Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 08-05-2004, 06:54 PM   #1
Gimp
Regular User

Default Doom 3 - My review

I downloaded this game a couple days ago, great game, and I am for sure going to buy it. Very well game, hit all the key points of graphics, game play, game control, live orchestra music, interactive objects and people, and very well made voice over character speaches. I have a decent computer and I get a little choppiness occasionally when incounter bad guys.
Here are some of my Screen shots of it:

I will post more later, but if you have some cash around or a fast connection try it out or buy it, you wont reget it. 9/10 is my rating.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:07 PM   #2
vexor
Regular User

Yeah I agree with you, it is a really good game. I've played the full version of this game before and it is amazing, the only thing I don't like about the game is that it's really dark and I always had a hard time spotting the enmy in the dark. But overall it is a very good game.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:28 PM   #3
Gimp
Regular User

Yeah, be nice if you could use the flashlight and a gun at the same time.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:49 PM   #4
Cornutu
Regular User

Turn up the gamma
Cornutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:55 PM   #5
HoboPie
Regular User

I like the darkness. Not being able to see is a big part of the game, not just a side effect of the rendering engine.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:44 PM   #6
Xploded
Regular User

I like the game to, nice graphics can be hard to find the enmy in the dark at times still good though. It just a pain on me bros comp though as no way it would run on mine but it still manages to crash on his even on bloody low settings and its got a 9600 video card in it not sure whats going on but going to get an update for the video drivers for it he he. Hope it fixs me problem cause I wanna play it he he
Xploded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:19 AM   #7
crazidude
Regular User

The game is great, but I don't like it that much because it scares the shit outta me. When I first installed it, it was around 11pm so its dark and quite. Started playing and nothing eventful happens in the begining until those damn heads start flying around. Everytime I turn a corner those damn zombies make a freaky sound and it doesn't help that I turn the volume up aswell. The first time that happened I almost pissed in my pants.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 04:24 AM   #8
ARMAN
Regular User

must be a good game, I hate scaryones but still gonna try thisone. I remember playing THIEF and had pants full of s**t cause of atmosphere and cause you couldnd do to much with weapons

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 05:30 AM   #9
Gimp
Regular User

Man wait until you get to the later , with more demonic shit and some voices out of no where laughing at you...
Old 08-06-2004, 09:29 AM   #10
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Screw this game. So I install it. Put on 1280x1024 Ultra Settings and the game runs like shit. Ohhhhh well. Its not going to live on my spacious harddrive anymore...
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 02:52 PM   #11
Sachmo12345
Regular User

yea i played this game last night and it has to be one of the best made games i have seen

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:29 PM   #12
vexor
Regular User

Check out this funny cartoon of Doom 3 http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=...ate=2004-08-04

That almost happend to me when my dad came up behind me lol.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:51 PM   #13
crazidude
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Screw this game. So I install it. Put on 1280x1024 Ultra Settings and the game runs like shit. Ohhhhh well. Its not going to live on my spacious harddrive anymore...
Lol I didn't even want to go past 1024x768. I'm afraid it'll get too choppy and it'll hurt my eyes.

I went to the gamefaq forums to get some help, and I run into a topic where people with gf fx 5200s say that they could run doom 3 at max settings. I just found it hilarious when they say its a good card and it can run at max settings and resolution.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 09:58 PM   #14
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Thamar, Crazie Dude - I so dont care about this game that if that doesnt run at 1280x1024 Ill just uninstall it and keep it for collections sake

Ill give it another go though. It was very slow 1280x1024....and if things started to expload it would be BAD!

Ill give it another go later on maybe. Do a few tweaks here and there.......
Old 08-06-2004, 09:59 PM   #15
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
euhm SFD, for 1280*1024 Ultra you need a BOMB of a pc.
I'm running 1024*768 on an XP3200+, 512mb memory & R9800Pro on high detail without one problem.

Everybody knew this game was hard on pc's and that even the fastest setup right now isn't able to play the game on 1600*1200 with all the fancy graphical features like AA & AF on.
Shit. I would say thats preaty pathetic job from the Developers. You know that if they wanted to make the game run fast they could. Looks like they just dont give a fuck, knowing that the name alone will sell them millions of copies.