Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > MotorWorld Car Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #16
nthfinity
Regular User

There are a few things I'd like to add to the review...

One, the car is not soft on the more significant bumps... the chassis takes them with confidence, surely, but you feel everything. A trait removed in the CGT. Potholes aren't a real issue on the roads i drove, but rather the tarfil to repaire them. The car I drove rode on the Turbo wheels, and yes, they look FANTASTIC! perhaps the best designed wheel in a very long time

Photos? I was so caught up with driving, i didn't even bother to record via camera phone... I'll see if i can get something in the next few days, but suddenly Global Warming has kicked in locally, and we have a few inches of snow on the ground with 5 more expected before morning. I was originally supposed to drive the car today, but seeing the forecast, I had to move it up 24 hours

Styling -
The more i look at the car, the more I like it... it still feels a little girly for a Porsche... but... I get the car now... something that not everybody will enjoy. I wish I was paying attention to the rear view so I could watch the spoiler come out LOL... too many afterthoughts.

Brakes -
They were ok, but it just didn't feel spectacular... surely the 40 degree F temperatures had something to do with the grip on the michellin PS2 compound tires. Of course, everything was repeatable with the brakes. Pressure is a little too power-assisted IMHO, but has good travel.

Pedal distances... very good for heel + toe-ing even with my size 13.5 office shoes on. The shoes may have had something to do with the inability to go from on-throttle to "less depressed on throttle" conditions... But I think it's the relatively short travel.

Sameer, yes, the car does have throttle by wire. But this car didn't have the optional "sport chrono" package, which gives the option to make even more immediate throttle response and less throttle travel between off, and full. A feature wich kinda seems an exersize in futility with the S version of the car... surely, it would help the lesser powered 2.7.

After reading Gray's review, I'll match his appreciation of the audio systems test...

Oh, I didn't even bother LOL... never once crossed my mind even hahaha... I'm sure it sounds ok, but I honeslty have no clue

Next drive?
Either some Ferrari, a Z4 M coupe, or a C6 Z51... or something else? 0X