indeed the could slot the prologue in too

And me owning a NTSC and a PAL PS2, I will buy both if they are different
Old 05-03-2004, 10:46 PM   #6
Zarkoff500
Regular User

Last I heard SCEA said that the US would not be getting Prologue even though Europe and AZ were. I think that the reason that PD hasn't released the game yet was 1. The pursuit of perfection. 2. Online difficulties and 3. Making full use of the just released HDD. That Nov 15th date seems about right. If they release in time for Xmas they should get more sales.
Zarkoff500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 01:16 AM   #7
Minacious
Regular User

Late November sounds about right to me. It will be a perfect release date to take advantage of the holiday season and there is no question Sony will clean up too.

I too wish it would come out already, but I am patient and will wait for a finished product.

You guys better hope that for whatever reason the online play doesn't make it, because if it does, I will own you all.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:34 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

LOL yes Christmas period is the best for them for sure, but well... they could still delay untill Christmas 2005 of course