Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 07-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #16
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

cant wait to see the C6 Z06 start popping up in these types of tests. IMO the GT should have finished ahead of the gallardo considering the car couldnt even make it through the test. was happy to see the ford make a nice showing at the track. thanks for the scan
Old 07-10-2005, 12:45 PM   #17
SFDMALEX
Regular User

You mean the "track special" C6? Like I stated numerous times C6 is the base care so it should go against the F430 Gallardo etc. Not the Z06. The Z06 is a special "higher perfoamcen vehicle" like the 360 CS. So technicaly it should go up against the F430 CS or something like that

Anyway I really dont care, it sure would be great to see either Vette in these tests.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:54 PM   #18
sentra_dude

Nice article, figured the F430 would win, still not too keen on the looks or sound of the car, but hey...maybe if I see one in person my opinion will change.

Originally Posted by noosee
Thanks for the scans.
They should use normal 911 turbo, not cabrio.
It would be much faster & better.
Did you read the article? They specifically said all they could get was a cabrio, and a guy generously loaned them the car, it didn't even come from Porsche.

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
You mean the "track special" C6? Like I stated numerous times C6 is the base care so it should go against the F430 Gallardo etc. Not the Z06. The Z06 is a special "higher perfoamcen vehicle" like the 360 CS. So technicaly it should go up against the F430 CS or something like that

Anyway I really dont care, it sure would be great to see either Vette in these tests.
Psh...that's a bunch of bullshit. :roll:

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:55 AM   #19
1zippo1
Regular User

Nice car comparison, for once the cars are quite closely matched.

thx
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:40 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude

Psh...that's a bunch of bullshit. :roll:
So what are you saying?

The Z06 has nothing to do with the C6?

Bottom line is that the C6 non Z06 is the base car.
Just like 360M was the base car and the CS was the faster stiffer one. Just like the Z06 is to the C5.

Same story here. F430 is the base model. And its "CS" version which will probably come out is going to be its Z06.

So when you have the F430 and the C6 and their "CS/Z06" compare the F430 to the C6 and the CS to the Z06.

Until then its F430 vs. all.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #21
gottacatchup
Regular User

If there's one thing i HATE about Car and Driver its their retarted "Gotta Have it Factor" which they just make up on how much THEY like the car and has nothing to do with the car's merit. Its a stupid category and shouldnt be there
Old 07-11-2005, 07:16 PM   #22
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

i guess the concept technically makes sense but when you really analyze the 2 cars, the z06 is a daily driver and the regular F430 is a daily driver. break the cars down for what they really offer. the z06 is a car you can live with regularly, it has all things you expect from a car, radio, A/C, power windows, floormats, and few other things im sure i forgot. just like the "base" F430 has. for all practical purposes the z06 is a daily driver the CS is not, period.

next you will be saying when/if the "blue devil"comes out that we should be comparing that to the enzo.....not the F430 CS.

i mean what about porsche. by your reasoning we should compare the base carrera to the F430 since they are both "base models" and the turbo would be the CS competetor. but then where does the GT3 fit in? a second CS competetor?

all i am saying is look at the car for what it is and what it offers and it is quite obvious that the z06 has its sights set right on the likes of an F430.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:54 PM   #23
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09
i guess the concept technically makes sense but when you really analyze the 2 cars, the z06 is a daily driver and the regular F430 is a daily driver. break the cars down for what they really offer. the z06 is a car you can live with regularly, it has all things you expect from a car, radio, A/C, power windows, floormats, and few other things im sure i forgot. just like the "base" F430 has. for all practical purposes the z06 is a daily driver the CS is not, period..
Good point, I agree.

next you will be saying when/if the "blue devil"comes out that we should be comparing that to the enzo.....not the F430 CS..
Blue what? How much power will it have? If its 600bhp plus I dont see how you can compare it to an F430 or anything in that power range.

i mean what about porsche. by your reasoning we should compare the base carrera to the F430 since they are both "base models" and the turbo would be the CS competetor. but then where does the GT3 fit in? a second CS competetor?
Base Carrera and the Turbo use different chassis. They are different cars.

The problem is that them Germans arent that good at the drawing boards so their cars end up looking all the same. Hell even Cayene resembles a 911, and so does that Cayman. And they ran out of ideas with this generation so they went back the the 993 look.

F430 is the competition for the Turbo because they have very close power figures.

GT3 is a direct CS competitor. Because its just like you said. Striped out and doesnt have a cup holder like the Z06
Old 07-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #24
sentra_dude

^^^Well, if you want to go by power figures than you should compare the Z06 to the F430, since they are very close, and the base C6 is obviously outclassed with almost 90 less hp. I understand what you are saying, but the base C6 shouldn't really be compared to something it wasn't even designed to compete against. The C6 is a normal sports-car, something for everyday use, to compete against normal 911s and the like; not quasi-supercars, which the F430 falls into IMO.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 PM   #25
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

The problem is that them Germans arent that good at the drawing boards so their cars end up looking all the same. Hell even Cayene resembles a 911, and so does that Cayman. And they ran out of ideas with this generation so they went back the the 993 look.
lol this is true

Blue what? How much power will it have? If its 600bhp plus I dont see how you can compare it to an F430 or anything in that power range.
i dunno thats what they have been calling it the blue devil and i guess its to early to be talking about this uber vette and F430CS since neither have so much as been announced.