Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 12-30-2006, 10:46 PM   #616
nthfinity
Regular User

a pair of Toy's for chirstmas, Michael? (as in toyota's)

Thanks, and wishes of good health, prospairity, and safety to you as well :rainbowafro: :drinking: :roflmao:
Old 12-31-2006, 10:10 AM   #617
MIHALS
Regular User

wish you ALL THE BEST in new Year, Michael!!!

lol "Let the women chauffeur you around!" you're insane mike

Can't wait for other reviews, hope you'll get some nice wheels in the upcoming year, so we can keep drooling

Mike
Old 12-31-2006, 06:45 PM   #618
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by magwheel
Originally Posted by TT
Merry Xmas Mike! May 2007 bring new cars to your garage
Thank you TT. That was kind of you to send me a Christmas wish back. I hope everything is merry and bright with you and yours! “Fröhlichi Wienachte” :x-mas: Michael p.s. Did I get it right? I did a big time search on Google to try and find the right wording!
"Fröhlichi Wienachte" is correct, it's real swiss german :good:
in germany they say "Fröhliche Weihnachten"

It's about time to get ready for the big bang - 17 min to go for New Year!

Happy New Year!

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:18 PM   #619
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Hey Michael I read in your signature that you got yourself a TACOMA???

GREAT BUY MAN! How are you liking it so far? Any pics? Also what kind did you get? 2 or 4 doors?

Check out my Tacoma. http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41357

More pictures will be added probably in a few weeks time.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #620
magwheel
Regular User

Default Starting Off 2007 With a Bang!

Originally Posted by TT
Merry Xmas Mike! May 2007 bring new cars to your garage
A little late but I guess you could say Santa made it! :x-mas:

Well.... TT and Jabba, I've got some more ammunition for your web site. :snipersmile: It's gonna make some people happy and somebody mad. I traded the 2005 Ford GT and the 2007 Porsche 997 Turbo on a brand new 2006 Mercedes McLaren SLR!

I had first taken a SLR for a test ride in March of 2006 (You may remember my test ride review here on JW) and loved the car but not enough to cough up the :shocked!: 'beaucoup' amount of moolah to buy it. The thought of another huge car payment made me nauseous! But then every other month, the SLR bug bit my ass again and again. First I'd want one.... :good: then I wouldn't.... :bad: then I would.... and then I wouldn't! This has gone on and on and on for the past several months. :crazyeyes: So just this past week, I decided to cut to the chase and get off my arse and break open my piggy bank!

I called the Cleveland Mercedes dealer and worked out a deal trading in the 997 Turbo and the Ford GT. I feel I got a pretty good deal but won't know for sure until after I drive the car and try and wipe the drool and huge grin off my face! I'm hoping that the price drop of the SLR comes to a sudden halt soon and it starts to climb back up a little. Kinda taking a huge gamble on the future value of the car but sometimes.... 'You've gotta throw all caution to the wind and say the hell with it!' :wanker:

I bought the Crystal Laurite Silver with the Silver Arrow 300SL Red Leather interior SLR. I liked the Black one too but I think the Silver will show its body lines off better and will certainly stand out a little more in the sun.... especially with the red interior. She should be here Wednesday or Thursday at the latest according to the dealer.

The dealer also sent a few guys to pick up the Ford GT and the 997 Turbo Friday night.... guess they were afraid I'd suddenly change my mind on the SLR...... Who me? The bummer was, it was raining pretty good and although the 997 has seen a little rain, the Ford GT couldn't even spell rain! The thought of getting the Ford GT's engine compartment wet and dirty made me cringe in pain! :x

Unfortunately, right now, there's a couple empty parking spots in the garages!

I'll try and do a review of the SLR and a comparison to the Carrera GT shortly after I get the steering wheel is in my horny little hands! The Mags

p.s. I really loved the Ford GT (but hardly drove it.... only 1000 miles in 2 years), so it just didn't make sense keeping her. And even though I did drive the Porsche 997 Turbo a lot more than the Ford GT, I just couldn't justify holding on to the Turbo when I could have the SLR in its parking spot ! Did I do OK? :faint:
Old 01-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #621
Pimp Racer
Regular User

I can understand the GT but the 977 as well! Oh well its your choice. Its still good though.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #622
TopGearNL
Regular User

Wow Magwheel!! :shock:

At least you get the opportunity to do these kind of things!

I think you did well to start off! Your bang on about the Silver, the lines do come out best in that colour! And I love the red interior too, its the same type SLR they used on the TopGear Race!

Anyway I can understand why you put the GT and the Porsche away.. I fully can! If you can't enjoy them, why keep them :bah

You will have a Carrera GT, a racing car for the streets! And a SLR which is also a racingcar wen you want it to be..! If you just want to drive it normally put in in D and waft forever!

This puts such a big smile on my face, really does!

Again I think you did well, the SLR is the best and most reliable supercar ever made IMO!

Hope you will enjoy it for a very long time, keep us updated! Oh and Happy New Year my friend!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #623
nthfinity
Regular User

I felt this might be the trade up you were having in mind when i spoke to you in november or so.

Perhaps not the trade I would have done, but hey, its not my collection, now is it !!! :spaz: LOL But how can I say its not a bad choise either... particularly when the GT is still holding its value quite nicely

I look forward to your ownership review Michael... the content you keep bringing is undending, and utterly spectacular!
Old 01-08-2007, 12:20 AM   #624
Mattk
Regular User

A belated happy new year, Michael, and I'm glad you're still enjoying your cars. I'm sure the SLR will be great, although I was a bit surprised you traded in the 997, because you seemed quite enraptured with it when you bought it.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:20 AM   #625
MIHALS
Regular User

wow, as others are shocked - I can understand FGT, but 997TT? oh no :cry: the best car in the best color... oh well, we might expect the 997GT3 then?

congrats for the SLR Mike! I think you've made a good choice even I wouldn't buy it, but that noise would change my mind pretty quickly I guess :shock:
so enjoy your new baby and I can't wait for the PROPPER review
Happy new year Mike!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:11 AM   #626
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

sad to see 2 great cars go! but hotdamn! an SLR!
i bet in a week or two we'll see pics of you with no panties britney next to you
andwho! congrats man!! can't wait to hear what you have to say after you had some more ownership time with it! ..and pics!
great way to start the new year!
congrts man! 0X your my new idol now can't wait to the day (and it will come.. ) that i could have such a nice and exciting car life

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:26 AM   #627
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

Congratz on the SLR, too bad the 997 had to go Btw, your SLR is exactly the same as my avatar
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:27 AM   #628
cooperluke
Regular User

No more 997TT???

I like the Slr... but.... no more 997TT???

You didn't like it?

Just a small question... you get tired of your cars very fast, don't you???

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:39 AM   #629
stmoritzer
Regular User

Well, though decisions you've to make magwheel

Congrats to your new ride, the SLR! - silver is the standard color .... that's maybe the reason I would have choosen another color like black for instance
IMO it's ok to trade the GT and the TT for the SLR.

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #630
mevistox5
Regular User

Are you visiting the Mclaren factory for the SLR Expirience??? Take a look here:
http://www.mclarencars.com/cars/slr_customer_care.htm
mevistox5 is offline   Reply With Quote