Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-15-2004, 02:43 PM   #31
TT
Regular User

The wheels.. you have the standard Mini 18 inch ones.. and since I don't think you stated that clearly in the previous post and you were just talking about summer 18" rims, I was someway waiting for something different than the standard ones LOL... just guessed, and guessed wrong
Old 03-15-2004, 02:52 PM   #32
Erdmann
Regular User

Ahhhh, ok ok. LOL sorry that didn´t wrote that. Yes I still have the standard rims, but the cars is only 3 and a half month old and next time I will decide which rims I will take. Maybe some OZ´s, I don´t know. But I want to have this exhaust-system

Erdmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:58 PM   #33
TT
Regular User

Seems an Hamman one! In that case it won't be cheap
Old 03-15-2004, 03:21 PM   #34
Erdmann
Regular User

No it is from the tuner which internet adresse is on the number plate: www.maxi-tuner.com
Watch this:

Old 03-15-2004, 03:25 PM   #35
Evo
Regular User

Nice looking mini..
I got it's older smaller brother.. hehehe..

By the way I though all Mini S came with a strip on the hood.. yours did't . Is yours a real S or is it just an S kit.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:29 PM   #36
TT
Regular User

Not sure what do you mean Evo, but I see plenty of Cooper S like this one around here and all are genuine S...
Old 03-15-2004, 07:01 PM   #37
Erdmann
Regular User

No only the old mini s-version´s had the stripeson the bonnet. Yes it is a real mini cooper s.
But this evening I met with a friend and on the way home, I was standing at a traffic light and besides me the guy in our city who drives an BMW M3 tuned by AC Schnitzer ( 380 bhp, I know him from a friend who works for a BMW Dealer) stopped. Only two words: NO CHANCE! Holy shit, he destroyed me
Don´t mind I don´t wanna mess with an M3, it is another league
Old 03-15-2004, 08:55 PM   #38
adlinyusman
Regular User

erm...no. The stripe decals are an option. it's still offered for all coopers from One all the way to the up market Works tuned coopers. All you gotta do is ask and pay the premium. The same goes for the decals on the roof, i.e. union jack flags or any other decals you've seen b4. Btw Erdmann, nice colour, i was thinking of getting it in that colour. It's less obvious that way, and you can easily park it anywhere without drawing any unwanted attention.

adlinyusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:11 PM   #39
number77
Regular User

your car looks good in grey. 8) i'm rockin the corolla s.
[/img]
number77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:29 PM   #40
cooperluke
Regular User

I also believe the S is a wonderful little car. But here in Portugal its also very usual to see them without the stripes on the hood. I think it's an optional!
Oh, and another thing... in the old MINI, only the last ones, the injection Minis from 1992 to 2000 had the stripe in the hood as standard!

Congratulations for the machine you have there!
I had one of the classic ones, but sold it last October,
Pictures at: http://drive.to/miniweb
The site is in Portuguese, but just click the section "Meu Mini", and enjoy the
photos!

Greetings,
Carlos Bruno

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:01 PM   #41
Erdmann
Regular User

Very very nice car...I love the old mini´s so much. I saw one of these in my town, I could by it for 5900 €. It is in the same colour with white stripes on the bonnet and a small Trailer. Maybe I will buy it, this is a real fun toy.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:58 PM   #42
Erdmann
Regular User

Hehe, I can say you it will be pretty fun. But you can drive also very well with the winter tires. The only problem with my Cooper S is, that if I accelerate hardly he goes everywhere but not straight away. You have to be carefull and hold the steering wheel strong, because he has to much power in the first gear. And when it´s rainy turn off the ASR, then this stupid Stability-Control does not brakes all the time. But do not give it too much gas in the first gear when it´s rainy, the you won´t be move one metre But it´s funny, even on snow the car is very safe. You really has to be stupid to crash it because of the weather or the road-conditions.