Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Photography

Old 07-01-2004, 07:08 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Dust inside my Pro 1!

Dang, I have the camera since some months only, and here is the first problem.. sadly as I read around the net, it is quite a common problem for the Pro 1 and other cameras too...
Basically the lens thing is not completely sealed and dust can easily enter it.. and I don't mean small dust but also quite big crap entered!

Here are two big pics taken with my other camera, you can have an idea of what got inside:

I have no idea where the leak is... I tried to put a vacuum cleaner ner the lens from various angles to see if it can such it out (yes sure, what a noob try ), but obviously nothing... and yesterday while I was blowing some dust away from a place where I can't clean with a towel, I noticed the small inside moving... shit

Of course today I went to the store, since the warranty is there and they said there is no problem, they will send the camera away for complete cleaning.. sure, and when I asked them how long it will take the answer was "around two weeks"... now, I'm no pro photographer and don't make money thanks to my pics or something, but still, I can't really spend two weeks w/o my preciousssss! and the only cameras they could lend me during those two weeks are crappy 3 MP ones (and old models too)...

Well, this is basically just a rant since nobody can do nothing about it beside Canon... but so far I couldn't notice any problem in my pics, especially since anyway I don't print them, or just rarely. So I will go on a bit more hoping for the dust to magically disappear, and when I will find the strength needed, I will part form my Pro 1 hoping that after the cleaning they will manage to seal it better..

Sadly cho is away.. I'm curious to know if his Pro 1 has the same problem already...
Old 07-01-2004, 07:24 AM   #2
v0od0o
Regular User

A friend of mine has the Canon G5, it's the one I used for shooting the auto show pics I posted elsewhere, it's been with him for about 7 or 8 months now and he didn't have any problems with dust or anything, strange