Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 12-29-2005, 06:20 PM   #16
Pehtren
Regular User

Default Re: someone care to explain quickly

Originally Posted by Blip
Originally Posted by nchs09
why this season was so short? wtf are they spening too much money per show?

i rather hve more shows that are just normal like the past seasons... if that si whats going on.
They need to spend more time filming behind the scenes specially since the show has become more hoolywoody in an attempt to gain an even wider audience :roll:

I still cannot get over how bad the Buggatti Veyron episode was. I waited for weeks only to end up watching a stupid fake bullshit race across Europe ! We didn't even get to see the car properly. I expected technical details about the Veyron then a video that would really bring it's awesome speed into prespective. They are making the show less technical and more theatrical because common people aren't interested in cars to the degree we're interested in... TOP GEAR is meant to be a show that caters for car enthusiasts not for mindless teenage hippies that couldn't care less about details on cars.
yeah here the same but with the M6, the M5 episode was so good that i expected this to be even better :?
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:21 PM   #17
DeMoN
Regular User

Id like to see it go arround the track. W/it being so heavy, Id like to know how the driver feels while turning in corners. I'd like to see McLaren F1 vs Veyron on the track to se how much of a difference there is in over 10 years of engineering.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #18
Dubai
Regular User

I still don't know why they sped so much money on the tech part, but ignored the looks! It should look like 10 yrs from now, not two color tone!
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #19
jakaracman
Regular User

Default Re: someone care to explain quickly

Originally Posted by Blip
So you prefer seeing a Veyron racing a train across Europe for example, than seeing a Veyron drag racing a Mclaren F1 or some other similarly performing car ? That would really show us just how much faster the Veyron is. It would be much cheaper to film than a silly vacation across Europe.
I'd like to see a proper race - Veyron going flkat out through france, not at 80 mph ... Or don't call it a race ...
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote