Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 09-03-2004, 06:55 AM   #1
Ghostbat
Regular User

Default Remake of Taxi (Trailer)

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/taxi/tx_large.html

American version of the french car-movie Taxi. Left click the link for the teaser

Edit: Red 7-series with chromed bling rims. Very discrete getaway car :roll:
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:17 AM   #2
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

4 very gorgeous 6 foot tall girls, very discrete robers
Old 09-03-2004, 10:12 AM   #3
abbor
Regular User

I can't see why they have to do a remake of a excellent movie like Taxi.. Why can't americans watch movies with texting??
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 10:34 AM   #4
stradale
Regular User

Excellent movie? IMO the original is crap already... :S
Old 09-03-2004, 10:49 AM   #5
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

Originally Posted by abbor
I can't see why they have to do a remake of a excellent movie like Taxi.. Why can't americans watch movies with texting??
To put Gisele Bundchen in it and make a lot of money, from wankers.
Originally Posted by stradale
Excellent movie? IMO the original is crap already... :S
Yeah, but a fucking funny crap, I quite enjoyed the Luc Besson's movie, ridiculously clumsy characters, , pretty girls, mad car chases, thousand of rounds fired, nobody dies... fast food for the mind.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:11 AM   #6
hemi_fan
Regular User

hahaha, this movie seems like one giant car chase... sounds good to me!! lol

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 04:14 PM   #7
TopGearNL
Regular User

I like the french movie better, its the sole purpose of the movie, a Peugeot 406 blitzing as a touring car, now thats cool, americans can not make good remakes (except gone in 60 seconds) because they mess up the soul purpose of the movies.

Like the Italian Job remake, why is it called the Italian Job when its performed in beautiful Italian city called LA , with german Mini's and americans running it, its just stupid :x (not that its a bad movie)

I like the BMW 7 Series though

TopGearNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:27 PM   #8
Kostia

Hahaha
Old 09-04-2004, 08:14 AM   #9
stradale
Regular User

If the 406 really resembled a 406 BTCC car it might have been a fun movie, but when the ricey spoilers slid out of the body in true Knight Rider style I already started to doubt the movie. Let's face it, the car was crap, the driving was just a tape in fast forward, the script was crap, the actors were crap and as a bonus Jean-Louis Schlesser made himself look like an ass. The movie was totally shit IMO.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:17 AM   #10
evoWalo
Regular User

Originally Posted by abbor
Why can't americans watch movies with texting??
Maybe not all of them can read?
Old 09-04-2004, 01:16 PM   #11
TopGearNL
Regular User

If the 406 really resembled a 406 BTCC car it might have been a fun movie, but when the ricey spoilers slid out of the body in true Knight Rider style I already started to doubt the movie. Let's face it, the car was crap, the driving was just a tape in fast forward, the script was crap, the actors were crap and as a bonus Jean-Louis Schlesser made himself look like an ass. The movie was totally shit IMO.
I might have a different opinion, so speak for yourself. And what would you say about the American remake then?? EH, just look at the spoilers, they look as they were made with photoshop or corel, your comments say nothing about the remake itself :roll:
Old 09-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #12
topgeartom
Regular User

taxi is cool. I got 1 and 2 on DVD, and would get 3 but it aint in english subs, and my french aint good enough yet.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:59 AM   #13
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by topgeartom
taxi is cool. I got 1 and 2 on DVD, and would get 3 but it aint in english subs, and my french aint good enough yet.
Here you go, english Subs for Taxi 3

:arrow: http://divxstation.com/dl/subtitles/17109.sub
Old 09-05-2004, 12:25 PM   #14
stradale
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
I might have a different opinion, so speak for yourself. And what would you say about the American remake then?? EH, just look at the spoilers, they look as they were made with photoshop or corel, your comments say nothing about the remake itself :roll:
I did speak for myself of course, hence "IMO". And yes, your entitled to a different opinion. I never stated otherwise.

From what the website of The American remake tells me, I expect the remake to be worse. The cab is far worse than the Peugeot in the original movie and everything points towards a mindlessly stupid flick. I expect the script to be three pages in total. Only reason to go see it is probably Giselle Buendchen.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:25 PM   #15
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
I did speak for myself of course, hence "IMO". And yes, your entitled to a different opinion. I never stated otherwise.

From what the website of The American remake tells me, I expect the remake to be worse. The cab is far worse than the Peugeot in the original movie and everything points towards a mindlessly stupid flick. I expect the script to be three pages in total. Only reason to go see it is probably Giselle Buendchen.
Im glad we share that opinion, I wasn;t intending to start a war, especially with a fellow countrymen such as yourself, but hey if you thought Taxi was crap, I can respect that

Im glad your opnion on the remake is that aswell, otherwise I would have found it a bit strange

The only 2 things I agree on you that are great about this movie are the BMW 7 series and Giselle Buendchen