Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion > Top Gear UK - Episode Discussion

Old 10-31-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
chest3r
Regular User

Default Top Gear - Season 7 - Ep 1 - 13/11/2005

In the first of a new series of Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May head for the Isle of Man to decide which is best: the new baby Aston Martin - the V8 Vantage, BMW M6 or Porsche 911 Carrera S; car cultures clash when the Austin Healey Sprite takes on a Peugeot 307 in a hill climb challenge and a supercar - the Ascari AKZ1 takes to the track.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
coloradosilver
Regular User

Thanks for the update!

Oh yeah....I told you all that the new Z06 wouldn't be in this feature! I'll be surprised to see it at all this season. I would definitely love to see it on Top Gear this fall, but I don't think it's going to happen.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
coloradosilver
Regular User

Time out - This could be one of the few occasions that I'm wrong about something here, I just went on the Top Gear website and they have just recently tested the new Z06. Here's a link to the article:

http://www.topgear.com/drives/CB/A1/...sts/03/01.html

Hopefully it will make it on the program.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:15 PM   #4
No.1
Regular User

So that's why they shut off the roads on the Isle of Man.... i know we won't be disappointed by these guys

Should be interesting to see the KZ1.... but it's so old now, i remember 5th gear having it ages ago :roll:
Old 10-31-2005, 07:20 PM   #5
gucom
Regular User

yeah but delivery of it only started fairly recently...
cant wait to see it, i'll definately be watching htis episode...wasnt this series gonna be really short? 6 episodes or so?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:24 PM   #6
Daggernite
Regular User

Starting with some awesome cars this series, should be great. Im getting excited thinking about it.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:26 PM   #7
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
wasnt this series gonna be really short? 6 episodes or so?
yep

Can't wait for the KZ1 and the M6 test

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:50 PM   #8
PATo355
Regular User

Default Re: Top Gear - Season 7 - Ep 1 - 13/11/2005

Originally Posted by chest3r
In the first of a new series of Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May head for the Isle of Man to decide which is best: the new baby Aston Martin - the V8 Vantage, BMW M6 or Porsche 911 Carrera S; car cultures clash when the Austin Healey Sprite takes on a Peugeot 307 in a hill climb challenge and a supercar - the Ascari AKZ1 takes to the track.
Clarkson will say the V8 is the best of the 3 , just because its an aston , althought he will admit the 911 is a better car , but too clinical ...
Hammond will say the best is the 911 ... he loves that car .
James May will drive the M6 and will hate it , so he will decide on the V8.

Its obvious , but those fucking features are amazing , love the way top gear films the features ... cant waaaait !

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:56 PM   #9
abbor
Regular User

Originally Posted by PATo355
Clarkson will say the V8 is the best of the 3 , just because its an aston , althought he will admit the 911 is a better car , but too clinical ...

Its obvious , but those fucking features are amazing , love the way top gear films the features ... cant waaaait !
You're sooo right...
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:58 PM   #10
Anonymous

Awesome, can't wait to see the isle of man feature, the stig is supposed complete some timed tests in the cars there to
Old 10-31-2005, 08:08 PM   #11
chest3r
Regular User

Originally Posted by PATo355

Of course JC will say the AMV8 is a great car (even that it's the best car in the world ). That guy really loves Aston Martin's.

But I would prefer to see the M6 beeing tested against the M5 at the TG test track, instead of beeing included in this feature. The M6 is much more powerful that the AMV8 and the 911. And I think the M5 review in the previous series was a little poor. I would like to see more track action 8)
Old 10-31-2005, 08:15 PM   #12
SilviaEvo
Regular User

hmmmmm im in a dilemma on which one of these cars is the best. its between the Aston and the V8 Vantage. but the conclusion is obvious!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:32 PM   #13
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

can't wait to see the M6 in Top Gear's hands and hopefully on their track.. i wonder when 5th gear will review the M6?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:44 PM   #14
chest3r
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
hmmmmm im in a dilemma on which one of these cars is the best. its between the Aston and the V8 Vantage. but the conclusion is obvious!
Between the Aston and the V8 Vantage ?!?
Old 10-31-2005, 09:35 PM   #15
abbor
Regular User

No, he meant between the BMW and the M6...
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote